Tennessee Farm Bureau car insurance review
Access member savings with coverage from the nation’s largest farm bureau.
finder.com's rating: 4.5 / 5
- Get a quote if you’re a Tennessee resident and don’t have plans to move anytime soon.
- Pick something else if you’re hoping for fast approval on a policy that moves where you do.
- Join the Tennessee Farm Bureau for $30 a year to get access to personal automobile coverage.
New car protection
|Pay schedule||12 months|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
|New car protection||No|
- 24/7 claims support
- Stay local.
- Member savings.
- Bundle your policies.
- No mobile app.
- No online signup.
- Limited to TN.
|Anti-theft device discount||No|
|Defensive driving discount||No|
|Good student discount||No|
|Safety device discount||No|
|Special employment discount||No|
Amy Stoltenberg writes about lifestyle and money for Finder, researching the best options for shopping, banking, insurance and authentic travel experiences. After studying writing and fashion at Savannah College of Art and Design, she worked designing apparel at a corporate behemoth before opting for a career with unlimited travel time. When her laptop’s closed, she can be found wandering the streets looking for happy hour and hole-in-the-wall eateries.
If you live in Tennessee and like the idea of insurance from a local agent, you might find Tennessee Farm Bureau’s regional focus appealing. Expect excellent customer support and a surprising choice of coverage and discounts to build your policy.
But if you’re hoping to handle your insurance through an app or need a larger coverage area, compare other car insurers for a better fit. This local specialist is known for its agent support, not its online experience.
What insurance coverage does Tennessee Farm Bureau cover?
Tennessee Farm Bureau offers auto protection in the following areas:
- Bodily injury liability. Covers claims and defense costs if you cause an accident that injures someone else.
- Property damage liability. Covers claims and defense costs if you’re responsible for an accident that damages someone else’s property.
- Collision. Pays for damages to your automobile when you get into an accident.
- Comprehensive. Pays for damages to your automobile caused by something other than a collision such as fire, theft, vandalism or getting hit by an animal.
- Medical payments. Pays for medical bills if you or your passengers are hurt in a collision.
- Uninsured bodily injury. Covers damages if you or one of your passengers are injured in a collision with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Uninsured property damage. Helps pay for damages to your personal property and automobile if you’re hit by an uninsured or underinsured motor vehicle.
- Emergency road service. Contributes some costs for towing to the nearest repair shop and helps pay for a locksmith if needed.
- Rental reimbursement. Helps pay for a rental car while your car is out of service due to an accident.
What car insurance discounts can I get with TNFB?
Tennessee Farm Bureau specifies a few discounts on its site, but you may be eligible for more:
- The First Mile Youth Discount. Because teens are statistically more likely to get in an accident, the TNFB offers a 10% discount if yours watches a video and passes a short online safety quiz.
- Safe driver discount. Avoid accidents and claims for a lower rate.
- Bundling discount. Bundle home or life with auto insurance and save up to 20%.
- Multicar discount. Insure multiple cars on the same policy for added savings.
Pros and cons of Tennessee Farm Bureau car insurance
- 24/7 claims support. File your claim by phone or online at any time, day or night.
- Stay local. You’ll work with an agent in your neighborhood for one-on-one service.
- Member savings. Save money on vacations, with 20% off Choice Hotels and 10% off Enterprise car rentals. Get discounts on essential purchases at Jiffy Lube and John Deere.
- Bundle your policies. TNFB members can buy home and life insurance in one convenient place — and potentially save money across policies.
- No mobile app. You won’t get the convenience of managing your account from your phone, unlike with other insurers.
- No online signup. Opening a policy requires an agent phone call or in-person appointment.
- Limited to TN. You must be a Tennessee resident to get insurance through this company.
Alternatives to Tennessee Farm Bureau
How to apply for Tennessee Farm Bureau car insurance
To apply for car insurance with Tennessee Farm Bureau, you’ll need to get in touch with a local agent. But you can generate an initial quote online:
- From the Tennessee Farm Bureau’s website, select Auto Insurance and click Go.
- A robo-agent greets you. Click Let’s get started.
- Complete information about your drivers and driving history. Click Next.
- Indicate details about the vehicle you’re hoping to protect. Click Next.
- Assign vehicles to select drivers. Click Next.
- Review your initial quote, and adjust or toggle between coverage amounts to tailor your rate.
What info do I need to apply?
For the most accurate rate, keep the following details handy during the application or quote process:
- Full name
- Driver’s license number
- Driving history, including records of any violations or accidents
- VIN, make, model and license plate number of the vehicle you’re insuring
How do I make a claim with the Tennessee Farm Bureau?
You’ve got two options for making a claim with TNFB:
- Online. Log in to your account to send TNFB details about your accident.
- Phone. Call the Claims Reporting Center anytime at 877-876-2222.
Frequently asked questions about Tennessee Farm Bureau
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team ranks insurers from one to five stars by analyzing key factors that include customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims and support. Our star ratings are designed to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.