Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Alternatives to WorldRemit
Explore money transfer services similar to WorldRemit to help you find the best deal.
Updated . What changed?
Whether you’re seeking alternatives to WorldRemit because it isn’t offered in your area, you need higher transfer limits or you want cheaper transfer options, check out what other options you have using the list below.
We’ve compiled some of the most popular money transfer companies that hit the same notes as WorldRemit but excel in other areas where WorldRemit is lacking.
TransferWise offers users the mid-market rate for its transfers and is one of few companies to do so, so what you see on Google is the rate you’ll exchange at.
Why pick TransferWise instead?
- Guaranteed better exchange rates
- Minimum transfer of $1, good for small transfers
- High fees can offset the benefits of mid-market exchange rates
- Limited currency options compared to WorldRemit
- XE Money Transfer
XE offers transfers without an added fee and is backed by a well-known brand in the currency exchange industry.
Why pick XE Money Transfer instead?
- No additional fees
- Competitive exchange rates
- Max transfer is $500,000 per transaction
- Doesn’t accept cash or card payments
- No cash pickup option
- Must pay and transfer via bank accounts
OFX is a good alternative for sending large amounts, especially since it waives its transfer fees when sending $10,000 or more. There is also no maximum sending limit.
- Western Union
With over 145 years in the business, Western Union has over 500,000 locations and a wide assortment of money transfer options.
Why pick Western Union instead?
- Trusted provider since 1871
- 500,000+ global locations
- Flat fees
- Weak exchange rates are often 5% more than the mid-market rate
- Often more expensive than other, smaller transfer companies
InstaReM is one of very few money transfer services to offer the mid-market currency exchange rate, but only for some currencies during certain hours of the day.
Why pick InstaReM instead?
- Transparent fees
- Same-day transfers for most supported currencies
- Loyalty points system that can be redeemed against transactions
- Transfers must be sent to a bank account
- Must pay via bank transfer
- Fewer supported currencies than many competitors
Xoom is smaller than WorldRemit but typically offers more competitive fees to the countries it operates in.
Why pick Xoom instead?
- Money-back guarantee if your transfer doesn’t arrive on time
- Integrates with PayPal accounts
- Operates in fewer than 50 countries
- Low maximum sending limits of $2,999
- Transfer fees can vary depending on sending method, amount and destination
Still looking for other options?
Use the table below to see some of the other popular money transfer companies in the industry that we didn’t list above. You can compare how much a transfer would cost for each of them by entering the amount you want to send and the destination. Alternatively, learn more about WorldRemit in our review.
More guides on Finder
WorldRemit gearing up to acquire Sendwave
Money transfer provider Sendwave may soon be acquired by WorldRemit. Here’s what we know so far.
Reseña de Remitly: Transferencias de dinero
Lee nuestra reseña de Remitly para descubrir por qué esta opción rápida y competitiva podría ser ideal para tu próxima transferencia internacional de dinero.
How do we pick the top money transfer services?
Our top picks are our selection of the best money transfer services, based on our extensive research and market experience. Here’s how we choose them.
Sending money to Mexico during the coronavirus
Learn how COVID-19 may affect how you transfer cash across the border.
Alternatives to InstaReM
Find the best alternative websites to InstaReM for online money transfers.
Remitly vs. Western Union
We compare Remitly and Western Union to see which service can offer you a better deal.
Remitly vs. PayPal
Compare a well-known payments giant to the newer Remitly and see which one can give you a better deal.
Remitly vs. TransferWise
Remitly and TransferWise’s fees, exchange rates and speeds compared side by side.
Remitly promo codes and discounts
Don’t pay too much. Get a discount on Remitly transfer fees using one of the latest promo codes, coupons or deals.
WorldRemit vs. PayPal
We compare the exchange rates, fees and transfer times of WorldRemit and PayPal to see which service offers the best value on your next money transfer.
Ask an Expert