Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card vs Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Need a hotel card? Compare a strong cobranded and general travel card.
Which card should you choose?
Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express® Card
- Earn accelerated rewards at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels
- Generous welcome offer
- No foreign transaction fees
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $750 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert