Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa review
A no-frills, straightforward student card from Teachers Federal.
- Get this card if you want a simple student card from Teachers Federal Credit Union.
- Pick something else if you want a student card that offers rewards or an intro APR.
- Apply with a good credit score of 670 or higher.
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
The Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa is a student credit card offered from this New York-based credit union. It’s incredibly light on features, even by student card standards: It carries a 8.75% to 15.75% variable APR, requires no annual fee and has no penalty APR.
The card lacks any sort of intro APR, rewards, signup bonus or additional perks. And everything else is as you would expect: the standard assortment of credit card fees apply, such as balance transfer fees, late payment fees and returned payment fees.
There’s nothing wrong with the Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa – it doesn’t carry any predatory fees, for example. But the student credit card space has become incredibly competitive when it comes to rewards and other valuable features, leaving simpler cards like this one less appealing than they would have been a few years ago.
How to apply for the Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa
Apply for the Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa by doing the following.
- Click Apply now.
- Scroll down and select Credit cards for you.
- Scroll down and choose View Visa Student.
- Hit Apply today.
- Navigate the application by filing in the requested information and select Submit.
Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa benefits
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to use this card.
- Low foreign transaction fee. You’ll pay a 1% fee on transactions made abroad using this card.
- Potentially low APR. Depending on your credit score, you can get an APR as low as 8.75% with this card, well below the industry average of 16%.
Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa drawbacks
- No rewards. This card doesn’t offer any rewards on purchases. This is unfortunate, as many student cards are offering at least 1% back on purchases in today’s market.
- No intro APR. This card lacks an intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers.
- Low maximum credit limit. The credit limit you can achieve with this card ranges from $250 to $750.
Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa customer reviews and complaints
As of October 2021 we couldn’t find any customer reviews of the Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa on social media. However, the Teachers Federal Credit Union earns a C- rating from the Better Business Bureau and is not accredited as of October 2021.
The union earns a 3.4 out of 5 consumer rating on Trustpilot as of the same date, though only features two reviews.
Compare student credit cards
Explore your options by minimum deposit required, purchase APR, annual fee or minimum credit score. Select the Apply now button to start your application for a particular card.
Like with many smaller credit union credit cards, the Teachers Federal Credit Union Teachers Student Visa is serviceable, but outshone by student cards from the major providers on the market. Before choosing this card, compare other student cards on the market first to see if you find a card that’s a better fit.