Use a promo code to save on worldwide transfers with this peer-to-peer specialist.
TransferWise is a peer-to-peer money transfer specialist offering competitive exchange rates and low fees on global transfers that take only minutes to initiate. Using its Member Matching, the highly rated TransferWise sends funds cheaply to friends, family and businesses with accurate delivery estimates and flexible options that include forward contracts and rate limits.
Unlike other providers, TransferWise offers the mid-market rate to customers when sending money overseas, with rates updated multiple times a day.
TransferWise discount codes and coupons
How do I use my TransferWise discount code?
Use your promo code for a discount on TransferWise international money transfer fees.
- Create an account. Once created, proceed to the transfer payment and details page.
- Enter your code. Click the plus symbol next to “Enter promo code” and enter the promo code from finder.com.
- Receive your discount. Click Apply to activate the code and receive your discount.
TransferWise pros and cons
- Easy to use. TransferWise allowed us to sign up and initiate a transfer in under 2.5 minutes. You also have the option of initiating a transfer by phone.
- Competitive rates and fees. Compare the costs for a TransferWise international money transfer with the expenses charged by banks and other money transfer companies.
- High daily limits. With no minimum transfers, you can send up to $49,999 a day and $199,999 a year. Businesses can transfer up to $199,999 daily and $1 million a year.
- Bank transfers only. Funds are sent to your recipient’s bank account, with no option for cash pickups.
- Two-step process. You must first wire your money to TransferWise, which then deposits the money to your recipient’s bank account.
How do TransferWise money transfers work?
TransferWise prides itself on offering an easy and convenient transfer service.
- Choose your currencies. Begin the transfer process by selecting from a drop-down the currencies from and to which you’re sending money.
- Submit your recipient’s information. Enter their personal and financial details, including their bank’s IBAN number.
- Enter your payment info. Confirm the details of your transfer and your payment method.
If you’re transferring money from a bank account, you’ll need to contact your bank to initiate the transfer.
What forms of payment does TransferWise accept?
If you live in the US, you can use any of these payment methods with TransferWise:
- Debit or credit card. Card payments reach TransferWise immediately.
- Bank transfer. You’ll need to allow for at least three business days for your bank funds to reach TransferWise, depending on the currency.
- Facebook Messenger. Send money to Canada, Australia, the UK and Europe using an integration with this popular chat service.
- ACH bank debit. Plan for it to take up to four business days for your funds to reach TransferWise.
- Bank wire transfer. Allow up to one working day for your wire transfer to reach TransferWise.
Your funds are deposited directly into your recipient’s bank account once TransferWise receives your payment.
What is TransferWise’s refund policy?
If you cancel your transfer after you’ve paid TransferWise but before your funds are delivered to your recipient, TransferWise will refund your full amount. Simply reach out to TransferWise as soon as possible to initiate your cancellation and refund.