The Evil Within 2 gets a creepy new trailer ahead of its launch this week
Halloween is coming early this year.
In advance of its release on the spooky date of Friday the 13th, The Evil Within 2 has dropped a new trailer showcasing the horrors protagonist Sebastian Castellanos will face in his upcoming adventure.
From melting faces to talking decapitated heads, the trailer packs plenty of disturbing sights well-suited to the most unsettling month of the year. Poor Sebastian is in for a real rough time as he tries to rescue his daughter Lily from the monstrous forces that have taken her from him.
We recently went hands-on with The Evil Within 2 and were suitably spooked by the experience. Series creator Shinji Mikami looks to have significantly cranked up the grotesque and psychological horror elements of the first game for the sequel, and we’re excited to see how that plays out in the final release.
The Evil Within 2 unleashes its scares on PS4, Xbox One and PC this Friday, Oct. 13.
If you’re looking for even more horror-themed gaming, the Overwatch Halloween Terror event has just kicked off with a new batch of spooky skins to unlock.
- Gran Turismo Sport: Review in progress
- EA shutters Visceral studio, plans to completely redesign Amy Hennig’s story-focused Star Wars game
- Generation III Pokémon are coming to Pokémon GO
- Need for Speed Payback goes full Fast and Furious in new story trailer
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will soon be free to play through EA and Origin Access