TakeLend personal loans connection service review
All credit types welcome at this small-dollar loan connection service with 100+ partners.
- Best for borrowers with less-than-perfect credit who've struggled to qualify for financing in the past.
- Pick something else if you need to borrow more than $15,000.
Max. Loan Amount
Up to 35.99%
All credit types welcome
Min. Credit Score
|Product Name||TakeLend Personal Loan Connection Service|
|Min. Loan Amount||$1,000|
|Max. Loan Amount||$15,000|
|APR||Up to 35.99%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Min. Credit Score||All credit types welcome|
|Loan Term||Varies by lender|
Anna Serio is a trusted loans expert who's published more than 800 articles on Finder to help Americans strengthen their financial literacy. A former editor of a newspaper in Beirut, Anna writes about personal, student, business and car loans. Today, digital publications like Fundera, Business.com, and ValueWalk feature her professional commentary, and she earned an Expert Contributor in Finance badge from review site Best Company in 2020.
TakeLend could be a great resource if you’re looking for a small loan fast and have had trouble finding a lender you qualify with. You can compare offers from multiple lenders by filling out just one online form on TakeLend’s website.
Its network of over 100 personal loan providers work with borrowers of all credit types. It partners with the usual online lenders as well as local financial institutions that typically offer lower-interest financing.
But it’s not a great resource if you’re looking to fund a big project that costs over $15,000. And its lack of an online presence and customer service phone number raise some red flags for us.
Not sure about TakeLend? Compare other personal loan connection services below.
MUST READ: TakeLend is no longer in business
As of December 2019, it appears that TakeLend personal loans connection service is no longer in business — its website is offline, though we weren’t able to find any more information at this time.
You can compare your other options with our guide to personal loan connection services.
First, am I eligible?
TakeLend welcomes all types of credit. To be eligible, you’ll need to meet a handful of requirements:
- Age 18 or older
- US citizen or permanent US resident
- Active checking account that allows electronic deposits
- Not an active member of the military
- Not residing in AK, CO, NY, VT or WV
The best loans tend to go to people who:
- Make at least $2,000 a month at a job they’ve had for a while and have good payment history on previous credit accounts.
Most US citizens are eligible to submit their information for a loan. But if you live in the following states, you’ll need to look elsewhere:
- New York
- West Virginia
- Large network of 100+ lenders
- All credit types welcome
- Compare offers from multiple lenders by filling out just one online form
- Hard to get an idea of APR before submitting your info
- Barebones website with outdated information
- Almost no online presence
- No customer service phone number
- May have to field phone calls and emails from its partner lenders
Compare more personal loan connection services
What do customers say about TakeLend?
Almost nothing — which is concerning for a service with so many providers. It has no Better Business Bureau page and nothing on Trustpilot, Reddit or any other forum that we could find.
We did find a review of the site’s safety on scamadviser.com. The site was given a 93% safety rating — high enough for it to be relatively trustworthy. However, it warned that it appears the website was created in the Cayman Islands — notorious for its lax finance laws.
How do I submit my information?
- Once you’ve established that you’re eligible, you’re ready to start.
- Click Go to site on this page (the link doesn’t work if you live in an ineligible state).
- Follow the steps to enter your personal, employment and bank account information before submitting your application.
- Wait for lenders from TakeLend’s network to make an offer.
- If you get an offer you like, follow the lender’s directions to apply. It can take around 30 minutes to get approved.
- Wait for your funds. Once approved, you could have funds transferred to your personal checking account as soon as the next business day.
How do repayments work with TakeLend?
You won’t make repayments to TakeLend, but the lender you’re connected with — TakeLend is now completely out of the picture. You might want to set up autopay if it’s an option so that you don’t have to worry about making manual repayments each month.
Know how to find your lender’s customer service quickly if you need to reach out with any questions or have trouble making repayments. If your loan doesn’t come with prepayment penalties, consider repaying your loan early to save on interest.
See how TakeLend stacks up to the competition with our guide to personal loan connection services.