You may not be wowed by its perks. But it offers a competitive 0% APR for 15 billing cycles.
|Product Name||Truly Simple® Credit Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||13.74% to 24.74% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 15 billing cycles (then 13.74% to 24.74% variable)|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 15 billing cycles (then 13.74% to 24.74% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||4% or $5 (whichever is greater)|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.74% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5 or 4% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction amount|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
The Truly Simple® Credit Card is a good pick if you want no annual fee and a strong promo interest rate. It offers 0% APR for 15 billing cycles on purchases and balance transfers, making it competitive with some of the top balance transfer cards on the market.
The card doesn’t come with rewards, however. If that’s what you’re looking for, consider a product like the Discover it® Cash Back, which offers a great intro APR and up to 5% cash back.
Should you get the Truly Simple Credit Card?
- If you want a no-frills card with a strong intro APR, the Truly Simple® Credit Card may be a good choice.
- If you want rewards, look elsewhere. Notably, the Discover it® Cash Back offers an attractive combination of rewards and 0% APR.
- ANNUAL FEE:None
A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the Truly Simple® Credit Card long term.
- INTRO APR: 0% on purchases and balance transfers for 15 billing cycles.
This strong introductory APR makes the card a lot more valuable. 15 billing cycles is a long period for 0% interest, putting the Truly Simple® Credit Card in competition with some of the top balance transfer cards on the market. Like many cards with long 0% APR periods, the Truly Simple® Credit Card doesn’t offer rewards. If you want an intro APR and rewards, consider a product like the Discover it® Cash Back or Bank of America® Cash Rewards credit card.
You’ll also like …
- Cell phone protection.
When you pay your wireless bill with your card, you’ll qualify for Fifth Third Bank Cell Phone Protection. This covers costs of your damaged or stolen phone for up to $200. The first two additional phones on your wireless phone bill are also covered.The Cell Phone Protection plan comes with a $50 deductible per claim.
- No penalty APR, and no over-the-credit-limit fee.
- Price protection. Receive partial reimbursement if you find a lower price on an item you purchased with your card.
- Extended warranties. Covers items you purchase with your card.
- Mastercard Priceless Cities. Receive special offers like private event invitations and tickets to exclusive events.
- Mastercard Airport Concierge. Helps you get through immigration quicker, assists with baggage, provides transportation and more.
- Mastercard Global Services. Emergency card replacement, emergency cash advances and more.
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
- Potentially high APR.
The card’s APR spans from 13.74% to 24.74% variable . If you have a weaker credit history, you may be approved for an interest rate at the higher end of that range.
With APRs averaging around 16%, 24.74% is high.
How does credit card interest work?
What to know before you apply
To apply for the Truly Simple® Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old. You must also be a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
- A valid driver’s license or state ID.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for this card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
What’s a good credit score?
How to apply for the How to apply for the Discover it® Cash Back
1. Go to the Fifth Third Bank website and click Apply Now.
2. Select whether you’re an existing Fifth Third customer. Also, select whether you’re a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Fifth Third Bank sends a decision on approval within 30 days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments.Pay your card bill online at the Fifth Third Bank website.
- Avoid interest.After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees.Late payments come with fees of up to $38. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service.If you have questions, contact Fifth Third Bank support at 800-972-3030.
The Truly Simple® Credit Card‘s biggest benefits are its $0 annual fee and strong intro APR.
It doesn’t offer much else, but that may not be a big deal if you’re looking for a straightforward card.