Sites like OFX for sending a money transfer
OFX offers transfers and exchanges into 55 different currencies. If you’re a larger business looking to pay for exports or just need to transfer a larger sum to an account overseas, this service may be ideal.
- 24-hour customer support
- Available in 195 countries and 55 currencies
- Offers scheduled and recurring transfers
- iOS and Android apps available for mobile transfer and tracking
- Minimum transfer of $1,000
If OFX isn’t offered in your country or you’re shopping around, compare them to the services below.
OFX International Money Transfers
Exclusive offer for finder.com customers:
OFX are offering exclusive exchange rates to finder.com customers – which means your recipient could receive more in their bank.
- No fees: There is a $0 online transfer fee for all finder.com customers.
- Special exchange rates: Discounted rates are applied and will be shown along with the transactional rates.
TransferWise is a money transfer site designed to help you save money on exchanges through a peer-to-peer system. Its unique system allows you to exchange your funds with those of another seeking to convert their money to your currency. It’s basically trading money with another person, but it doesn’t cross borders.
- Maximum 1% fee
- $3 minimum fee
- Minimum transfer of $1
- Maximum transfer of $36,000,000
- Apps for both iOS and Android
- Uses mid-market exchange rate with no hidden fees
- Transfers to bank accounts. No cash pickup option.
HiFX is a service designed to help you transfer your funds to a bank in a foreign currency. If you’re working far from home, HiFX is ideal for getting cash to your family or making investments overseas. Given how easy it is to transfer your money to foreign companies in their currency, it’s especially ideal for business accounts.
- One of the most trusted money transfer names in the UK
- Competitive exchange rates save you money in the long run
- Quick turnaround means transfer is complete in 1 to 4 days
- Rate comparison tool not available until after you’ve registered with the site
3. World Remit
WorldRemit provides a variety of transfer options in more than 120 countries worldwide, including online, bank-to-bank and cash transfers. Fees vary by country you’re sending funds to and the global exchange rate at the time of your transfer. WorldRemit is ideal for small businesses, offering transfers from $1 to $2,000.
- Flexible payment options
- Easy three-step transfer process
- Transfers to mobile wallet accounts
- Cash pickup available
- Mobile airtime account transfers
- The higher your transfer, the greater the transfer fees
TorFX is a strict money exchange and transfer company that focuses on getting your funds where they need to go quickly. Unlike other services, it requires that funds to be cleared by individuals who hold TorFX accounts. The money must be sent in advance before the transaction can be performed. TorFX cares about its customers, with clarity and friendly service two of its highest priorities.
- Competitive exchange rates
- Free market news
- Fixed exchange rate protection
- Can save you 5% on bank exchange rates
- No bank charges or commissions
- Consult with currency experts
- Potential risks of exchange include market volatility
- Can only send from Australia
- Users report technical and administrative problems that delay transfers
Currencies Direct is an international money transfer service dedicated to helping its customers save more when transferring money internationally. With 39 currencies to choose from (and others that can be discussed with the company itself), it is more flexible than other money transfer services. So long as there’s a bank account available, Currencies Direct will transfer and exchange your funds at a low flat rate.
- No fees for 90% of its transactions
- Worldwide service
- Competitive exchange rates
- Low minimum transfer of $100
- Supports large transactions at a seemingly unlimited max
- Monitors exchange rates for your ideal transfer
- No cash pickup option
- Does not support all currencies (though you can contact them if yours isn’t listed)
Around for more than 160 years, Western Union continues to make it easy for you to transfer money in the United States and overseas. In more than 200 countries and territories across the globe and with more than 500,000 agent locations worldwide, money pickups are a breeze.
- Low minimum transfer of $1
- Send money in minutes
- Transfer to a wide range of countries
- Competitive live exchange rates updated regularly
- Multiple transfer options
- Trusted provider
- Can be more expensive than other transfer companies
Sharemoney is a part of the Omnex group, a company that’s specialized in money transfers for over 25 years. Its constantly expanding service range and offer door-to-door and cash pickup options on top of the usual transfer techniques.
- Low transfer fees
- Exchange rate calculator helps you see just how much money you’ll get for your dollar
- Fast and easy service
- Door-to-door delivery in as short as 48 hours
- Discounts available on Facebook
- Doesn’t transfer to every country
- Exact location must be specified for cash pickup
- Daily transfer limits of $9,999
Need to send less? There are several options that allow you to send less than $1,000:
Want a no-fee transaction and lower rates?
OFX is offering an exclusive deal to finder.com readers that includes special exchange rates and $0 transfer fees.
Minimum and Maximum transfer limits by Provider
|Provider||Type of transfer provider||Minimum transfer amount||Maximum transfer amount|
|OFX||Online transfer provider||$150||No limit|
|HiFX||Online transfer provider||$50||No limit|
|World First||Online transfer provider||$250||No limit|
|WorldRemit||Online transfer provider||$0||No limit|
|Travelex International Payments||Online transfer provider||$500||No limit|
|TorFX||Online transfer provider||$200||No limit|
|Currency Online||Online transfer provider||$0||No limit|
|Western Union||Online transfer provider||$1||$50,000.00|
|TransferWise||Online transfer provider||$1||$36,000.00|
|Xoom||Cash transfer provider||$1||$2999.99|
|MoneyGram||Cash transfer provider||$250||$2999.99|
|RIA||Online transfer provider||$1||$2999.99|