Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
The best financial podcasts for Americans
5 personal finance podcasts you should be listening to.
To help you make more sense of the ever-changing world of wealth and investments, we’ve selected five of the best finance podcasts. All of our choices must meet the following criteria:
- Updated regularly (as of 2018).
- Are entertaining, informative and useful for ordinary listeners.
- Deal with topics such as property investment, personal finances, share trading and new financial technologies.
Read more about our picks below — in no particular order — and follow the links to each podcast’s website and iTunes page.
By day, Chris Browning is an analyst. By night, he’s the host of this bite-size podcast that delves into topics like investing for beginners, recovering from financial mistakes and travel hacking.
If you’re not convinced to press play yet, it was voted Best New Personal Finance Podcast at FinCon 2018.
You Need a Budget
This long-running weekly personal finance podcast is hosted by Jesse Macham, the creator of a very useful budgeting app that goes by the same name. Advice is offered up in easy-to-digest tidbits, helping you do things like get out of debt and start saving for a secure financial future.
It’s definitely worth a listen for solid advice that’s easy to understand.
The Money Millhouse
Every week, hosts Ellie Kay and Bethany Bayless sit around a kitchen table, drink coffee and chat money with a special guest. You’re invited to sit in on relatable, meaningful and often irreverent conversations on topics ranging anywhere from starting a budget to handling finances within your relationship.
If you’re thinking about dipping a toe into financial podcasts for the first time, this is a good place to start.
Listen Money Matters
The tagline for this no-nonsense pod — “This is not your father’s boring money show” — paints an accurate picture of the host’s approach to personal finance. Make your commute more bearable with entertaining insights on saving for a house, the cryptocurrency market and everything in between.
You don’t have to eat, sleep and breathe money to want to binge this one.
We Study Billionaires: The Investors Podcast
Join hosts Preston Pysh and Stig Brodersen as they take a closer look at the lives of billionaires and how they got to where they are today. From Sir Richard Branson to investment guru Warren Buffett, this podcast examines the most important habits of successful investors and offers tips on how you can apply those same habits to your own life.
It’s interesting listening and could change the way you think about managing your finances.
Some more good finance podcasts
We’ve mentioned our top picks for American listeners above, but there are some more popular finance podcasts that are also worth mentioning:
- NPR: Planet Money. Full of useful information and advice, the podcast deals with current international events and the financial impact they can have on consumers. Listen on iTunes.
- Talking Wealth. Hosted by the team at financial services company Wealth Within, Talking Wealth deals with all aspects of investing in the share market. Designed to suit both novice and experienced traders, the podcast combines informative educational guides with news, tips and trading strategies. The aim: helping you boost your share market profits. Listen on iTunes.
- Freakonomics Radio. The ever-popular Freakonomics Radio podcast is all about the lighter and weirder side of economics and how it affects everyday life. Listen on iTunes.
Ask an Expert