Whether you run a sole proprietorship or a small business, AccountEdge can help.
AccountEdge is an accounting software created by Acclivity (creators of the popular MYOB software) that aims to simplify how small businesses carry out accounting tasks. AccountEdge provides over 100,000 customers with serialized inventory and commissions, features you would typically find in higher end solutions.
Both versions give you the ability to turn quotes to invoices, manage your banking, process credit card payments, run reports and get free email support. What also helps is that you can begin by making use of its free trial.
Pricing and packages
Both, AccountEdge Basic and AccountEdge Pro come with free 30 day trials. Once you decide to get the paid version, here’s what the pricing would look like.
|Plan||AccountEdge Basic||AccountEdge Pro|
|Details||With AccountEdge Basic you cab issue quotes and invoices, get instant reports, simplify your tax calculations, track payments, and create general ledgers.||The AccountEdge Pro edition gives you all the features that AccountEdge Basic does with a few extras, like inventory and mileage tracking.|
|Mobile support||iPad, iPhone and iPod||iPad, iPhone and iPod|
|Free Trial||30-day free trial||30-day free trial|
|Cost – New users||$99||$399 ($199 when upgrading from Basic)|
|Version update cost||$79||$159 for single users and $249 for multiple users.|
|Additional users||N/A||$249 per user or $999 for five-pack workstation|
|Details||The same features as Pro with added features, like completing tasks from anywhere on any device, applying time to a payroll category, and directly syncing your account with the cloud.|
|Mobile support||Web browser on any mobile device, plus iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android smartphones, and Windows tablets.|
|Free Trial||30-day trial|
|Price for 1 user (Small)||$10 per month|
|Price for 5 users (Medium)||$25 per month|
|Price for 10 users (Large)||$50 per month|
|Price for 50 users (Extra Large)||$100 per month|
Features and benefits
- Quotes and invoices. You can use AccountEdge to create customized quotes and invoices. Convert quotes to invoices with a single click.
- Manage banking. AccountEdge can simplify how you write checks. It lets you reconcile your bank account with ease and you can also use it to prepare bank deposits.
- Data management. This software gives you easy means to track different kinds of customer, vendor and employee related information.
- Payroll processing. If you wish to streamline employee payments, you can subscribe to the Payroll Tax Service. The Payroll Forms Service gives you up to date forms and the option to pay via direct debit You also have the option of signing up for Full Service Payroll.
- Credit card processing. Process credit card payments easily from within the software and you can also consider getting the optional card reader.
- Serialized inventory. This feature is part of AccountEdge Pro. Product-based businesses such as wholesalers, manufacturers, and resellers can easily track serial numbers from purchase to sales, and even after the fact with warranty tracking. You can choose particular serial numbers to sell when creating invoices and link warranties to these serial numbers, which activate upon the selling of a given item.
- Commission tracking. This is another feature you find only in AccountEdge Pro. You have the option of fixing amounts or percentages as commission, and you can also create custom rates per activity or per item. You can choose between paying commission on sale dates and payment dates. You also have the option of adding payments to paychecks or writing separate checks.
- Switch from QuickBooks. If you’re considering switching from QuickBooks you can look forward to a seamless transition, thanks to AccountEdge’s customer support and easy-to-use software.