Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Alternatives to Walmart2World
Here are the best money transfer providers like Walmart2Walmart or Walmart2World.
Walmart operates two types of transfers: Walmart2Walmart, which is powered by Ria, and Walmart2World, which is powered by MoneyGram. Both of these services allow you to send money, though both of them could benefit from lower fees, more competitive exchange rates and higher maximum limit caps.
Use this list of alternatives to Walmart to discover how other companies can provide more trading tools and better rates.
- XE Money Transfer
XE focuses on global currency transfers to bank accounts, so it lacks things like cash pickup and same-currency transfers. Like Walmart, XE allows you to transfer to many countries, but it one-ups Walmart by not charging any money transfer fees and imposing no maximum transfer limit.
Why pick XE Money Transfer instead?
- No transfer fees
- Max transfer is per transaction
- Support for over 55 currencies
- Bank-to-bank transfers only
- Transfers can take up to five days
WorldRemit matches Walmart by providing transfer options to more than 140 countries through online, bank-to-bank and cash transfers. They both have low maximum transfer limits, but WorldRemit’s flat low fees and competitive rates make it a viable alternative.
Why pick WorldRemit instead?
- Easy three-step transfer process
- Transfer to mobile wallet accounts
- Mobile airtime account transfers supported
- Transparent fees and exchange rates
- Relatively small daily maximum transfer amount of $9,000
- Government-issued ID required
- Mobile airtime, cash pickups and door-to-door transfer not available in every country
- Western Union
Western Union has been in the money transfer business since 1871 and has over 500,000 agent locations worldwide, making it a serious competitor for cash pickup and in-person transfers. However, like Walmart, it suffers from weak exchange rates and fees that are often bested by smaller companies.
Why pick Western Union instead?
- Trusted money transfer provider for 145+ years
- Low minimum transfer of $1
- 500,000+ locations
- Weak exchange rates that can be almost 5% higher than the mid-market rate
- Higher fees compared to other companies on this list
OFX does not have any maximum transfer limits, which makes it a good option when you need to send more than Walmart’s $2,500 limit. OFX also charges no fees and offers competitive exchange rates. However, a high minimum yearly transfer requirement may deter some senders from using OFX.
Why pick OFX instead?
- No maximum transfer limit
- Can set up scheduled and recurring transfers
- No transfer fees
- Hedging options such as forward contracts and limit orders
- Can only send to a bank account
- Must verify new accounts by phone
- High minimum transfer amount of $1,000
- Doesn’t use the mid-market rate
- Only accepts bank transfers as payment
Xoom has a smaller reach than Walmart, so make sure your destination is on the list before starting a transfer. Both companies offer low minimum transfer amounts, but Xoom has a higher maximum transfer limit. Xoom stands out with its money-back guarantee if your transfer doesn’t arrive on time — a rare perk in the money transfer industry.
Why pick Xoom instead?
- Money-back guarantee if your transfer is late
- Integrates with your PayPal account
- Smaller network
- Low maximum sending limit
- Transfer fees vary depending on sending method, amount and destination
Still looking for other options?
Use the table below to find even more alternatives to Walmart money transfers. You can input how much you want to send, and to where, and you’ll be able to see details of the most popular transfer companies. Alternatively, learn more about Walmart Money Transfers in our review.
More guides on Finder
Reseña de Remitly: Transferencias de dinero
Lee nuestra reseña de Remitly para descubrir por qué esta opción rápida y competitiva podría ser ideal para tu próxima transferencia internacional de dinero.
Enviar dinero a México durante el coronavirus
Descubre cómo el COVID-19 podría afectar la forma en la que transfieres dinero a México.
Sending money to Mexico during the coronavirus
Learn how COVID-19 may affect how you transfer cash across the border.
XE vs. OFX money transfers
Check out this side-by-side comparison of XE and OFX to find out which provider offers the best value on international money transfers.
Alternatives to InstaReM
Find the best alternative websites to InstaReM for online money transfers.
Remitly vs. Western Union
We compare Remitly and Western Union to see which service can offer you a better deal.
Remitly vs. PayPal
Compare a well-known payments giant to the newer Remitly and see which one can give you a better deal.
WorldRemit vs. PayPal
We compare the exchange rates, fees and transfer times of WorldRemit and PayPal to see which service offers the best value on your next money transfer.
WorldRemit vs. Sendwave
We compare WorldRemit and Sendwave side by side to help you find the best value for money on your next international money transfer to Africa.
WorldRemit vs. Ria
We compare the exchange rates, transaction fees and transfer times of WorldRemit and Ria to find out which one offers better value for money.
Ask an Expert