Triumph Business Capital review
Free up working capital with an advance on up to 100% of your unpaid invoices.
When the only thing holding back your business is unpaid invoices, factoring could be the working capital solution you’re looking for. In business for 25 years, Triumph Business Capital offers several factoring programs for a wide range of industries, from staffing companies to consultants.
First, do I qualify?
Eligibility requirements vary by program. Typically, your business must:
- Be in good financial standing.
- Have no federal tax liens.
What is Triumph Business Capital?
Triumph Business Capital is a factoring company that offers invoice factoring to small, midsize and large businesses. It works by buying a company’s unpaid invoices in exchange for a fee.
While Triumph Business Capital offers factoring by industry, it does so through two main options: full advance or reserve advance. Depending on your company, you may also pay interest based on the Wall Street Journal prime rate.
Full advance program
Select industries are eligible a full advance. Here, your business gets up to 100% of the value of its unpaid invoices for a fixed fee.
Flat rates vary depending on the value of your invoices:
|$100,000 and up||Up to 2.5%|
Reserve advance option
Other industries are eligible for a partial advance of 75% to 90% of the value of their invoices. If your business factors invoices worth $100,000 or more, you might be eligible for a 95% advance.
This program comes with incremental rather than fixed fees. Fees apply every 10 days your customers take to satisfy their invoices.
Fees depend on the total value of your business’s invoices:
|$100,000 and up||0.49%|
What makes Triumph Business Capital unique?
Triumph Business Capital is backed by more than two decades of invoice-factoring experience.
But it stands out with unique programs designed for a broad range of industries that include:
- Maintenance services
- Pallet companies
- Oilfield services
- Importers and exporters
- Machine shops
- Janitorial companies
- Government contractors
- Food services
- Food manufacturers, distributors and importers
- Apparel businesses
What are the benefits of using Triumph Business Capital?
- Fixed and tiered fees. Depending on your industry and business, you can find both fixed rates and flexible fees.
- Serves range of industries. Triumph Business Capital supports 22 industry-specific programs tailored to your business type.
- Up to 100% advance. If your industry is eligible for a fixed rate, you might get up to 100% of your invoices’ value up front.
- No maximum amount. Factor as much as you need to with Triumph Business Capital.
What to watch out for
- Expensive compared to alternatives. Depending on your creditworthiness, you might find a cheaper option through more traditional business financing.
- Not ideal for emergencies. It can take a couple of business days for a response after you’ve submitted your paperwork — which itself can take time to put together.
- Not much information online. You’ll likely need to reach out to Triumph Business Capital for details on how your industry’s program works.
Compare more business loans
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Triumph Business Capital reviews and complaints
|BBB customer reviews||3 out of 5 stars, based on 2 customer reviews|
|BBB customer complaints||5 customer complaints|
|Trustpilot Score||3.6 out of 5 stars, based on 203 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||13 October 2020|
A few customers had trouble setting up their account, however, and one person felt they weren’t properly informed of disclaimers before they signed up.
How do I apply?
Factoring is one of the more involved forms of business financing, and Triumph Business Capital takes a hands-on approach with its customers. Prepare to wait a few business days before you get your funds.
Before getting started, make sure your business is eligible for the program it’s applying for. Most programs require your business to be in good financial standing with no tax liens.
If your business does have a tax lien, you might be eligible for a loan if Triumph Business Capital can get a subordinate agreement from the IRS.
Steps to apply
- Go to the Triumph Business Capital website.
- Complete the form under Quick Funding Estimate with your contact information and basics about your business. Click Get Your Free Instant Quote.
- Select your average invoice size, and click Continue.
- Select the average number of days it takes for a client to fill an invoice. Click Continue.
- Select the amount you billed your clients last month, and click Continue.
- Select the range you expect your clients to bill you this month. Click Continue.
- Pick the portion of your monthly receivables you’re interested in factoring, and click Continue one last time.
- Either view your potential offer or follow the directions to get in touch with a representative to go over the details of your business and discuss your options.
- Set up a consultation with a specialist, and follow their directions to compete your application and submit paperwork.
- Wait for Triumph Business Capital to contact you with a response, typically one or two business days after you’ve submitted your paperwork. If you’re approved, you may see your advance on the same business day.
How to apply step-by-step with screenshots
What documents do I need to apply?
The documents you need vary widely by program. Typically, factoring companies want to see an accounts receivable and payable aging report, which lists your business’s unpaid invoices and when they’re due.
Some factoring companies also want to see business bank statements and tax returns to get an idea of your business’s financial state.
I factored my invoices with Triumph Business Capital. Now what?
There’s not much you need to do for this month. After you’ve received your advance, Triumph Business Capital contacts your clients with instructions on how to pay the invoice.
If your business signs up for the reserve advance program, the factor fee adds up until your clients satisfy their invoices. After all invoices are filled, your business gets the rest of its invoices’ value less the factor fee.
In the meantime, you can keep track of invoice payments by logging in to your online account. Reach out to customer service at 888-978-2103 with any questions about the process.
Triumph Business Capital offers a wide range of invoice factoring programs designed to fit your business type. But like other factoring companies, it’s not the cheapest financing option or ideal for emergency expenses.
To learn about your other business loan options and compare lenders, read our guide to business loans.
Frequently asked questions
Image Source: Shutterstock and interstatecapital.com