We asked women from all walks of life – from women in their 50s to teenagers. Here are their top-rated mascaras.
Nobody has the time or money to test mascara after mascara. So how do we really know what works and what doesn’t?
By asking, of course.
Here at finder, we decided to compare and compile reviews. We asked a bunch of real women who use mascara every day what is the best mascara they’ve ever used. We spoke to women from all walks of life, from women in their 50s to teenagers, from university students to lawyers.
What did we find? Well, there was one clear favorite and lots of other great products that we never even thought to try!
Our top mascara picks
- Best supermarket mascara ever. Affordable and definitely comparable to more expensive brands I’ve tried.Natalie
- I’m a sucker for a bargain, and luckily for me Maybelline is a reliable one. Great for everyday use and not as thick or clumpy as some of the more expensive brands.Liz
- The Falsies is really good for a defining the individual lashes. It’s a good price too.Clare
- No clumps – just long, thick lashes.Rae
- It makes my lashes huge without being clumpy. Also, they say that you’re meant to replace your mascara every 3 or so months due to bacteria. I love that this product is relatively inexpensive and that I can buy it whilst doing my usual weekly grocery shop.Alana
- Using the lower lash brush because I make a mess with the normal sized one.Jackie
- I really liked it because it’s a mascara you can layer without it becoming clumpy. Even if I do five coats, my lashes never turned into stuck-together blobs as they do with other mascaras.
- Tarte makes a great mascara. Depending on how thick your lashes are you can get away with one coat which is quite economical. Great for darker lashes.Alex M
- It’s thickening yet it doesn’t clump or smudge.Emily M
- Lancôme Hypnose, because it stays put!Marie
- Lancôme Hypnose Star. It’s the best mascara for a night out or if you want a bit of the wow factor for the day. People will actually compliment you and notice the hints of glitter in your eyelashes. Guess the price doesn’t warrant wearing it everyday though!Shirley
- Lancôme Hypnose Doll. As a short lashed Asian female, I am partial to Lancôme hypnose baby doll. I’m prone to smudging because of my lack of eyelids and tiny eyes. But it gives you epic length, especially if you layer it.Sally
- An amazing mascara – builds great volume without clumping! It can be layered and doesn’t stick together, so you can go from day to night lashes easily. Good value for money as well and available and most supermarkets and chemists.Gemma
- I love Benefit’s Bad Gal mascara because it makes my lashes look longer, and my eyes look bigger.Rachel
- Never using anything else! No running – it lasts all day and night and gives good volume.Katrine
- This mascara gives you length and volume at the same time, and it never looks clumpy or like you’re wearing too much.Amanda
- I like it because the brush spreads out my lashes, thus avoiding clumping, and it also adds volume and length which is great because I don’t need to use two! It also doesn’t crumble off so it stays on forever!Jessica P
- It lasts forever and doesn’t clump.Bianca M
- Perfect balance of length and volume, beautiful non-clogging formula.Steph A
- It has a long name so you KNOW it’s fancy. Also because it’s perfect for everyday wear (not too heavy) but can also be layered for some intense eyelash magic.Jessica C
- For a ‘I’m not wearing mascara, I’m naturally pretty’ look.Amy
- This mascara basically doubles my eyelashes and makes them look much fuller. It’s a great second application mascara if you’re someone who likes to layer.Aliyyah
- It gives long lasting curl. It’s so dramatic and it gives amazing length.Emily G
- I like it because it’s the only good brand that makes my lashes look amazing that I’m not allergic to. It’s hypoallergenic but not an unknown hippy brand.Cassilda
- Because it’s not stuck in the eyes of animals nor uses ingredients from exploited animals, and it looks amazing.Jennifer
- It’s super dark and creates unbelievable length that gets noticed every time.Lauren
Current deals and specials
Popular Hair & Makeup coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|4 Jan 2019||15% off sitewide sale||FIN****|
|7 Nov 2018||Free full size lipstick with orders $20 and over||WIN****|
|2 Apr 2018||Free shipping on your first order||****|
|30 Mar 2018||Receive a $40 promo card with your $200 purchase||FOR****|
|26 Oct 2018||Free shipping on orders over $30||********|