Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Steep and Cheap promo codes
Best deal: Up to 65% off The North Face
Love sports and outdoor activities, but don’t want to pay a premium for gear and equipment? Powered by Backcountry, this discount retailer helps you enjoy your hobby on the cheap.
What can I buy at Steep and Cheap?
- Men’s. No matter your extreme sport, you’ll find the outerwear, base layers, pants, shorts, sunglasses and accessories you need to succeed — and at a seriously slashed price.
- Women’s. From jackets to boots to swimwear and everything in between, you’ll find a wide selection of outdoor and athletic apparel and accessories.
- Kids’. Whether your fave kiddo needs a new snowsuit for the backyard or is learning the ropes of skiing, tubing and other family-friendly outdoor sports, Steep and Cheap has a line of clothing just for the kids.
- Equipment. Browse by sport or accessory to find the bike parts, kayaking equipment, fishing gear, skis and much more that you need to get out there and have some fun.
How do I use my coupon code?
To use your Steep and Cheap coupon code, follow these steps.
- Visit the Steep and Cheap website.
- Select your items and click Add to cart.
- Select your shipping option on the next screen, then click Proceed with Order.
- After you enter your billing and shipping information, you’ll see a link that says Promo Code? Click Here to Redeem in box 5.
- A pop-up box should appear in the middle of your screen.
- Enter your promo code in the space provided, then click Redeem.
Why is my code not working?
If you’re having trouble with your promo code, it could be expired, not available in your home country or case-sensitive. Contact Steep and Cheap customer service using its online contact form, or get in touch with Backcountry.com at email@example.com or by calling 801-746-7580.
What is Steep and Cheap?
Steep and Cheap is one of five Backcountry.com brands — all of which are geared toward the outdoor and extreme sports enthusiast. What’s unique about Steep and Cheap is that it’s dedicated to helping outdoor sports lovers enjoy their hobbies on a budget. On its website and app, Steep and Cheap offers limited-time and limited-quantity deals that are hard to beat anywhere else.
Shipping, payment and returns
Shipping and delivery
Shipping costs vary based on the dollar value and weight of your order. Bulk items like kayaks and large bike parts, for example, will cost more to ship than smaller items like clothing and shoes. Once you have all the items in your cart that you want to buy, you can view a shipping estimate by clicking on the cart icon at the top right corner of your screen.
|Shipping option||Delivery speed|
|Economy||5–10 business days|
|Standard||3–5 business days|
|Two-day||2 business days|
|Next-day||1 business day|
Can I get free delivery?
Steep and Cheap doesn’t usually offer free delivery, unless you have a coupon code for free shipping.
Pay for your order using Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover or PayPal.
You can return new, unused merchandise within 30 days of the delivery date. To do this, log into your Steep and Cheap account and create an RMA number and print out your return shipping label — for a $6.99 fee. Make sure you write the RMA on the outside of your package, then mail returns to:
Steepandcheap.com Returns Department
2607 South 3200 West Suite A
West Valley City, UT 84119
When’s the next sale?
Everything at Steep and Cheap is marked down considerably from its retail price at most other stores, but it does offer semi-annual sales throughout the year. If an item gets listed at an even bigger discount within 30 days after you’ve already purchased it, the company will credit you the difference, as long as the sale item is the same size and color as the one you bought.
What sets Steep and Cheap apart?
Steep and Cheap is all about getting you the lowest price on all your outdoor sports clothing and equipment needs. Not only will the company match its own sale prices on items that go on sale later, but it will also match the price of any other US-based online retailer for identical items. You can also sign up for price alerts so you know the minute something on your wishlist gets discounted even more.
If you’re not sure what size to order, click on the sizing guide that shows up on each individual item page. Since sizing varies based on brand, you may want to double-check the sizing guide for each item you put in your cart.
Where to find Steep and Cheap on social media
Follow Steep and Cheap on Facebook and Twitter for more information about the latest sales and special offers, or you can download the Steep and Cheap app for even more features, like price alerts right to your phone.
Pros and cons
- Competitive pricing.Steep and Cheap offers some of the lowest prices on outdoor sports gear and clothing on the web.
- Price matching.If you find the same item at a better price somewhere else, Steep and Cheap will credit you the difference.
- International shipping.Ship internationally to 75 countries across the globe.
- Limited-quantity merchandise.Since Steep and Cheap helps you save by offering limited-quantity merchandise, you may need to act fast to score the best savings.
- No free returns.You’ll be responsible for covering the cost of returning shipping.
What do people say about Steep and Cheap?
Online reviews for Steep and Cheap are mixed. While lots of customers are thrilled with their savings and their overall experience, some customers have complaints about the steep cost of return shipping and poor customer service.
Some reviews for the Steep and Cheap app report bug problems.
If you’re trying to find expensive outdoor sports equipment for a more affordable price, Steep and Cheap could be worth a look. While you might not have as many options due to its limited-time and limited-quantity sales model, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a lower price elsewhere — and if you do, Steep and Cheap will match it.
Common questions about Steep and Cheap
Why was I charged tax on my Steep and Cheap order?
Steep and Cheap is required to charge sales tax on certain items shipped to these states: Utah, Alabama, Colorado, Virginia, New York, Washington, Illinois, Florida, South Dakota, California and Pennsylvania.
What are Backcountry.com’s other brands?
In addition to Backcountry.com and Steep and Cheap, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport.com and BergFreunde.de are all part of the same brand.
How do I submit a warranty request?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your email the order number, purchase date, product, brand and a description of the defect or problem.
More guides on Finder
Should you sell on Poshmark or Tradesy?
Compare pros and cons of selling on Poshmark vs. Tradesy to help you get the most for your secondhand clothing, shoes and accessories.
Sites like Mercari
Looking for an alternative to Mercari? Here are some worthy competitors that offer high-end brands at steep discounts.
Clothes shopping on a budget-tips for 2021
11 experts lend their prowess to help you dress your best in 2021 with tips and tricks as simple as your budget, but as swanky as your style.
Ulta’s Love Your Skin sales event is here
Shop Ulta’s Love Your Skin sale and discover 50% off popular beauty brands like Sunday Riley, L’Occitane and BareMinerals.
Our favorite Cyber Week clothing deals
20+ best clothing deals for Cyber Week 2020.
How do New Balance myNB rewards work?
Get $5 for every $100 you spend on this popular fitness brand.
Blind cleaning services
Learn how blind cleaning services can help prolong the life of your blinds and eliminate bacteria and viruses both at home and in the office.
Peapod is a delivery service that shops, packs and delivers your groceries to your home or business. See a step-by-step guide, customer reviews and what to watch out for.
How to watch the 2020 AFL Grand Final in the US
Famous clubs Richmond and Geelong clash in the 2020 AFL Grand Final. This is how you can watch overseas.
Kendall and Kylie’s limited-time drop on Amazon: top picks and what to expect
A celebrity-fashion collab that’ll help you dress like a Jenner.
Ask an Expert