Sun Basket review
Fresh, farm-to-table meals are at hand.
Could you use a little help making yummy, fresh, farm-to-table meals for you and your family? Sun Basket is a popular meal kit delivery service that does shopping, meal prep and recipe planning for you. While this service costs a little more than some other options, it comes with a money-back guarantee if you’re not completely satisfied.
- Farm-fresh produce and sustainably raised meats and seafood
- Skip up to six weeks in advance
- 100% money-back guarantee
- On the pricier side
Sun Basket reviews and complaints
While Sun Basket has fewer online reviews than some other meal delivery services, the majority are positive. Customers say that Sun Basket offers quality ingredients, flavorful recipes and sensible packaging — which is recyclable, by the way.
On the other hand, a few common drawbacks are its high-end price tag and sometimes-complicated recipe instructions. Culinary newbies may want to consider other options.
How does it work?
Sun Basket gives you several options: weekly ingredients to whip up meals yourself, pre-prepped meal kits or oven-ready or microwavable meals.
To create your basket:
- Choose how many meals you want and select any special dietary restrictions.
- Choose your recipes.
- Pay for your order.
Box size and pricing options
Pricing varies based on your specific choices and customization. But in general, expect the following:
- Two recipes per week – $12.99 per serving
- Three recipes per week – $11.99 per serving
- Four recipes per week – $10.99 per serving
Shipping, payments and cancellations
Can I get free delivery?
Yes! Delivery is free on your first box.
Starting with your second box, Sun Basket adds a delivery fee starting at $6.99 to your weekly order.
Securely pay for your Sun Basket order with any major credit card or PayPal. If you’re ordering on your iOS device, you can also use Apple Pay.
The payment method that you use for your first order will automatically be billed for your next order — unless you log into your account and change your payment details before it ships.
How do I pause or cancel my subscription?
To skip a week of your Sun Basket delivery:
- Log into your Sun Basket account and go to Schedule.
- Find the week(s) you want to skip and click Skip next to the date. You can skip any week up to six weeks in advance.
- Click Yes, skip to save to save your selections.
- If you make a mistake, you can click Unskip to add that week back to your schedule.
To cancel your Sun Basket subscription:
- Log into your Sun Basket account and click Manage my subscription on the homepage.
- Click Cancel my subscription.
- You may see a list of alternatives to canceling your order. If you still want to cancel, click Cancel my subscription again.
- Provide your reason for canceling, then click Cancel.
- You should receive a confirmation email shortly after making this change.
You’ll need to skip weeks or cancel your order by noon PST on the Wednesday before your next order ships. Otherwise, you’ll still be billed for and receive your last order.
What sets Sun Basket apart?
Sun Basket prides itself on offering organic, non-GMO, pesticide-free ingredients from local farmers. Meats and seafoods are free of antibiotics and artificial hormones and have been raised using sustainable farming practices. This brand helps consumers get a true farm-to-table experience — without the hassle of grocery shopping or tracking down locally-grown produce themselves.
Sun Basket also offers a 100% money-back guarantee. So if you’re not satisfied with the contents of your box for any reason, get in touch with customer service within seven days of receiving your order to get a full refund.
How can I contact customer support?
To talk to Sun Basket customer service:
- Call 866-786-2758 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.
- Text 732-402-0156.
- Fill out its online contact form to send a secure email.
Sun Basket vs. competitors
Signing up for a Sun Basket subscription is an easy, hassle-free way to ensure you’re putting fresh, clean and nutritious ingredients in your body — plus helping the planet by supporting sustainable farming practices.
If you’re still on the fence about whether or not this is the brand for you, compare a few other options to find the best fit for you and your family.