It’s celebrated by customers, but features and tech support are limited.Trello helps individuals and teams tackle projects and tasks through an interactive board. Choose from four service tiers, including a free service well-suited to individuals. But factor in that tech support is available weekdays only — and by email.
- Choose this software if you’re seeking simple task-management software.
- Consider something else if you prefer more robust technical support.
Underpinning Trello’s software offerings is its board system, where users can create lists, add task cards, set due dates and assign tasks to team members.
Most features offered on this simple, highly visual platform are designed to support the board system:
- Boards. Create a project board — a workflow hub where invited team members can design lists, add task cards and comment on project progress.
- Due dates. Set deadlines for task cards and assign them to appropriate team members.
- Workflow automation. Eliminate tedious tasks with rule-based triggers, custom card and board buttons, calendar commands and deadline comments.
- Team board templates. Take advantage of a comprehensive library of industry-specific board templates, including custom designs for those in engineering, marketing and product management.
- Board app integrations. Customize projects with a range of board-specific app-integrations — called Trello Power-Ups — across analytics and reporting, communications, social media, file management and more.
Trello pricing and fees
Trello offers a free service alongside three paid tiers: Gold, Business Class and Enterprise. Eligible educational institutions receive a 30% discount on Trello’s paid tiers, while registered nonprofits are eligible for discounts of up to 75%.
|Features||All features of Free tier, plus:||All features of Gold tier, plus:||All features of Business Class tier, plus:|
How do I sign up for Trello?
If you’re ready to create an account, head to Trello’s website:
- Click Sign Up on Trello’s homepage.
- Enter your email address. Click Continue.
- Enter your full name and create a password. Click Sign up.
- Give your first Trello board a name and add titles for cards in your Things To Do list.
- Confirm your email address by following the link Trello sends to your inbox.
How does Trello work?
Trello is online project-management software designed to help individuals and teams organize and complete tasks. It offers a free tier with limited board integrations and three paid service tiers.
Trello’s software uses interactive project boards for teammates to create to-do lists and task cards, set deadlines and assign tasks to fellow team members. A mobile app for both Android and iOS helps teams stay connected across a variety of devices with offline synchronization to cover periodic lapses in Internet connectivity.
Pros and cons
- Free service tier. Individuals and teams can access Trello’s core software for free.
- Highly reviewed. Trello garners impressively high feedback across Trustpilot, G2, Google Play and the Apple App Store.
- Lots of integrations. Between Trello’s board-specific add-ons and its browser extensions, it offers more than 200 app, plug-in and software integrations.
- Limited support. Trello tech support is limited to email inquiries on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
- Limited features. Trello’s free service tier limits board Power-Ups, and its core features aren’t as robust as competing task-management software providers.
Trello reviews and complaints
Trello feedback is overwhelmingly positive. As of October 2020, it earns an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and high marks across a number of review platforms:
|Trustpilot||G2||Google Play||Apple App Store|
4.6 out of 5
4.3 out of 5
4.4 out of 5
4.6 out of 5
Customers rave about Trello’s simple, user-friendly design and rely on the platform to organize both personal and business-related tasks. Common complaints include Trello’s lack of dark mode (though third-party extensions can solve the problem) and login errors when switching between devices.
How do I contact Trello support?
The only way to correspond with Trello customer support is by email:
- Email. Complete a secure online form for a reply from customer support.
Compare collaboration software
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
This popular software helps individuals and teams stay organized and on task with collaborative boards, lists and tasks. Customers say it’s quick to pick up, and it maintains an outstanding reputation across multiple review platforms. It’s biggest drawback? Limited tech support.
Explore your software options with other providers to find the best fit for your business.