Add a unique twist to your kitchen creations.
Spiralizers transform fruit and vegetables into spiral-shaped noodles to give your cooking a fun and healthy twist. They’ve experienced a spike in popularity in the past couple of years and are now much more widely available.
Compare popular spiralizers
|Type||Number of blades||Dimmensions (mm)||Weight (kg)||Purchase|
Lifestyle Dynamics SpiraLife
||$10.97||Handheld||2||76 x 76 x 127||0.2||Buy now|
||$8.62||Handheld||2||145 x 60 x 60||0.2||Buy now|
Brieftons 5-Blade (BR-5B-02)
||$24.99||Tabletop||5||275 x 130 x 203||0.95||Buy now|
Spiralizer 5-Blade PS-10
||$24.99||Tabletop||5||320 x 170.18 x 241.3||0.91||Buy now|
What is a spiralizer?
A spiralizer is a kitchen utensil or appliance that cuts fruits and vegetables into spirals. These pasta-like noodles and ribbons can then form a garnish or the base of a healthy main dish — zucchini pasta, anyone? Spiralizing food can be a great way to get fussy kids to get their daily serve of fruits and veggies.
Basic spiralizers tend to create noodles of one shape and size, but there are plenty of more advanced models available that can make noodles of different widths and shapes — some even peel vegetables.
Why should I consider a spiralizer?
There are several reasons why a spiralizer could be a useful addition to your kitchen:
- Get creative. If you’re tired of serving up fruit and vegetables to your friends and family in the same old way, a spiralizer can help you mix things up a bit. They allow you to try your hand at a wide range of new recipes you may not otherwise consider.
- Great-looking results. If you fancy yourself as something of a master chef, a good-quality spiralizer can help you create dishes that look quite impressive.
- Healthy habits. Love pasta but want fewer carbs in your diet? Spiralizers make it easier to incorporate a host of healthy ingredients into your everyday meals.
- Good for fussy eaters. If you face a daily battle to get your kids to eat fruit and vegetables, a spiralizer can help turn the foods they dread into something unusual, interesting and even fun.
Who shouldn’t consider a spiralizer?
A spiralizer might not be a must-have in your kitchen if:
- You’re not worried about finding new ways to dish up fruits and veggies
- You don’t cook frequently at home
Sprializers range in price, so consider picking up a cheaper model if you’re not sure you’ll use it.
What types are available?
If you want to buy a spiralizer for your kitchen, there are three main options to consider:
- Lightweight and compact, these portable units are typically the cheapest of the bunch. They’re a useful entry point for anyone who wants to experiment with spiralizing. Handheld models often come with fixed blades, but some models offer interchangeable ones. However, they’re more labor-intensive than countertop models and may not be suited to firmer vegetables.
- These models sit on your kitchen counter and require you to manually turn a crank to cut your food into spirals. They tend to feature interchangeable blades so you can cut a variety of shapes. Most let you spiralize your fruits and veggies horizontally, but some models allow you to feed in your items vertically.
- At the top end of the price range are electric spiralizers, which support interchangeable blades and don’t require any effort on your part. Some of these products are dedicated spiralizing appliances, but some food processors and mixers also come with spiralizer attachments.
How to compare spiralizers
Before choosing a spiralizer, think carefully about what you want to use it for, how often you plan on using it and how much you’re willing to spend. This will help you choose a spiralizer that’s the best fit for your requirements.
Factors to consider when comparing spiralizers include:
Which spiralizer is best for me?
The best spiralizer for you depends on your budget and the type of cooking you do. If you only plan on using your spiralizer occasionally, a cheaper handheld model may be all you need.
But if you’re looking for an appliance to use regularly to create a variety of beautiful dishes, an electric spiralizer could provide excellent value for money.
|The good||The bad|
|Hamilton Beach 3-in-1||
|Lifestyle Dynamics SpiraLife||
|ScharfPro Vertical Self-Pressure||
A spiralizer can be an excellent addition to any kitchen. Because they come in a wide range of prices, you can pick the one that best suits your cooking needs and budget.
How did we choose these products?
We considered factors like type, price, size and overall features when choosing our list of the best spiralizers. We also performed our own online research and considered third-party online reviews.