New and used auto loans, lease buyouts and refinancing for fair-credit borrowers.
SuperMoney allows borrowers in all 50 states to compare car loan, lease buyout and refinancing offers from multiple lenders at once. While it has relatively easy credit requirements, it’s not the most user-friendly website out there.
|Product Name||SuperMoney Auto Purchase Loans Marketplace|
|APR||Varies by lender|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Requirements||Fair to excellent credit, an income source, US citizen or permanent resident, 18+ years old|
- 18+ years old
- US citizen or permanent resident
- An income source
- Fair to excellent credit
First, do I qualify?
Because SuperMoney works with a wide range of lenders, you’ll only need to meet a few requirements to qualify:
- Credit score of at least 600
- Regular source of income
- US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
What makes SuperMoney unique?
SuperMoney is a connection service that works directly with lenders to cover borrowers from a variety of credit backgrounds. Its simple form allows you to see what loan options you may qualify for, and it won’t impact your credit until you complete a full application on the lender’s website.
What types of car loans does SuperMoney offer?
SuperMoney isn’t a lender and won’t finance your car loan. However, its partner lenders offer a variety of auto loan options, including new and used car loans as well as lease buyouts. You may be able to borrow up to $100,000 with APRs ranging from 1.99% to 36% — though larger amounts and lower rates are likely reserved for well-qualified borrowers financing a new purchase.
Car loan refinancing with SuperMoney
SuperMoney also works with lenders that offer car loan refinancing. To qualify, your car needs to meet the following criteria:
- 150,000 miles or less
- Less than 10 years old
Just like with its auto loans, SuperMoney allows you to compare refinancing offers to see what rates and terms you might qualify for. If you find an offer you like, you’ll be redirected to the lender’s website to complete a full application. If approved, the lender will use your loan funds to pay off your previous car loan.
What are the benefits of SuperMoney?
There are a few benefits to using SuperMoney to compare your car loan options:
- Prequalifying won’t affect your credit. Quickly compare potential rates, loan amounts and terms with multiple lenders without having it affect your credit score.
- Accepts fair credit. SuperMoney has lenders in its network willing to work with borrowers with credit scores as low as 600.
- Available in all 50 states. Unlike some other connection services, SuperMoney may have a lender that can work with you — no matter where you live.
What to watch out for
No connection service is perfect. Before you fill out SuperMoney’s online form, consider these drawbacks:
- Not a direct lender. Since SuperMoney isn’t a direct lender, you’ll still need to read reviews of any lenders you’re matched with to make sure you understand what you’re getting into.
- Not every offer is accurate. One SuperMoney user received an offer from a lender that didn’t account for interest when giving an example of potential monthly payments.
- Limited website information. SuperMoney doesn’t have the most user-friendly website. You’ll have to hunt for more detailed information — including its FAQs section. And it doesn’t have a phone number you can call for help.
Compare more car loan providers
What do borrowers say about SuperMoney?
Not much as of June 2019. SuperMoney doesn’t have a Better Business Bureau (BBB) page, and its Trustpilot page only has 45 reviews. However, those reviews are wholly positive, earning SuperMoney a TrustScore of 9.1 out of 10.
Most customers were happy with how fast they were able to compare lenders in SuperMoney’s network — but not all. One recent reviewer complained that a lender didn’t take interest into account when showing potential monthly payments. But SuperMoney dealt with the issue, and the customer left an update saying they were pleased with the result.
How do I get started with SuperMoney?
If you’re ready to compare your auto loan options, follow these steps:
- Click the Go to Site button on this page to be redirected to SuperMoney’s online form.
- Select how you plan on purchasing your next car and if you already have a model in mind.
- Enter the loan amount you need and select your approximate credit score.
- Select your employment status, annual income, how often you get paid and how you receive your paycheck.
- Select if you have a checking account, whether you rent or own a home and enter your address.
- Enter your full name, date of birth, email and phone number, then select your military and residence status.
- Enter your Social Security number and click Review Your Answers to confirm your details are correct.
Once you’ve finished filling out its form, read SuperMoney’s terms and conditions then submit your application. You may have to sign up for an account to view your loan offers. Review your options, and if any appeal to you, SuperMoney will direct you to the lender’s website so you can complete the online application.
What documents do I need to apply?
While you won’t need anything specific to fill out SuperMoney’s prequalification form, you’ll likely need the following information when you apply with a lender:
- Proof of income. This can include pay stubs or a benefits letter.
- Proof of address. Your bills and other mail will typically suffice.
- Bank account information. Lenders will ask for your bank’s routing number and your account number.
I was connected with a lender. Now what?
Compare your loan offers and pick the one that’s best suited for you. From there, SuperMoney will redirect you to the lender’s website so you can finish your application. Your chosen lender will let you know about next steps and any information you need to provide.
If you’re approved and haven’t selected a car, you may have up to 30 days to pick the vehicle you want and finalize the purchase. If you already have a car in mind, you can use your loan funds to pay for it.
Your lender will tell you what you need to finalize your purchase and how to set up repayments.
SuperMoney makes it easy to compare real-time car loan offers from multiple lenders. But its website is sparse and there aren’t many online reviews out there to know exactly what you’re getting into.
Rather not use a connection service? Compare direct car loan providers instead.