Keep an eye on bullseye deals.
Target offers everything from household essentials and groceries to home decor and on-trend apparel for the whole family. Shop a wide variety of items online and in stores, and save more with two-day and next-day free delivery options, the company’s store credit card and its new free loyalty program.
Orders over $35
- Free two-day shipping on orders of $35 or more
- Save 5% with Target RedCard
- Autoship delivery available
- Limited availability for same-day delivery
What do people say about Target?
Online reviews for Target’s products, savings opportunities and customer service are nearly spotless. The majority of negative reviews for the company are focused on advertising campaigns — not its products or services.
What you can buy at Target
As a discount department store, Target offers a huge selection of just about anything you could need for your home, family and pets. While the retailer offers plenty of its own branded products, you’ll also find name-brand beauty, kitchen, baby items and more, including Burt’s Bees, KitchenAid and Gerber.
Ulta Beauty at Target
The Ulta x Target collaboration will launch in-store and online in late 2021, featuring 40+ skincare, hair and makeup brands. More than 100 Target stores will sell these products, and shoppers can enjoy a 1,000 square foot shop-within-a-shop located next to the beauty department.
A few other bonus features include:
- In-store pickup or same-day delivery
- Trained beauty consultants
- Ulta’s GLAMlab feature, which allows you to test makeup digitally
Target offers a wide range of both men’s and women’s sizes and includes dedicated plus-size, maternity and big and tall sections. Exact measurements and size guides vary by the type and brand of clothing you’re looking at. So use the sizing guide on the product page to help you find the best fit.
Shipping, payments and returns
Can I get free delivery?
Yes! Target Restock offers free next-day delivery on restock-eligible orders of $35 or more, as well as free two-day delivery on all other orders of $35 or more. Target RedCard holders always get free shipping.
Two-day shipping is free on orders of $35 or more — or on all orders paid with a Target RedCard.
Most orders under $35 incur a $5.99 shipping fee.
Target accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Target RedCard and Target gift cards.
Target RedCard comes with extra perks like:
- 5% savings with most online and in-store purchases
- Free two-day shipping with no minimum order amount
- 30 extra days for returns (some restrictions apply)
- 10% off coupon on your RedCard anniversary — redeem in-store only
- Early access to sales events and exclusive offers
Returning your order
Most items can be returned for free within 90 days of purchase for a full refund. Shipping fees may be refunded as well, depending on the reason for the return. Contact Target customer support to inquire about shipping refunds.
A few notable exceptions to the brand’s return policy:
- Most Target-owned branded items can be returned within one year with a receipt for an exchange or a refund.
- Open music, movies, video games and software can’t be returned. But you can exchange them at the store.
- Open or defective collectibles can’t be returned.
- All electronics and entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange.
- Drones must be returned within 14 days for a refund or exchange.
- Mobile devices purchased with a carrier contract at a Target store must be returned or exchanged within 14 days and may be subject to early termination fees.
- Target RedCard holders have an extra 30 days to return nearly all items purchased with their RedCard.
Can I exchange for a different color or size?
Yes. Most items can be exchanged for a different item, under the same guidelines as the return policy.
How do I return an item to Target?
- Sign into your Target.com account and select the order you’d like to return.
- Click Return an item.
- Choose Return by mail if you’re mailing your return item.
- Select the item and reason for return, then select your shipping address.
- Click Submit, then print your free return shipping label.
- Attach the label to the outside of the return package.
- Drop the package off at a UPS location.
What sets Target apart?
Target has become one of the most popular big-box retailers in the country, offering a wide variety of household and personal care items at reasonable prices. The brand has earned a reputation for having higher-quality items than Walmart — one of its closest competitors — though Target’s pricing tends to be slightly higher than Walmart’s.
How can I contact customer support?
To get in touch with Target customer service:
- Live chat online
- Call 800-591-3869
If you’re looking to stock up on everyday needs, Target is hard to beat. It continues to find ways to offer more value to its customers — and compete with the likes of Amazon — including free next-day delivery on household essentials, 5% savings and other perks for RedCard holders and free two-day shipping for everyone on orders of $35 or more.
But be sure to compare prices and value on larger items like furniture and appliances before ordering them from Target. Extra shipping fees may apply for larger items, and you might find better quality in these categories elsewhere.
Frequently asked questions
Gabrielle Pastorek is a staff writer at Finder, helping readers to round up the best deals, coupons, retailers, products and services to make sound financial decisions. She's written more than 800 articles on the site and is a quoted expert in Best Company and DealNews. She earned an MFA from the University of Pittsburgh, with essays and short stories published in The Collagist, Blue Monday Review, Blotterature and others. When she’s not writing, Gabrielle can be found out in the barn with her horse, Lucy.
I recently tried Target Restock for the first time and found it to be a better deal than Amazon’s Prime Pantry, even though I’m a Prime member. I added nearly identical items to my Target Restock and Amazon Prime Pantry carts, which came out to be very similar in price. But there was one major difference: Target Restock was going to have my order to me by the next day, whereas Prime Pantry was going to take four days — with a Prime membership!
So if you’re in a pinch for household items and don’t mind choosing slightly different brands than might be available on Amazon, Target Restock is absolutely worth looking into. And if you have a RedCard, you’ll save an extra 5% on your order.