Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Alternatives to WorldRemit
Explore money transfer services similar to WorldRemit to help you find the best deal.
We’ve compiled some of the most popular money transfer companies that hit the same notes as WorldRemit but excel in other areas where WorldRemit is lacking.
Wise offers users the mid-market rate for its transfers and is one of few companies to do so, so what you see on Google is the rate you’ll exchange at.
Why pick Wise instead?
- Guaranteed better exchange rates
- Minimum transfer of $1, good for small transfers
- High fees can offset the benefits of mid-market exchange rates
- Limited currency options compared to WorldRemit
- XE Money Transfer
XE offers low-fee transfers and is backed by a well-known brand in the currency exchange industry.
Why pick XE Money Transfer instead?
- Low fees
- Competitive exchange rates
- Max transfer is $500,000 per transaction
- Doesn’t accept cash or card payments
- No cash pickup option
- Must pay and transfer via bank accounts
OFX is a good alternative for sending large amounts, especially since it waives its transfer fees when sending $10,000 or more. There is also no maximum sending limit.
- Western Union
With over 145 years in the business, Western Union has over 500,000 locations and a wide assortment of money transfer options.
Why pick Western Union instead?
- Trusted provider since 1871
- 500,000+ global locations
- Flat fees
- Weak exchange rates are often 5% more than the mid-market rate
- Often more expensive than other, smaller transfer companies
Instarem is one of very few money transfer services to offer the mid-market currency exchange rate, but only for some currencies during certain hours of the day.
Why pick Instarem instead?
- Transparent fees
- Same-day transfers for most supported currencies
- Loyalty points system that can be redeemed against transactions
- Transfers must be sent to a bank account
- Must pay via bank transfer
- Fewer supported currencies than many competitors
Xoom is smaller than WorldRemit but typically offers more competitive fees to the countries it operates in.
Why pick Xoom instead?
- Money-back guarantee if your transfer doesn’t arrive on time
- Integrates with PayPal accounts
- Operates in fewer than 50 countries
- Low maximum sending limits of $2,999
- Transfer fees can vary depending on sending method, amount and destination
Still looking for other options?Alternatively, learn more about WorldRemit in our review.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Ask an Expert