The Swiss Colony Credit review
A credit account with a purchase APR as low as 5.75% fixed.
- Get this card if you’re a frequent shopper at The Swiss Colony.
- Pick something else if you don’t shop at the retailer often.
- Apply if you have a good to excellent credit score of 300 and above, but you may be approved with a lower score.
5.75% to 25.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Kevin Joey Chen was a credit cards, banking and investments writer for Finder. His work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com.
This line of credit is valid at The Swiss Colony, a mail-order company that sells food gifts, cakes, desserts, candy, chocolate and more. It has a $0 annual fee and a 5.75% to 25.99% fixed purchase APR.
Access this credit line at checkout, and get application approval usually within 24 hours. If approved, you can pay for your items in monthly installments, with a $10 minimum each month.
While the account is simple and straightforward, it doesn’t earn rewards. This puts it in the same category as similar online store credit lines: it’s a decent tool if you want to pay something off over time with that store or if you have no other credit card options, but it’s no replacement for a credit card. Given the choice, we recommend using a flat-rate cashback card like the PayPal Cashback Mastercard®, which can also be useful outside of The Swiss Colony.
- No annual fee. You don’t have to pay anything to access this line of credit.
- Purchase APR as low as 5.75% fixed.
This is a very low purchase APR; the average is around 17%. You may receive this interest rate if you have excellent credit; otherwise, you could receive an APR as high as 25.99% fixed.
- Payments as low as $10 a month. Your minimum monthly payment depends on your highest new balance, which is your highest principal balance since you last paid your account in full.
If your highest new balance is $75 or lower, your minimum monthly payment will be $10. Your minimum monthly payment goes up when your highest new balance increases.
If your highest new balance is over $3,150, your minimum monthly payment will be 3.34% of it.
- Get a credit limit increase with consistent payments. The Swiss Colony will periodically review your account’s payment history. If you’ve been responsible with your payments, the bank may give you more credit to make further purchases.
- Streamlined approval. This credit account may have more lenient approval requirements than you’ll find with major credit cards. The Swiss Colony says it usually approves credit applications within 24 hours.
- 25-day grace period.
After the close of each billing cycle, you’ll have at least 25 days to pay off your balance before accruing interest. This is an attractive grace period, and it’ll give you more leeway to pay off your purchases.
What to watch out for
- Purchase APR as high as 25.99% fixed. While you may receive a low APR with strong credit, you may receive a high APR if you have shakier credit.
- Your minimum monthly payment won’t decrease until you pay your account in full. Be careful when making large purchases, as they can bring your minimum monthly payment higher than you expect. Still, it’s a good idea to pay your balance in full each month anyway.
- No rewards. Some store credit lines will offer rewards as you spend.
Compare store credit cards
If you’re looking for a more traditional store credit card, compare your options side-by-side using our filtered table.
This credit account is most useful if you’re a frequent customer at The Swiss Colony and want to pay for items over time. If you’re not — or if you want cash back, points or miles — you might like a rewards credit card instead.