While you won’t hit the payload with Survey Junkie, you could earn a little extra cash just for sharing your thoughts.
With monthly bills and daily expenses, it can be challenging to keep up with your finances. One way to stay afloat is by generating some side income.
What if there was a way to earn cash on the side for influencing the world? Survey Junkie helps you do just that, connecting you to survey opportunities that pay for your opinions.
Survey Junkie is a popular online site for earning cash and rewards. The company boasts more than 5 million members.
- Take Surveys
- Earn Rewards
- Get Paid
- Earn rewards.
- It’s free.
- Easy surveys.
- Difficult to generate major income.
- User complaints.
- May not qualify for all surveys.
- Expect lots of email.
How easy is it to earn with Survey Junkie?
You can become a Survey Junkie member through an easy signup process. Members across the board agree that surveys aren’t too complicated and don’t take a long time to complete. Your typical survey requires about 5 to 20 minutes, with new surveys available daily. You could even receive points for surveys you ultimately don’t qualify for.
While you’re not likely to get rich using Survey Junkie, it could be an easy way for those with free time to make a little extra money outside of their day jobs. Payouts can add up with time, dedication and consistency.
How do I register with Survey Junkie?
All you need is an email address, Facebook account or Google+ account. Membership is open to those who are 18 years or older and reside in the United States, Australia or Canada.
Once you’ve registered and created a password, Survey Junkie will email a confirmation of your membership and you can begin taking surveys.
How does Survey Junkie work?
The service comprises four steps:
- Complete profiles to get matched up with surveys.
- Take online surveys anytime, from anywhere and on any computer or mobile device.
- Earn reward points by completing individual surveys.
- After accumulating a low 1,000 points — roughly $10 — redeem them instantly for Amazon cards, other e-gift cards or cash payments through PayPal.
Survey Junkie Pros & Cons
- Earn rewards. Once you reach 1,000 points, you can get paid through PayPal or cash in your rewards for an e-gift card.
- It’s free to join. Get started with Survey Junkie with simple free signup.
- Easy surveys. Surveys are relatively simple to complete, with points rewarded immediately after.
- Low payout threshold. Once you’ve earned 1,000 points, you can start redeeming them for gift cards and cash payments.
- Difficult to generate major income. As its website states, “you will not get rich by taking surveys.” Though surveys vary in points, some users report an average of $1 an hour.
- User complaints. In the past, users have claimed that third-party affiliates did not pay them for their time. Things appeared to have improved, but be wary. Survey Junkie claims that users are rewarded directly with points for their participation which may be redeemed for cash or e-gift cards.
- May not qualify for all surveys. Most have their own eligibility criteria.
Understanding the fine print
What else do I need to know?
Some suspect that Survey Junkie is a platform to build the company’s subscriber list. But it’s one of the highest-rated survey sites on TrustPilot and gets an A+ rating with the BBB.
For questions or support, easily access customer service online.
I was approved! Now what?
Once approved, log in to your Survey Junkie account. The site will provide you with a list of survey panels to choose from.