Subaru Motors Finance auto loans review
Low starting rates backed by Chase help this manufacturer stand out.
- Best for borrowers looking for quick financing backed by a big bank.
- Pick something else if you want clear, upfront repayment terms.
Pros and cons
- Financing backed by Chase
- Lease Loyalty Program pays your disposition fee and first monthly repayment
- Rates start at 1.99% APR for certified preowned vehicles
- No discounts for first responders
- No information on how to make repayments
- Poor BBB rating
Subaru Motors Finance special discounts
- Military: Yes
- College grad: Yes
- Repeat customers: Yes
- First responders: No
- Accessibility equipment: Yes
Subaru Motors Finance reviews and complaints
|BBB customer reviews||1.1 out of 5 stars, based on 228 customer reviews|
|BBB customer complaints||3,191 customer complaints|
|Trustpilot Score||1.5 out of 5 stars, based on 56 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||19 October 2020|
Since it’s backed by Chase, the profile for Subaru Motors Finance on the Better Business Bureau redirects to that of Chase. It doesn’t have much in the way of good customer reviews, with both its BBB and Trustpilot customer review ratings coming in at below 2 stars as of October 2020. It also has over 3,000 complaints that have been lodged in the past three years through its BBB page.
How to apply
Applying online for a new Subaru should only take a few minutes. Follow these steps to get started:
- Visit the Subaru Motors Finance website and click Financing/Leasing under Shopping Tools.
- Read over Chase’s disclosure, then click Apply for Financing Today.
- Select the model and trim you want to purchase or lease, then select an authorized Subaru dealership near you.
- Enter your desired finance amount, your down payment and your trade-in value, if applicable. Then select your desired loan term.
- If you’re applying jointly, select the Joint option at the top of the page. Enter your full name, email address and phone number.
- Enter your address, monthly housing payment, date of birth and Social Security number.
- Enter information about your employment status and your annual income.
- Review your loan information and read the terms and conditions.
Subaru Motors Finance will review your application. Write down your reference code, and Subaru will contact you with your next steps once your information has been confirmed.
How do repayments work?
Subaru Motors Finance doesn’t list its repayment options online. You can contact your local authorized Subaru dealership to learn more about how repayments works and any fees you may need to pay.