Earn unlimited points for travel with this card that comes with a whopping 60,000 bonus points at signup and more.
- Get this card if… you frequently fly Southwest Airlines and are looking to earn rewards quickly with the help of your employees.
- Pick something else if… you’re looking for more redemption options or want free airport lounge access.
- Excellent credit score of 720 to 850 recommended.
|Product Name||Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||17.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||17.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 20 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$39|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Good (700-739)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$39|
|Late Payment Fee||$39|
|Cash Advance Fee||$15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card’s travel perks and bonuses can rapidly make its $99 p.a. annual fee worth it. Free employee cards can get you there even more quickly.
To get you started on racking up travel deals, Chase extends a generous 60,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 in the first three months after account opening and 6,000 bonus points on each account anniversary. You’ll save on baggage and change fees when you fly Southwest with this card, with no foreign transaction fees to boot.
|Review Site||Reviewer||Star Rating|
|ValuePenguin||Robert Harrow||4.5/5 (88%)|
|Review Site||Star Rating||Review Count|
|Credit Karma||4/5||23 reviews|
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card is for frequent travelers on the low-cost, no-frills Southwest Airlines. Everyday purchases earn 1x points, with double the points for purchases made directly with Southwest.
If you frequently fly Southwest, you can quickly earn back the $99 p.a. annual fee shelled out to use this card.
- 60,000-point signup bonus. New cardholders can start with a hefty point haul by spending $3,000 in the first three months. Points are added to your Rapid Rewards account within eight weeks.
- 6,000-point anniversary bonus. As long as your account remains in good standing, you’ll be rewarded with bonus points on your anniversary.
- Free employee cards. Set up employees on your account to earn faster rewards. You can set individual spending limits for each card.
- Tiered rewards for spending. Every dollar spent on Southwest — including airfare, flight amenities, gift cards and vacation packages — earns 2x points. Purchases made through participating Rapid Rewards hotel and rental car partners also earn 2x points. You’ll earn 1x points on all other purchases.
- Easy points redemptions. Points are deposited to your Rapid Rewards account at the end of each billing cycle. Redeem them for unlimited reward seats on any Southwest Airlines flight with no blackout dates.
- Free baggage and changes. Check up to two bags per ticket for free, and reschedule flights without the worry of hefty fees.
- No foreign transaction fees. Pay no fees when you use this card outside of the US.
- Travel and purchase protection. Peace of mind comes in the form of lost luggage reimbursement, baggage delay insurance, extended warranty protection and purchase protection.
- Companion Pass status. Accumulate more than 100,000 points or complete at least 100 one-way Southwest segments in a year to save on free companion passes.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. If you’re not a fan of this no-frills airline, there’s no point in paying $99 p.a. for this card.
- No intro APR. You’ll start paying interest on outstanding balances from the first billing cycle.
- No airport lounge access. While some popular airline cards provide complimentary airport lounge access, this feature is missing from the Rapid Rewards Premier Business card.
Compare other Chase credit cards
What you should know before applying
Apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business card if:
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a citizen or permanent resident of the US.
- You have a business registered in the US.
- You have a valid Taxpayer Identification Number.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score should I have?
An excellent credit score of 720 to 850 will increase the chances of your application’s approval.
How do I apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card?
To apply for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business card, you’ll need to provide personal and financial details including:
- Your full name and contact information
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
- The legal name of your business
- Your Taxpayer Identification Number
- Other financial information as required
1. Go to Southwest.com, find the Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card and click Apply Now.
2. Complete your business details and financial information and click Next.
3. Enter your or your designated officer’s contact and financial information and click Next.
4. Enter your phone numbers, email address, date of birth and other identifying info and click Next.
5. Request employee cards, if you’d like. Then review your application and click Submit.
I got the card. Now what?
Use the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business card to rack up points toward future travel. But exercise caution to avoid fees and unnecessary interest.
- Monitor account activity. Sign up with Chase to track the account activity of all cards linked to your account online.
- Redeem points. Redeem accumulated points for seats on Southwest, subject to availability.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of at least 20 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments and returned checks come with hefty fees of up to $39. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Get support. Contact Chase at 800-792-0001, on Twitter @ChaseSupport or through secure email on its website.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card can be a solid option for frequent flyers of this low-cost carrier looking for rewards on travel and everyday spending. But there could be better travel perks for the taking with other airline frequent flyer credit cards out there.