What home insurance coverage does Travelers offer?
Travelers has many home benefits and personal belongings coverages to help you feel well protected: Notable benefits include:
- Liability. Shelter your wallet from claims or court cases that involve someone getting injured on your property.
- Dwelling. Bolster protection with coverage for accidental damage at your home’s value.
- Other structures. Cover damages to your detached structures like garages, sheds and fences.
- Additional replacement cost protection. Add another level of coverage to pay for repairs or rebuilding your home if costs go above your homeowners policy limits.
- Personal property. Repair or replace your damaged personal belongings after a covered accident, including items like furniture, clothes and electronics.
- Water backup and sump pump discharge or overflow. Pay for damage caused by sewage problems.
- Loss of use. Pay for additional living expenses if your home damage forces you out of your house and into a hotel room.
- Green homes. Go green if your house needs a covered repair by adding this optional coverage.
- Special personal property. Get protection for your belongings for more situations than are covered by your homeowners policy.
- Contents replacement cost. Recoup your belongings’ cost after total loss damage without factoring in depreciation.
- Jewelry and valuable items. Keep your most prized possessions safe with higher policy maximums than your standard personal belongings.
- Personal articles floater. Cover your expensive items with higher limits than your valuable items coverage.
- Identity fraud. Get up to $25,000 for expenses to restore your name if someone uses it falsely.
What discounts can I get with Travelers?
Travelers rewards you for making the company your go-to, installing safety devices or keeping your house environmentally friendly. Here are discounts to look out for:
- Homebuyer. Make Travelers your first choice after buying your home — or within 12 months of purchase — to get this discount.
- Safety devices. Get burglar alarms, fire sprinklers and smoke detectors and you’ll also score savings.
- Smart home security. Install a smart home security system for even more savings.
- Green homes. Get up to 5% off if your green home is certified by the Leadership Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) organization.
- Multipolicy. Knock down your premium by 15% for bundling home and car insurance.
- Claim free. If you don’t file a loss for a specified amount of time, you could qualify for a reward.
Pros and cons of MIFB car insurance
- Options and more options. The company offers a wide variety of coverage and add-ons to give you wide protection.
- Financially strong. Travelers has stability to gain your financial trust with a Superior AM Best rating.
- Green-home friendly. Discounts and coverage options help you protect and rebuild your home with eco-friendly materials.
- Broad contents coverage. The company provides general protection for contents as well as replacement costs, not just home insurance.
- Local agents. You can choose personal service through a Travelers agent located near you — a benefit that’s not available with every insurer.
- Average customer service. Customers rate the company average or above average for customer service. But JD Power marks Travelers below average by most rating factors.
- Discounts and coverage restrictions. Discounts and coverages differ between states, so you’ll have to confirm options available in your area.
How to apply for Travelers home insurance
Plant roots with a Travelers home policy through the method that’s most convenient for you, including online, by phone or through a local agent.
To apply online:
- Enter your ZIP code and select Homeowners at the top of Travelers’ website. Click Start Quote.
- Choose whether you’re a current Travelers customer. Click Continue Quote.
- Enter basic personal information. Click Yes, start my quote!
- Let Travelers know how to contact you through email or phone. Click Continue.
- Complete questions about your home and personal information.
- Receive your quote and follow the instruction prompts to start coverage.
To apply with a Travelers representative, call 800-979-5698 or contact an agent near you through the Find an agent tool on the Travelers homepage.
What info do I need to apply for home insurance with Travelers?
Gather these details to complete your home policy application:
- Email or phone number
- Date of purchase
- Year your home was built
- Recent renovations
- Square footage
- Foundation type
- Pets and pet claims
- Other claims history
- Information about other residents
How do I make a claim with Travelers?
You have several options to file your claim. Choose from the following:
- Online. Report details through your customer account online.
- By phone. Talk with an agent about severe home damage by calling 800-252-4633.
- Local agent. Reach your local agent at their office or by phone.
- Mobile app. Access your online account through your Travelers app.
Alternatives to Travelers
Travelers brings many coverage choices for your home and valuables. However, you might have to settle for average customer service. Before making any coverage decisions, compare your home insurance options to find the best fit.
Frequently asked questions about Travelers home insurance