Bundle bike coverage with other insurance needs — custom bikes included.
finder.com’s rating: 4 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you like personal customer service.
- Pick something else if you want a wide array of add-ons.
- Safe riders may qualify for discounts.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Pay schedule||6 months, monthly|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone, in-person|
|Accident forgiveness||Yes (being loyal and accident free for at least 9 years)|
- Local agents
- Variety of services
- Established company
- Custom bike coverage
- Safe driver discounts
- Discounts vary based on state
- Mixed customer reviews
What motorcycle insurance coverage does State Farm offer?
State Farm claims to offer extra coverage as part of its standard policies. Coverage includes:
- Liability. Pay for damages to someone else’s vehicle or bodily injuries when you’re legally responsible.
- Collision. Cover damage to your motorcycle caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive. Protect your motorcycle from theft, fire, vandalism and other non-collision accidents. This coverage applies even when your bike is in storage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Get medical expenses covered when you’re hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
What extra benefits and add-ons does State Farm offer?
The company offers several benefits to their motorcycle coverage, such as:
- Customized bikes. Get coverage for motorcycle upgrades like equipment or new paint.
- Sidecars. Find extra protection for sidecars attached to your ride.
- Emergency roadside expenses. Pay for towing and other services when you break down on the road.
- Protective gear. Cover damaged gear that protects you during an accident, such as a helmet.
- Trip interruption. Don’t worry about unexpected trip expenses when your motorcycle breaks down away from home.
What discounts can I get with State Farm?
A State Farm agent can give you the rundown on discounts you may qualify for. Examples of discounts that might be available are:
- Multi-bike. Insure more than one bike and get a discount.
- Antitheft devices. Protect your motorcycle from theft and potentially receive a discount as a reward.
- Responsible driver. Keep yourself accident free on the road.
- Safety training course. Complete a safety course for extra protection and insurance savings.
- Home ownership. Get a possible bonus for owning your home.
What types of motorcycles does State Farm cover?
State Farm offers coverage for several types of bikes:
- Classic motorcycles
- Custom bikes
- Factory-built motorcycles
- Mini bikes
- Motor scooters
- Trail bikes
- Two-wheeled motorcycles
- Trikes or three-wheeled motorcycles
Pros and cons of State Farm motorcycle insurance
- Personalized service. The company uses local agents to keep customer service personal and helpful.
- Established company. State Farm has offered insurance products for decades, making it a well-known, financially stable choice.
- Variety of services. The company covers many insurance needs so you can bundle all in one place.
- Custom bike coverage. State Farm offers coverage for bikes that you’ve customized for your enjoyment.
- Safe driver discounts. You may qualify for rewards based on your safe driving history and safety course education.
- Not all options listed. The company’s website doesn’t give a comprehensive view of its motorcycle coverage and discounts. However, this fact fits State Farm’s personalized, local agent service.
- Discount availability. Some discounts may or may not be available, depending on your area.
- Mixed customer reviews. Consumer sites show the company ranking in the middle of the pack. But State Farm has a wide customer base, opening it up to some expected negative reviews.
How do I apply for State Farm motorcycle insurance?
The company keeps its application process simple and straightforward. Call for a quote or find the local agent closest to you.
Local agent. Here’s how to find a local State Farm agent:
- Go to the State Farm motorcycle insurance home page.
- Enter your ZIP code under the Find an Agent section and click Go.
- Choose a local agent near you.
- Call or visit in person using the address and phone number listed.
Phone. To speak with a professional without using a local agent, call 833-354-3909.
What info do I need to apply?
Since you’ll be speaking with an agent, make applying faster with several key pieces of information:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Driver’s or motorcycle license
- Motorcycle details, such as make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Coverage of choice or questions
- Payment information
How do I make a claim with State Farm?
Your application process might require a personal agent, but State Farm gives you quicker options for filing a claim:
- Online. Submit a claim on State Farm’s website by choosing the Start a Claim option.
- Mobile app. Report your claim details directly from your phone at your convenience.
- Phone. Call 800-732-5246 to file a claim at any time, day or night.
- Local agent. Like the local feel? Contact your area representative for a more personal claims experience.
Alternatives to State Farm
State Farm offers several options for motorcycle insurance coverage that you can discuss with a local agent. The company is well-established in the insurance industry, making it a financially stable choice.
Still undecided? Compare more motorcycle insurance options.
Frequently asked questions about State Farm motorcycle insurance
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.