Total Wireless is a pay-as-you-go wireless provider offering prepaid service without the long-term contracts that are all but standard in the industry. Signup comes with no credit checks, no activation fees, no monthly bills — it’s all prepaid — and no age limits on service. And you can do it online or through your local Walmart store.
Total Wireless offers good value and solid coverage. Bring your own device or choose from plans that include phones — and all plans come with unlimited talk and text.
Total Wireless maintains a few notable, global relationships with major manufacturers, such as Motorola and LG, enabling them to offer high-quality devices and features that most new customers are looking for at decent prices. Phones purchased for use with Total Wireless plans range from $9.99 to $399.99.
Total Wireless offers both single-line plans and shared family plans.
- $25 a month for unlimited talk and text
- $35 a month for unlimited talk and text plus 5GB data
- $50 a month for unlimited talk and text plus 25GB data
Shared Family Plans
- $60 a month for unlimited talk and text plus 15GB data shared on up to 2 devices or lines
- $85 a month for unlimited talk and text plus 20GB data shared on up to 3 devices or lines
- $100 a month for unlimited talk and text plus 25GB data shared on up to 4 devices or lines
Customize your Total Wireless to your specific needs with add-ons, accessories and other features.
- Add-on cards available. Add-On Carryover Data Cards and $10 Global Calling cards can extend your data or combine international calling.
- Autopay discount. Get 5% off your monthly charges by enrolling in automatic refills.
- Mobile Hotspots. Get Internet on the go in specific ZIP codes.
- Total Wireless uses Verizon’s network. Enjoy the coverage that comes with being on one of the major four networks.
- Bring your own device. Select from high-quality devices for purchase, or check the compatibility of your current one for further savings.
Pay-as-you-go providers effectively resell the talk, text and data of big carriers — which comes with a few key differences.
- Limited speeds. Total Wireless is an MVNO that uses Verizon’s network, so don’t be surprised by typical speeds of 5 Mbps for downloads and 2 Mbps for uploads.
- No international texting. Total Wireless does not support this service.
Buy a service plan with Total Wireless online
What is an MVNO?
Short for mobile virtual network operator, an MVNO is a smaller companies without its own wireless network. Instead, it buys talk, text and data wholesale from big-name carriers to resell under its brand to customers. MVNOs are effectively one of the “big four” carriers — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile or Verizon — running under a different name.
Nearly all prepaid plans and providers are offered through an MVNO.
or at a participating Walmart location
. You can check the compatibility of your current phone and add on features as part of signup.
Total Wireless may be your cheapest option for data on Verizon’s network — among the most trusted networks for solid coverage. Plans come with transparent costs and no contracts with the option of adding a few “extras” typical of major carriers.
How do I set my Total Wireless phone to roam?
Total Wireless phones don’t roam. You’ll get nationwide coverage at the same price of a local call.
How often do I need to refill a Total Wireless plan?
You must refill your service plan every 30 days to keep your phone active. You can enroll your account for automatic refills that come with a 5% discount on your plan costs.
Where can I use my Total Wireless phone?
Total Wireless offers coverage across the US on Verizon’s trusted network. Use Total’s online Service Area Map to see if your area is covered.