Bundle bike coverage with other insurance needs — custom bikes included.
- Get a quote if you like personal customer service.
- Pick something else if you want a wide array of add-ons.
- Safe riders may qualify for discounts.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Pay schedule||6 months, monthly|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone, in-person|
|Accident forgiveness||Yes (being loyal and accident free for at least 9 years)|
- Local agents
- Variety of services
- Established company
- Custom bike coverage
- Safe driver discounts
- Discounts vary based on state
- Mixed customer reviews
What motorcycle insurance coverage does State Farm offer?
State Farm claims to offer extra coverage as part of its standard policies. Coverage includes:
- Liability. Pay for damages to someone else’s vehicle or bodily injuries when you’re legally responsible.
- Collision. Cover damage to your motorcycle caused by an accident.
- Comprehensive. Protect your motorcycle from theft, fire, vandalism and other non-collision accidents. This coverage applies even when your bike is in storage.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Get medical expenses covered when you’re hit by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
What extra benefits and add-ons does State Farm offer?
The company offers several benefits to their motorcycle coverage, such as:
- Customized bikes. Get coverage for motorcycle upgrades like equipment or new paint.
- Sidecars. Find extra protection for sidecars attached to your ride.
- Emergency roadside expenses. Pay for towing and other services when you break down on the road.
- Protective gear. Cover damaged gear that protects you during an accident, such as a helmet.
- Trip interruption. Don’t worry about unexpected trip expenses when your motorcycle breaks down away from home.
What discounts can I get with State Farm?
A State Farm agent can give you the rundown on discounts you may qualify for. Examples of discounts that might be available are:
- Multi-bike. Insure more than one bike and get a discount.
- Antitheft devices. Protect your motorcycle from theft and potentially receive a discount as a reward.
- Responsible driver. Keep yourself accident free on the road.
- Safety training course. Complete a safety course for extra protection and insurance savings.
- Home ownership. Get a possible bonus for owning your home.
What types of motorcycles does State Farm cover?
State Farm offers coverage for several types of bikes:
- Classic motorcycles
- Custom bikes
- Factory-built motorcycles
- Mini bikes
- Motor scooters
- Trail bikes
- Two-wheeled motorcycles
- Trikes or three-wheeled motorcycles
Pros and cons of State Farm motorcycle insurance
- Personalized service. The company uses local agents to keep customer service personal and helpful.
- Established company. State Farm has offered insurance products for decades, making it a well-known, financially stable choice.
- Variety of services. The company covers many insurance needs so you can bundle all in one place.
- Custom bike coverage. State Farm offers coverage for bikes that you’ve customized for your enjoyment.
- Safe driver discounts. You may qualify for rewards based on your safe driving history and safety course education.
- Not all options listed. The company’s website doesn’t give a comprehensive view of its motorcycle coverage and discounts. However, this fact fits State Farm’s personalized, local agent service.
- Discount availability. Some discounts may or may not be available, depending on your area.
- Mixed customer reviews. Consumer sites show the company ranking in the middle of the pack. But State Farm has a wide customer base, opening it up to some expected negative reviews.
How do I apply for State Farm motorcycle insurance?
The company keeps its application process simple and straightforward. Call for a quote or find the local agent closest to you.
Local agent. Here’s how to find a local State Farm agent:
- Go to the State Farm motorcycle insurance home page.
- Enter your ZIP code under the Find an Agent section and click Go.
- Choose a local agent near you.
- Call or visit in person using the address and phone number listed.
Phone. To speak with a professional without using a local agent, call 833-354-3909.
What info do I need to apply?
Since you’ll be speaking with an agent, make applying faster with several key pieces of information:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Driver’s or motorcycle license
- Motorcycle details, such as make, model and license plate number
- Driving history
- Coverage of choice or questions
- Payment information
How do I make a claim with State Farm?
Your application process might require a personal agent, but State Farm gives you quicker options for filing a claim:
- Online. Submit a claim on State Farm’s website by choosing the Start a Claim option.
- Mobile app. Report your claim details directly from your phone at your convenience.
- Phone. Call 800-732-5246 to file a claim at any time, day or night.
- Local agent. Like the local feel? Contact your area representative for a more personal claims experience.
Alternatives to State Farm
State Farm offers several options for motorcycle insurance coverage that you can discuss with a local agent. The company is well-established in the insurance industry, making it a financially stable choice.
Still undecided? Compare more motorcycle insurance options.