Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card review
You can generate passive donations with this card, but other cashback cards can offer stronger rewards.
Discontinued productThis card has been discontinued, and it is not available on our site. Compare other credit cards or take Finder's credit card quiz to find one that fits your needs.
- Get this card if you want to donate to Stand Up To Cancer and want a conversation-starting product.
- Pick something else if you want to earn even more rewards.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
How to apply for the Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card
- Go to Fifth Third’s website and click Credit Cards from the Bank drop-down in the top nav.
- Find the Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card and click Apply Now.
- Complete the application with details like your name, address, contact info, Social Security number and financial information.
- Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to get my Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card?
You’ll typically receive a decision within a few days, though it may take up to a few weeks to hear back if there are issues with your application. If you’re approved, expect the card in the mail within 10 business days.
- Annual fee: $0. Passively contribute to SU2C with everyday spending over the long term with no annual fee.
- Rewards: 1x points on all purchases. You’ll earn 1 Real Life Rewards point for every dollar you spend on all purchases. Redeem points for donations to SU2C, gift cards, statement credit or cash deposits to your Fifth Third account.
- Contribute to Stand Up To Cancer’s mission. If you redeem your points for a donation to SU2C, Fifth Third matches it at the cash equivalent of 10% of the donation amount. The provider also donates $5 for each active Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card in its system annually and 0.2% of each eligible purchase to the organization.
- Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers. Take advantage of a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for your first 12 billing cycles. After that, your APR reverts to a variable 14.74% to 25.74%.
- Purchase and travel benefits. Worry-free shopping features include price protection and extended warranties on eligible items you buy with your card. When you pay your cellphone bill with your Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card, you’ll also get coverage for your smartphone against theft or damage. Mastercard Airport Concierge allows you to arrange for a rep to meet you once you land at an airport. They can help you with immigration processes, transporting luggage, lining up chauffeured transportation and more.
Zero liability and ID theft protection.
Protect yourself from unauthorized purchases and identity theft with help restoring your credit after an incident.
What to watch out for
- Potentially high APR. Depending on your creditworthiness, Fifth Third Bank may extend purchase and balance transfer APR that’s as high as 25.74% variable. The average credit card APR is around 16%.
- No signup bonus. Most rewards credit cards let you earn a bonus when you signup. If that’s what you want, compare cards with large signup bonuses.
- Foreign transaction fees. Avoid using this card abroad or online with foreign merchants. Otherwise, you’ll pay a 3% fee of the amount of every transaction.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Your name, address and contact details.
- Financial information, like your total annual income.
- Identifying information, such as your Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
To increase your chances of approval, apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Compare cashback credit cards
Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card reviews and complaints.
You won’t find many online customer reviews for this card. The few we found were from cardholders happy about fast approval and a high credit limit.
As of October 2020, Fifth Third Bank is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has earned an A+ rating. Most complaints have been answered or resolved according to the BBB, which is a good sign of support.
I got the card. Now what?
- Sign up for an online account. Monitor your spending, pay bills and check in on your rewards easily.
- Avoid interest. To avoid unnecessary interest on your purchases, pay off your card bill within the grace period. Balance transfers accrue interest from the day you make them.
- Avoid fees. For each late payment, you could pay a fee as high as $38.
- Keep track of your rewards. Redeem your points for donations to SU2C, gift cards, statement credit and more.
- Get help. Call 800-972-3030 or the number on the back of your card to speak with a personal banking rep.
The Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card offers the potential to donate to a worthy cause with everyday spending. But you might be able to donate more with an excellent rewards card offering stronger cash back.
Frequently asked questions
Images: Fifth Third Bank
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
When you do the math, some charity credit cards don’t contribute much to their partner organizations. The Stand Up To Cancer® Credit Card is different, allowing you multiple ways to support Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) with contributions that can add up substantially.
You can potentially earn more with a stronger rewards card by cashing out rewards and forwarding a contribution to SU2C yourself.