TJX Rewards® Credit Card review
Discounts, cash savings and exclusive deals at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post.
- Get this card if… you’re loyal to the great deals found at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods or Sierra Trading Post.
- Pick something else if…you don’t shop at this chain of discount department stores.
Up to 5x
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Megan Horner is the credit cards publisher at Finder. She's passionate about helping you find the best credit cards to meet your financial needs — whether that's earning great rewards or improving your credit score. Megan's expertise has been spotlighted on Lifehacker, CreditCards.com, American Banker and featured on news broadcasts across the country.
If you’re a fan of this chain of discount retailers, earn rewards for your spending to redeem on the goods you already love with one card: TJX Rewards® Credit Card. This store card gives you 10% off your first purchase, $10 for every $200 you spend and the ability to unlock sweepstakes and giveaways, invitations to exclusive events and new-merch notifications when you register your card online.
How to apply for the card
- Locate the TJX Rewards® Credit Card online and click Apply Today.
- Complete the application with your personal and contact information. Specify how you’d like to receive payments and verify your identifying details.
- Choose whether you’d like to register with the optional Card Security, which protects you against unemployment and other financial difficulties for an additional charge based on your balance.
- Carefully read the terms and conditions and confirm that you understand them. Click Accept & Submit.
- Confirm your information and submit your application for approval.
How long will it take to be approved?
Synchrony Bank will review your application and let you know whether you’re approved within a few business days. If you have strong credit, you may be upgraded to a TJX Rewards Platinum Mastercard, which comes with stronger benefits, including rewards points wherever Mastercard is accepted.
- 10% discount on first card purchase. Get a 10% coupon with your new card to use at any T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods or Sierra Trading Post.
- 5x points. Get a $10 rewards certificate for every 1,000 points earned at any of the four discount stores, with no limits on how much you can earn.
- Access Program. Cardholders save even more by registering online to unlock loyalty benefits that include exclusive discounts, private party invitations and alerts when new shipments arrive off the truck.
- 0% fraud liability. You aren’t responsible for unauthorized charges made with your card.
What to watch out for
- High 28.99% variable APR. The TJX Rewards® Credit Card comes with one high rate, which means you’ll want to avoid carrying a balance month to month.
- Fees for late payments. You face fees of up to $35 for late payments, which you can avoid with autopay.
Save more at T.J. Maxx
The biggest markdowns at T.J. Maxx historically hit in January and July, when seasonal merchandise gets swapped out. Since this brand doesn’t usually offer much for Black Friday, you might want to hold out until the January sale to spring for a new wardrobe.
No matter what time of year you shop, you can always browse clearance items on the T.J. Maxx website and scoop up a coupon for extra savings.
Compare store credit cards
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Manage your spending and payments — and unlock special deals and rewards — by registering your card online.
- Avoid unnecessary interest. At the close of each billing cycle, Synchrony Bank extends a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance without accruing interest.
- Avoid late fees. To avoid late payment fees of up to $35, consider setting up autopay from your checking account.
- Customer service. If you have questions, existing cardholders can call 1-877-890-3150 for support.
Discount fashionistas everywhere boast the deals they find at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post. If you’re already a fan, this simple store card can save you a percentage off your spending with an “in” on exclusive discounts and more.