TrueNorth insurance review
This broker has over 25 years’ experience serving the trucking industry.
- Apply if you need experienced advice and coverage for your transportation business.
- Pick something else if you don’t live within the service area.
- Businesses, owner-operator truckers and individual customers have options here.
New car protection
|States served||Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Texas|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
Depends on provider
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
Depends on provider
- Specializes in transportation
- Helps with risk management and compliance
- Awarded for its commercial insurance
- Only serves five states
- Few customer reviews
- Doesn’t list partner insurers
|Bundling discount||Depends on provider|
|Anti-theft device discount||Depends on provider|
|Paid in full discount||Depends on provider|
|Safety device discount||Depends on provider|
Sarah George is an insurance writer at Finder who’s penned over 400 articles, unraveling complicated topics about car, home and life insurance. Her insurance know-how has been featured in online publications, including Breeze, CBS, CNET and Reviews.com, as well as Finder’s YouTube channel. Sarah is working to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF).
TrueNorth specializes in lowering risk for businesses and providing commercial insurance, especially for transportation companies or owner-operator truckers. After getting a quote, find out how this company stacks up to other commercial insurers for the best protection.
What types of insurance does TrueNorth offer?
TrueNorth provides a variety of policies for both businesses and individuals, but the company’s specialty is business insurance. Business products it offers:
- Commercial auto
- Cyber liability
- Directors and officers liability
- Employee benefits
- Employment practices liability
- Errors and omissions
- General liability
- Inland marine
- Loss control and safety engineering
- Professional liability
- Workers compensation
You can also get personal policies and services, like:
- Financial planning
Which types of businesses does TrueNorth work with?
The company has 25 years of experience helping the transportation industry, which makes up over 40% of its business. But TrueNorth covers several types of businesses, including:
- Law firms
- Medical practices
- Owner-operator trucking
- Social services agencies
Which insurers does TrueNorth work with?
TrueNorth doesn’t provide information about their insurance partners. That leaves customers relying solely on agents to find the best coverage for them, a possible problem for customers who like a bit more control.
TrueNorth reviews and complaints
TrueNorth needs more customer ratings to make a solid decision on the experience you’ll receive. Of the reviews we found on social sites, customers gave mixed reviews for customer service.
Multiple customers praised TrueNorth on Google for its knowledgeable customer service and helpful policies, like its owner-operator insurance. However, others had trouble with slow service, unreturned phone calls and billing issues.
Google had a high overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars. Facebook saw a handful of five-star reviews for the overall company, but customers left no comments for context.
The company does have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), although no customer reviews. Social sites can give you a peek at TrueNorth’s service, but clear reviews with the BBB, Trustpilot or another reputable site would give more authority and reliability.
Pros and cons of TrueNorth
- Specializes in transportation. TrueNorth has worked with truckers and transport companies for over 20 years.
- Risk management and compliance. The company helps businesses prevent accidents and comply with laws.
- Commercial insurance awards. Several partners have awarded TrueNorth for growing its commercial insurance and retaining many customers.
- Limited locations. TrueNorth only serves five states — Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan and Texas.
- Few customer reviews. Only a small number of customers have reviewed the company on social sites.
- Doesn’t list partner insurers. Customers might want to know which insurers TrueNorth compares when finding the best coverage.
How do I contact TrueNorth?
Here’s four ways to get in touch with TrueNorth’s corporate headquarters or local offices:
- Phone. Call headquarters at 319-364-5193.
- Email. Enter your question and contact information in the form on its contact page.
- Mail. Send snail mail to headquarters at:
- 500 1st St SE
- Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Local office. Find your local office’s contact information from the locations page on TrueNorth’s website.