We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
TD Bank balance transfer credit cards
These balance transfer credit cards can offer solid rewards.
Though TD Bank’s intro APRs aren’t spectacular, its cards offer attractive rewards to the right customers.
Our pick for a TD Bank balance transfer card
TD Cash Credit CardRead more
Compare TD Bank balance transfer credit cards
TD Bank currently offers five credit cards. Two of them have intro APRs for balance transfers.
The bank’s business and secured products don’t offer intro APRs. Neither does the TD Aeroplan™ Visa Signature® Credit Card.
What are the benefits of a balance transfer with TD Bank?
Here’s why you might consider making a balance transfer with a TD Bank credit card:
You may qualify for a relatively low ongoing APR.
The TD Cash Credit Card has an ongoing purchase and balance transfer APR as low as 14.99% variable. The TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card has one ongoing 15.49% variable purchase and balance transfer APR.
You’ll have a better chance of qualifying for a low APR if you have excellent credit.
The TD Cash Credit Card offers attractive cash back on select everyday purchases. Consider the TD First Class℠ Visa Signature® Credit Card if you travel and dine out frequently, as you can earn up to 3x points.
What are the drawbacks of a balance transfer with TD Bank?
Here’s why a TD Bank balance transfer card might not be right for you:
You’ll find better intro APRs with other providers.
Many providers offer intro APRs longer than 12 months. Some providers offer intro APRs up to 18 or 21 months.
Minimum balance transfer amount.
Your balance transfer must be at least $250, not including transaction fees.
It can take a relatively long time for balance transfers to process.
According to TD Bank, it could take two to four weeks for your balance transfer to complete.
What debts are eligible for a balance transfer with TD Bank?
- Balances from non-TD Bank credit cards.
- Debt owed to TD Bank.
Can I transfer balances to another TD Bank card?
No. This is a standard policy across most banks since balance transfers are typically used to lure customers from other providers.
You may apply for a TD Bank credit card if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age, 19 if you live in Alabama or Nebraska and 21 if you live in Mississippi.
- Are a US resident.
- Have a US address.
- Have a valid Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
What do I need to apply?
Have the following information on hand when applying for a TD Bank card:
- Full name.
- Phone number and email address.
- Residential address, residential status, and monthly rent or mortgage.
- Social Security number and date of birth.
- Employment information and total annual income.
How to apply for a balance transfer with TD Bank
- Choose an eligible card and check its terms.
Check the card’s page to find out its intro APR, ongoing APR and balance transfer fees.
- Apply for the card.
TD Bank has a multi-step application form. You can request multiple balance transfers as you apply for the card.Since you won’t know your credit limit in advance, the provider recommends adding your transfer requests by priority. TD Bank will process these requests in the order you’ve listed them, and as your credit limit allows.
- Wait for your balance transfer to finish.
Pay your previous creditors to keep your credit score intact and avoid late fees until your transfer with TD Bank is complete.
How long will it take to complete a balance transfer with TD Bank?
Allow two to four weeks for your balance transfer to complete.
I got the card. Now what?
- Check that your balance transfer is complete. Check your card’s transaction details and look for your transfer to post. You can also call TD Bank support to verify its completion.
- Make payments on time. Consider setting up automatic payments to avoid late fees and to keep your intro APR intact.
Also, consider breaking up your balance transfer debt into monthly payments so you can pay it off before your intro APR expires.
- Contact customer support. Call TD Credit Card Services at 888-561-8861. You can also reach customer support at TD Bank’s customer support forum or tweet the bank @TDBank_US.
You’ll find better intro APRs elsewhere. However, a TD Bank balance transfer card offers rewards, and you may qualify for a relatively low APR.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert