We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Steep and Cheap promo codes
Enjoy your hobby for less.
Love sports and outdoor activities, but don’t want to pay a premium for gear and equipment? Powered by Backcountry, this discount retailer helps you enjoy your hobby on the cheap.
Popular Steep and Cheap coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|4 Oct 2019||Get 20% off womens apparel||FAL****|
|15 Oct 2019||Up to 65% off The North Face||********|
|26 Jun 2019||Save up to 65% off Memorial Day sale||********|
|26 Jun 2019||Save up to 60% off Smartwool||********|
|26 Jun 2019||Save up to 45% off Fjallraven||********|
What can I buy at Steep and Cheap?
- Men’s. No matter your extreme sport, you’ll find the outerwear, base layers, pants, shorts, sunglasses and accessories you need to succeed — and at a seriously slashed price.
- Women’s. From jackets to boots to swimwear and everything in between, you’ll find a wide selection of outdoor and athletic apparel and accessories.
- Kids’. Whether your fave kiddo needs a new snowsuit for the backyard or is learning the ropes of skiing, tubing and other family-friendly outdoor sports, Steep and Cheap has a line of clothing just for the kids.
- Equipment. Browse by sport or accessory to find the bike parts, kayaking equipment, fishing gear, skis and much more that you need to get out there and have some fun.
How do I use my coupon code?
What is Steep and Cheap?
Steep and Cheap is one of five Backcountry.com brands — all of which are geared toward the outdoor and extreme sports enthusiast. What’s unique about Steep and Cheap is that it’s dedicated to helping outdoor sports lovers enjoy their hobbies on a budget. On its website and app, Steep and Cheap offers limited-time and limited-quantity deals that are hard to beat anywhere else.
Shipping, payment and returns
Shipping and delivery
Shipping costs vary based on the dollar value and weight of your order. Bulk items like kayaks and large bike parts, for example, will cost more to ship than smaller items like clothing and shoes. Once you have all the items in your cart that you want to buy, you can view a shipping estimate by clicking on the cart icon at the top right corner of your screen.
|Shipping option||Delivery speed|
|Economy||5–10 business days|
|Standard||3–5 business days|
|Two-day||2 business days|
|Next-day||1 business day|
Can I get free delivery?
Steep and Cheap doesn’t usually offer free delivery, unless you have a coupon code for free shipping.
Pay for your order using Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover or PayPal.
You can return new, unused merchandise within 30 days of the delivery date. To do this, log into your Steep and Cheap account and create an RMA number and print out your return shipping label — for a $6.99 fee. Make sure you write the RMA on the outside of your package, then mail returns to:
Steepandcheap.com Returns Department
2607 South 3200 West Suite A
West Valley City, UT 84119
When’s the next sale?
Everything at Steep and Cheap is marked down considerably from its retail price at most other stores, but it does offer semi-annual sales throughout the year. If an item gets listed at an even bigger discount within 30 days after you’ve already purchased it, the company will credit you the difference, as long as the sale item is the same size and color as the one you bought.
What sets Steep and Cheap apart?
Steep and Cheap is all about getting you the lowest price on all your outdoor sports clothing and equipment needs. Not only will the company match its own sale prices on items that go on sale later, but it will also match the price of any other US-based online retailer for identical items. You can also sign up for price alerts so you know the minute something on your wishlist gets discounted even more.
If you’re not sure what size to order, click on the sizing guide that shows up on each individual item page. Since sizing varies based on brand, you may want to double-check the sizing guide for each item you put in your cart.
Where to find Steep and Cheap on social media
Follow Steep and Cheap on Facebook and Twitter for more information about the latest sales and special offers, or you can download the Steep and Cheap app for even more features, like price alerts right to your phone.
Pros and cons
- Competitive pricing.Steep and Cheap offers some of the lowest prices on outdoor sports gear and clothing on the web.
- Price matching.If you find the same item at a better price somewhere else, Steep and Cheap will credit you the difference.
- International shipping.Ship internationally to 75 countries across the globe.
- Limited-quantity merchandise.Since Steep and Cheap helps you save by offering limited-quantity merchandise, you may need to act fast to score the best savings.
- No free returns.You’ll be responsible for covering the cost of returning shipping.
What do people say about Steep and Cheap?
Online reviews for Steep and Cheap are mixed. While lots of customers are thrilled with their savings and their overall experience, some customers have complaints about the steep cost of return shipping and poor customer service.
Some reviews for the Steep and Cheap app report bug problems.
If you’re trying to find expensive outdoor sports equipment for a more affordable price, Steep and Cheap could be worth a look. While you might not have as many options due to its limited-time and limited-quantity sales model, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a lower price elsewhere — and if you do, Steep and Cheap will match it.
Common questions about Steep and Cheap
Ask an Expert