Get free standard shipping on all orders over $60
This trusted brand offers a wide range of vehicle and equipment rentals — ranging from pickup and box trucks to trailers and hitches — to get you and your belongings to your destination safely and securely.
What can I rent from U-Haul?
- Trucks. Choose from pickups, cargo vans and 10′, 15′, 17′, 20′ and 26′ box trucks.
- Trailers and towing equipment. Rent cargo and utility trailers, as well as hitches and other towing equipment.
- U-Box containers. Fill your U-Box and have it shipped to your new home or business and store it in your new location until you’re ready to unpack.
- Storage. Rent a storage unit or covered parking space for your vehicle or RV.
- Moving help. Hire a professional company in your city to help you move.
- Boxes and packing supplies. Buy boxes, bags, locks and other moving and packing essentials.
How do I use my coupon code?
To use your U-Haul coupon code, follow these steps.
- Visit the U-Haul website.
- Select the type of rental you need, then enter your pickup location, date and time. Click Get Rates.
- Choose the item you want to rent.
- Select your preferred pickup location and indicate how long you’ll need the rental. Click Continue.
- Choose your preferred payment method.
- Click Apply gift certificate on the checkout screen. Enter your discount code in the box and click Apply.
Why is my code not working?
If your coupon code isn’t working, it might be expired, case-sensitive or not available for the items you’ve selected. Contact U-Haul directly for help with a specific code.
Shipping, delivery and payments
Can I get free delivery?
Yes. Earn free shipping on boxes, packing supplies and more when you spend at least $50.
Shipping costs will depend on the items in your cart and your location. You can view your shipping estimate at checkout.
Note that freight fees may apply to oversized items and the cost to ship a U-Box will depend on its size, weight and delivery location.
How can I track my order?
Log into your U-Haul account to view the status of your order and find tracking information.
U-Haul accepts all major credit cards when paying online, as well as cash when paying in person. If paying by credit card, no deposit is required. When paying in cash, you’ll be asked to pay a deposit at pickup.
What is U-Haul’s return policy?
U-Haul accepts returns of unopened boxes and packing supplies within 30 days of delivery. If you no longer need trucks or equipment that you’ve reserved, contact U-Haul the day before the pickup date to cancel your order.
Are U-Haul returns free?
No. You’ll be responsible for the cost of return shipping, unless the items you received arrived damaged or defective. If you don’t obtain an RMA number prior to sending back your return items, you’ll be charged a 10% fee.
How do I return items to U-Haul?
You can bring back any unused boxes to your local U-Haul location or mail back other packing supplies.
To start the returns process, follow these steps:
- Call 866-277-6855 to obtain a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number.
- Put your return items in the mail.
- Look for your refund within two to five days.
U-Haul returns address
U-Haul asks that you contact customer service before putting your return items in the mail to ensure you get a full refund. You’ll be provided with an RMA number and further instructions about how to address your package.
When’s the next sale?
U-Haul occasionally offers special promotions, like a free month of self-storage with your truck or trailer rental. Check its website for the latest information on deals and promos, or head to your nearest U-Haul location.
What sets this brand apart?
As a family-oriented company that was started by a humble family looking to help other families move, U-Haul values its employees’ time and needs outside of work. The company offers a number of perks to help improve its employees’ work-life balance, such as free education on healthy lifestyles and time management, flexible hours, work from home opportunities and a U-Haul Kids program.
Additionally, this company has received much recognition for its efforts to improve environmental sustainability. A few of the rewards it’s received throughout the years include the 2016 Eterne Award from Tree Cananda, the 2014 Global Energy Award by Platts Global and recognition at the 2011 Valley Forward Environmental Excellence Awards Gala.
What do people say about this brand?
Reviews posted on U-Haul’s website are largely positive, praising the company’s customer service team, hassle-free pickup experiences and large inventory. But some reviews on third-party sites say customers often have to drive long distances to pick up their rental vehicle, and sometimes the reserved vehicle isn’t available on the set delivery day.
What is U-Haul’s history?
After WWII, U-Haul founders L.S. “Sam” Shoen and his wife, Anna Mary Carty Shoen, recognized a need for a DIY moving service when they were unable to find a trailer to rent to help them relocate from Los Angeles to Portland. In the summer of 1945, the Shoen family started their U-Haul business, using bright orange trailers.
By 1949, U-Haul had grown so much that it was then possible to rent a trailer to move from virtually any city in the United States. By 1955, families could move throughout most of Canada as well.
Today, U-Haul still maintains its characteristic orange look, albeit slightly toned-down, as well as its family-oriented values and continuously growing customer base.
How can I contact customer support?
To get in touch with U-Haul customer service:
- Call 800-468-4285, option 3
- Live chat online
- Email email@example.com
Call 800-528-0355 for roadside assistance.
What about social media?
Find U-Haul on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. For moving tips, how-to videos and rental vehicle features, check out the company’s Facebook page and YouTube channel. If you want your move to be featured on U-Haul’s Instagram page, post your photos using #uhaulfamous.
Why should I shop at U-Haul?
- Large inventory. Choose from a wide range of rental vehicles, trailers and towing equipment — available in cities across the US and in Canada.
- 30-day returns. Ordered more packing supplies than you needed? Return unused items within 30 days for a refund.
- One-stop-shop for moving needs. Rent your moving van, buy boxes, hire moving help and rent storage all in one place.
- Customer complaints. You might have to drive farther than expected to pick up your vehicle, based on online reviews.
If you’re planning a big move, sending a kid off to college or are opening a business location, U-Haul offers everything you need to make your next adventure convenient and hassle-free.
Frequently asked questions
Does U-Haul offer free boxes?
U-Haul doesn’t supply boxes for free, but it does offer a “take one, leave one” system at many locations. When you’re done using your boxes, you can leave them for other customers to take and use for free.[/fin_accordion]
How much does it cost to rent a dolly from U-Haul?
It typically costs around $40 to $60 per day to rent a dolly, depending on your location.
Who can rent a U-Haul?
There are a few requirements you must meet to rent a U-Haul. You must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have at least two forms of “meaningful assurance” such as your employer’s name and address or a relative’s name and address.
More guides on Finder
PatPat promo codes
Promo codes, deals and discounts on PatPat clothes for kids and moms, home goods and more.
What to pack in a hurricane preparedness kit
Stock up on essential supplies to help you through a hurricane evacuation or bunker down at home.
Optimize your order fulfillment processes by leveraging a shipping company.
Face masks: Everything you need to know
Face mask news and where to buy during COVID-19. Find in stock sellers, state requirements, how to make them, wear them and more.
This popular discount department store stocks just about everything you need for your home and family. See how to maximize your savings.
Financial assistance for people affected by the coronavirus
Where to find relief if the COVID-19 outbreak hurts your income.
Wayfair online shopping review
Who says having a stylish home has to be pricey? Find out if this online furniture superstore is worth a look.
Are clothing subscriptions boxes worth your money?
Five services delivering a monthly fashion fix straight to your door. Hit the refresh button on your closet without ever leaving your house.
How to transport Christmas trees the right way
Could taking your Christmas tree home turn dangerous? Find out how to make the trip home safer.
How to sell on Craigslist
How to safely and successfully make money selling stuff on Craigslist.
Ask an Expert