Plan ahead before your next trip overseas and have your foreign currency needs taken care of before you arrive at your destination.
|Product Name||Travelex International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 500|
|Max. Transfer Amount||USD 3,000|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments, Market orders, Forward contracts|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Email, Branch|
|Available Currencies||AED, ANG, ARS, AUD, AWG, BBD, BGN, BHD, BMD, BND, BRL, BZD, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CZK, DKK, DOP, EUR, FJD, GBP, GTQ, HKD, HRK, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KRW, KWD, KYD, LKR, MAD, MXN, MYR, NIO, NOK, NZD, OMR, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, QAR, RUB, SAR, SBD, SCR, SEK, SGD, THB, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, USD, UYU, VND, VUV, WST, XCD, XPF, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||USD 9.99|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
- Home delivery available
- Wide range of currencies available
- Trusted brand
- May not have the most competitive exchange rates
How does it work?
Exchange your money online in 3 simple steps:
- Choose your currency. Select the amount and type of currency you need, then select whether you’d like to purchase cash or a pre-paid card. You’ll then be provided an exchange rate. Please note that if you choose to purchase the foreign currency in a Travelex store, you will incur a less favorable exchange rate.
- Choose the method of receiving your money. Pick up your money once you reach your destination, in your home city or have it delivered to your home. Choose from one of Travelex’s city stores or airport stores or get it delivered right to your front door. Purchases over $1,000 get free next day delivery. Delivery charges apply for exchanges under $1,000.
- Pay. Make your payment online with a debit or credit card. You cannot use cash to make an exchange. When paying, you’ll be required to provide your contact info, credit card info and personal info.
What are Travelex’s fees and rates?
Fee-free. Travelex does not charge a fee for their currency exchange service. Although, you will be charged a delivery fee if you choose to have the funds delivered to your home. However, Travelex waives that fee if you are purchasing $1,000 or more in foreign currency. Or you can pick up your money at one of their stores in order to avoid the delivery fee if you are purchasing less than $1,000.
Rates. Travelex offers competative exchange rates. In fact, they promise to give you the lowest online price for foreign currency in the U.S. With Travelex’s Online Price Promise, if you find a lower price they will match it.
What currencies can I order through Travelex?
Ordering cash through Travelex gives you access to over 60 international currencies, from common international currencies like euros and pesos to exotic currencies like Qatari rials and Bermudan dollars.
Find out which currencies you can order.
- Argentine peso
- Aruban florin
- Australian dollar
- Bahamian dollar
- Bahraini dinar
- Barbadian dollar
- Bermudan dollar
- Brazilian real
- Brunei dollar
- Bulgarian lev
- Canadian dollars
- Cayman Islands dollar
- Chilean peso
- Chinese renminbi
- Costa Rican colon
- Croatian kuna
- Czech koruna
- Danish kroner
- Dominican peso
- Egyptian pound
- European euro
- Fijian dollar
- Guatemalan quetzal
- Hong Kong dollar
- Hungarian forint
- Indonesian rupiah
- Israeli shekel
- Jamaican dollar
- Japanese yen
- Jordanian dinar
- Kenyan shilling
- Kuwaiti dinar
- Malaysian ringgit
- Mexican peso
- Moroccan dirham
- Netherlands Antilles Guilder
- New Zealand dollars
- Nicaraguan cordoba
- Norwegian kroner
- Omani rial
- Pakistani rupee
- Peruvian nuevo sol
- Philippine peso
- Polish zloty
- Qatari riyal
- Saudi riyal
- Singaporean dollar
- South African rand
- South Korean won
- Swedish krona
- Swiss franc
- Taiwanese dollar
- Thai baht
- Trinidad & Tobago dollar
- Tunisian dinar
- Turkish lira
- U.K. pound
- UAE dirham
- Uruguayan peso
- Vietnamese dong
Not a fan of carrying around cash? With a pre-paid Cash Passport you can load it with up to 6 different currencies. Enjoy the benefit of no international ATM fee, and rest assured that your funds are secure with a chip and PIN protected card.
How do I purchase a Cash Passport?
Travelex’s Cash Passport can be purchased online or at a Travelex store.
What currencies are compatible with a Cash Passport?
- British pound
- Australian dollar
- Japanese yen
- Canadian dollar
- Mexican peso
Sell your currency
Back home from your overseas trip with leftover foreign currency? Travelex offers two options for converting your foreign currency back into U.S. dollars.
- Print up a downloadable form and fill it out. Mail it in with your foreign currency, and Travelex will mail back a check based on the curent exchange rates.
- Stop by one of Travelex’s stores to exchange your currency. They reccomend calling ahead to make sure that particular store buys the currency you have.
See how other services compare to Travelex
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options. With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
Frequently asked questions about international money transfers with Travelex
Can I get online exchange rates in the store?
How can I pay for my currency exchange?
Travelex accepts American Express, MasterCard and Visa. Please note that if you use your credit card you should be aware that your card issuer may apply separate charges (such as cash advance fees) to your order. Please contact your card issuer directly to ask about cash advance fees before placing your order.
Can I cancel my order after it's been placed?
What is the minimum amount of currency I can order?
The minimum amount to order online is $50. If you need less than $50, you’ll have to go into a Travelex store to make your purchase.