What home insurance coverage does Travelers offer?
Travelers has many home benefits and personal belongings coverages to help you feel well protected: Notable benefits include:
- Liability. Shelter your wallet from claims or court cases that involve someone getting injured on your property.
- Dwelling. Bolster protection with coverage for accidental damage at your home’s value.
- Other structures. Cover damages to your detached structures like garages, sheds and fences.
- Additional replacement cost protection. Add another level of coverage to pay for repairs or rebuilding your home if costs go above your homeowners policy limits.
- Personal property. Repair or replace your damaged personal belongings after a covered accident, including items like furniture, clothes and electronics.
- Water backup and sump pump discharge or overflow. Pay for damage caused by sewage problems.
- Loss of use. Pay for additional living expenses if your home damage forces you out of your house and into a hotel room.
- Green homes. Go green if your house needs a covered repair by adding this optional coverage.
- Special personal property. Get protection for your belongings for more situations than are covered by your homeowners policy.
- Contents replacement cost. Recoup your belongings’ cost after total loss damage without factoring in depreciation.
- Jewelry and valuable items. Keep your most prized possessions safe with higher policy maximums than your standard personal belongings.
- Personal articles floater. Cover your expensive items with higher limits than your valuable items coverage.
- Identity fraud. Get up to $25,000 for expenses to restore your name if someone uses it falsely.
What discounts can I get with Travelers?
Travelers rewards you for making the company your go-to, installing safety devices or keeping your house environmentally friendly. Here are discounts to look out for:
- Homebuyer. Make Travelers your first choice after buying your home — or within 12 months of purchase — to get this discount.
- Safety devices. Get burglar alarms, fire sprinklers and smoke detectors and you’ll also score savings.
- Smart home security. Install a smart home security system for even more savings.
- Green homes. Get up to 5% off if your green home is certified by the Leadership Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) organization.
- Multipolicy. Knock down your premium by 15% for bundling home and car insurance.
- Claim free. If you don’t file a loss for a specified amount of time, you could qualify for a reward.
Pros and cons of MIFB car insurance
- Options and more options. The company offers a wide variety of coverage and add-ons to give you wide protection.
- Financially strong. Travelers has stability to gain your financial trust with a Superior AM Best rating.
- Green-home friendly. Discounts and coverage options help you protect and rebuild your home with eco-friendly materials.
- Broad contents coverage. The company provides general protection for contents as well as replacement costs, not just home insurance.
- Local agents. You can choose personal service through a Travelers agent located near you — a benefit that’s not available with every insurer.
- Average customer service. Customers rate the company average or above average for customer service. But JD Power marks Travelers below average by most rating factors.
- Discounts and coverage restrictions. Discounts and coverages differ between states, so you’ll have to confirm options available in your area.
How to apply for Travelers home insurance
Plant roots with a Travelers home policy through the method that’s most convenient for you, including online, by phone or through a local agent.
To apply online:
- Enter your ZIP code and select Homeowners at the top of Travelers’ website. Click Start Quote.
- Choose whether you’re a current Travelers customer. Click Continue Quote.
- Enter basic personal information. Click Yes, start my quote!
- Let Travelers know how to contact you through email or phone. Click Continue.
- Complete questions about your home and personal information.
- Receive your quote and follow the instruction prompts to start coverage.
To apply with a Travelers representative, call 800-979-5698 or contact an agent near you through the Find an agent tool on the Travelers homepage.
What info do I need to apply for home insurance with Travelers?
Gather these details to complete your home policy application:
- Email or phone number
- Date of purchase
- Year your home was built
- Recent renovations
- Square footage
- Foundation type
- Pets and pet claims
- Other claims history
- Information about other residents
How do I make a claim with Travelers?
You have several options to file your claim. Choose from the following:
- Online. Report details through your customer account online.
- By phone. Talk with an agent about severe home damage by calling 800-252-4633.
- Local agent. Reach your local agent at their office or by phone.
- Mobile app. Access your online account through your Travelers app.
Alternatives to Travelers
Frequently asked questions about Travelers home insurance