TD Cash Credit Card review
Earn high cash back on dining and groceries with this no-annual-fee card.
- Get this card if you want to earn high cash back on dining and groceries.
- Pick something else if you live in a state without a TD Bank branch.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
Up to 3%
Intro purchase APR
for the first 6 billing cycles (then 12.99%, 17.99% or 22.99% variable)
|Welcome Offer||$150 after spending $500 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||3% on dining, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other eligible purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 6 billing cycles (then 12.99%, 17.99% or 22.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 15 billing cycles (then 12.99%, 17.99% or 22.99% variable)|
|Recommended minimum credit score||680|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The TD Cash Credit Card could be an excellent addition to your wallet if you often dine out. With an easy to earn signup bonus of $150 and 3% cash back on dining, the card ranks high among this type of cards. Especially with a $0 annual fee.
If you’re looking to make a balance transfer and save money on interest, or if you don’t want to worry about paying an APR on purchases right away, you’ll enjoy the intro APR period on both transfers and purchases. Particularly nice is the 15 billing cycles of 0% intro APR on balance transfers.
Note: This card is only available to residents of the following states: CT, DC, DE, FL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT.
If you’re not eligible for this card based on your region, consider alternative credit cards with dinning rewards.
How to apply for the TD Cash Credit Card
- Click Apply now.
- If you have a TD Bank account, log in to speed up the application process. If not, fill out the application form.
- Review your information and submit.
How long will it take to get my TD Cash Credit Card?
Once you apply, expect your decision to arrive within seven to 10 days by mail. If approved, you’ll also get your credit card and welcome information alongside your decision.
- Cash back. Earn 3% back on dining, 2% back at grocery stores and 1% back on everything else you buy.
- Signup bonus. Get a $150 cash bonus once you spend $500 on purchases during your first 90 days of card membership. This is one of the highest bonuses that you can get with this type of card. Competitor cards often have a bonus between $100 and $150.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to own the card.
How much cashback rewards can I earn with the TD Cash Credit Card?
|Where you spend:||The amount you spend:||Cash back earned:|
Let’s say your annual spending resembles our example. In such scenario, you would earn $250. And if you clear the signup bonus, you would get a total of $450 for the first year.
You’ll also like …
- Intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers. Get a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles following your account opening. You’ll also get an intro APR on purchases for the first 6 billing cycles. Once the intro periods pass, your APR reverts to a variable 12.99%, 17.99% or 22.99%.
- No penalty APR. For late payments, you’ll only pay up to a $37 fee. With other cards, a single late payment is enough to set you up with a penalty APR of up to 31%, which lasts indefinitely.
- Digital wallet. Simplify your payments by adding your card to your mobile device with services like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and others.
- Security features. Get zero liability for unauthorized purchases, a hard-to-counterfeit chip card and instant card replacement in case of loss or theft.
What to watch out for
- Not available in all states. Unfortunately, if you live in a state without a TD Bank branch, you won’t be able to apply for the card.
- Potentially high APR. Depending on your creditworthiness, you could get a variable APR in the higher end of 22.99%.
Compare cashback credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
You must be at least 18 years old, a US resident and to live in a state with a TD Bank.
When you fill out your application, you’ll need to provide:
- Your full name and contact information.
- Residential address and mortgage or rent amount.
- Date of birth and Social Security number.
- Annual income and source of income.
What credit score do I need?
You can apply with a good credit score. To increase your chances of approval, apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
What type of Visa card will I get?
The type of Visa card you get depends on your approved credit line.
- Visa Platinum — if your approved credit line is less than $5,000.
- Visa Signature — if your approved credit line is $5,000 or greater.
With the Visa Signature card you get benefits like concierge services, special shopping perks and more. This is the only difference between the two cards.
TD Cash Credit Card reviews and complaints.
Customers love the size of the signup bonus and how easy it is to get. They also like the cashback rate on dining and that the card has no annual fee. Those that don’t like the card claim they get higher cashback rates with other cards.
As of October 2020, TD Bank is unrated by the Better Business Bureau and not accredited.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download TD Bank (US) mobile app. Use it to pay your bills, send money to family and friends, monitor your balances and more.
- Enroll in digital wallet. Enroll in Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Microsoft Pay or Visa checkout and simplify your payments with a single tap.
- Avoid interest and fees. Your due date is 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. Make sure you pay your balance by then to avoid paying late payment fees and interest.
- Customer service. If you need help or have questions, call 888-751-9000.
How do I redeem rewards from the TD Cash Credit Card?
With the TD Cash Credit Card you earn points that you can redeem for cash back, gift cards, travel or merchandise.
Once you have at least 2,500 points, worth $25 in cash back, you can redeem them by logging in to your tdcardservices.com account or calling 888-561-8861.
If you mostly spend on dining and groceries, the TD Cash Credit Card can be a good choice. In addition to cash back, you get a generous signup bonus and a long intro APR period on balance transfers.
But if you’re looking to get higher cashback rate on dining or on grocery purchases, you can check out other cashback credit cards to find the right card for your financial habits.