The Zebra car insurance review
- Roadside assistance
- New car protection
- Depends on provider
- Accident forgiveness
Get a quote if… you want to compare multiple companies in one go.
Pick something else if… you find a lower rate directly with an insurer.
Compares 100+ insurance companies
User-friendly quote tool shows real prices
Offers bundled quotes for car, home and renters policies
May have to finish quote on insurer’s website
Can’t customize coverage until you call or buy online
|States served||All 50 states|
|New car protection||Depends on provider|
|Pay schedule||Monthly, Pay in full|
|Claims methods||Depends on provider|
Depends on provider
Depends on provider
|Anti-theft device discount|
|Defensive driving discount||Depends on provider|
|Good student discount||Depends on provider|
|Loyalty discount||Depends on provider|
|Military discount||Depends on provider|
|Safety device discount||Depends on provider|
|Special employment discount||Depends on provider|
|Usage-based discount||Depends on provider|
|Other discounts||Autopay, Currently insured, Good credit, Homeowner, Pay in full, Paperless delivery, Safe driver.|
Get the cheapest quotes on your auto insurance
Enter your ZIP code to see insurers near you.
Your information is secure.
What car insurance coverage does The Zebra offer?
You’ll see standard types of coverage on your quote in The Zebra’s tool. However, you can add or take away coverage when you finalize your policy with an insurance company.
- Bodily injury liability — Pay for injuries or pain and suffering that you cause to someone else in an accident.
- Comprehensive — Protect your car from natural accidents. Coverage includes damage from storms, hitting an animal, theft or vandalism.
- Collision — Pay for your own car’s repairs or for another car if you cause an accident.
- Personal injury protection — Cover accident-related medical bills for you and your passengers. It also may reimburse lost income, childcare or home services if you can’t work or take on your normal responsibilities.
- Property damage liability — Pay for damage that you cause to someone else’s car or property like car seats, cargo or fencing.
- Rental car reimbursement — Repay the cost of a rental car while your car is in the mechanic’s shop.
- Roadside assistance — Call for a tow or flats, battery jumps, fuel delivery and more.
What discounts can I get with The Zebra?
The Zebra gives you an idea of discounts you could qualify for. Your exact discounts vary by the insurance company.
- Autopay — Save on your car insurance when you automate payments from your bank account or credit card.
- College degree — You could save if you earned a degree in higher education.
- Currently employed — Insurers may consider you less of a risk for not paying your bills if you currently work.
- Currently insured — Prove that you have a history of keeping insurance on your car to save on premiums.
- Good credit — A solid credit score shows that you take paying bills seriously, although some states like California forbid companies from using it.
- Homeowner — Some insurance companies lower your insurance cost or offer a discount if you own your home.
- Military — You may see savings as a thank you for your active or past service in the military.
- Paperless delivery — Get a discount for setting up email notifications from your insurance company.
- Pay in full — You’ll usually shave a few dollars off your total by paying your bill all at once rather than monthly.
- Safe driver — Most companies give deep discounts for keeping a clean driving record.
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked