Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Can you get a payday loan on a Sunday?
Find out if Sunday payday loans exist, are legit and what you need to know before applying.
Financial difficulties aren’t always polite enough to wait until the weekend’s over. Sudden car repairs, medical emergencies and more can spell the need for money quickly. And if they happen on a Sunday, you’re faced with another problem: Many short-term loan options just aren’t available outside weekdays.
You could still get the money you need, but you might have to consider other methods of funding. Here’s what you should know when considering a Sunday short-term loan.
Can I actually get a short-term loan on a Sunday?
The short answer is no. Many lenders allow you to apply for a short-term loan on a Sunday, but you won’t actually receive funding until at least the next business day. Like other businesses, most lenders and banks simply don’t operate on the weekend.
To put this in context, payday lenders typically disburse funds in one or both of two ways:
- In-store pickup. Some lenders have store locations where you can apply in-store and get cash or apply online and then pick up your approved funds in person. If you choose this option, you can sometimes get funds on Saturdays depending on the lender.
- Online transfer. Many lenders do their business online only. When you apply with an online loan company, it can take a day for it to process your application and another day for it to transfer your loan amount to your checking account. With this option, you can typically expect your funds in two days, though it could take longer depending on your bank. Many lenders advertise funding “as soon as the next business day”.
If a lender offers debit card loans, or loans in which funds can be loaded onto a prepaid debit card, you could shorten the turnaround time by a day since a bank isn’t involved in the transfer. But funds availability on a Sunday isn’t guaranteed.
Compare online loans with quick turnaround times
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Which lenders can get me money the fastest?
When you’re comparing lenders on a Sunday, know how long it will take for them to process your application and transfer your funds. See how top online lenders compare before choosing one to apply to.
|Lender||Max amount||Turnaround as soon as…||State availability||If I apply on Sunday, when is the earliest I can receive my loan?|
|LendUp||$250 for first-time borrowers||As soon as the next business day||CA, LA, MS, MO, TN, TX, WI||Expect your approved loan amount to post in your bank account as soon as Tuesday.|
|CashNetUSA||Varies by state||As fast as same business day||AL, AK, CA, FL, HI, LA, ME, MI, MN, NV, TX, WA, WY||If your application is received and approved by 6 p.m. CST Sunday, your loan funds will likely transfer by Monday.|
|Check Into Cash||1 to 2 business days||AL, AK, CA, DE, FL, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MS, MO, NV, OH, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY||Expect your approved loan amount to post in your bank account as soon as Tuesday. If you choose to pick up your cash in person, you can apply online on a Sunday and have everything processed at the store location on Monday.|
What will I need to apply?
For conditional approval when you apply on a Sunday, you’ll need to meet the standard eligibility criteria of your lender and provide documentation about your financial situation.
- You must be at least 18 years old (or your state’s age of majority).
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You must have a valid checking account.
- You must have a regular source of income.
- Your full name, date of birth, address, phone number and email address.
- Your Social Security number and government-issued ID.
- Your monthly income and employment details.
What’s an instant decision loan?
Although lenders won’t process your application on a Sunday, you could receive “instant approval” when you complete a form online. Here, a lender approves (or denies) your loan application based on the preliminary information you provide, but it doesn’t mean you’ll get your loan on the same day. Instant approval could, however, result in faster processing of the money you request within one to two business days.
What other options do I have to get quick cash on a Sunday?
If you need money quickly and can’t find a lender that works for you, you might need an alternative solution.
- Get a prepaid debit card loan. This option may not help without advance planning, but approved funds on a debit card work on Sundays without approval from your lender. You could apply for this short-term loan earlier in the week, so you could have it ready for emergency funding when you need it.
- Ask a friend or family member. When times are tough, your network of support can be exactly what you need to get by. Loans from family members or friends don’t come with interest and tend to have more forgiving terms than those from a lender. Check with someone you know before taking on extra debt.
- Take out a credit card cash advance. If you have a credit card, you could visit an ATM and take out a credit card cash advance. While the interest rate on what you borrow can be high, cash is available when you need it — even on a Sunday.
- Request more time to pay. When an emergency payment is due on a Sunday, you might be able to ask for more time to pay it off. It can be difficult to get money over the weekend, a business might understand if you discuss your financial troubles instead of missing a payment without notice.
Are payday loans available in my state?
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best business expansion loans of 2021
Compare expansion loans for startups and established businesses.
First Commonwealth Bank Hometown Checking review
First Commonwealth Bank’s Hometown Checking has many attractive features, but overdrafts can add up quickly.
Citibank business loans review
This international bank offers term loans as low as $5,000 to business banking customers. But it’s not upfront about costs.
Compare crypto credit cards 2021
Earn crypto on your purchases with these cards.
A beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
B9 pay advance app review
This pay advance app gives you access to your paycheck 15 days in advance. But with a $4.99 monthly fee, it may not be worth it for everyone.
Your business loan results
Get matched with a business lender using our quiz. Funding options from $500 to $5 million.
Compare 20 banks that offer early direct deposit
Banks that offer early direct deposit can benefit your financial life in several ways.
Bank accounts with early direct deposit
When you choose a transaction account that has modernized features, you are keeping your money secure yet still in the palm of your hand.
CapitalPlus invoice factoring review 2021
This lender offers invoice factoring specially designed for construction companies. Startups are welcome — but you’ll need $20k in invoices.
Ask an Expert