Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Huobi: Alternative exchanges and sites to consider
6 leading crypto-to-crypto exchanges worth comparing with Huobi.
Huobi is one of the biggest crypto exchanges in the world, allowing its users to trade bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and dozens of other digital currencies. It offers trading fees of 0.2%, doesn’t charge any deposit or withdrawal fees and offers discounted trading fees to customers who pay for VIP membership with Huobi Tokens (HT).
Huobi is well worth considering if you’re looking for a crypto-to-crypto trading platform, but it’s far from the only option in this highly competitive market. To help you shop around for a crypto exchange that meets your trading needs, we’ve gathered the details of six of the best sites like Huobi.
Exchanges like Huobi
When searching for exchanges like Huobi, we based our comparisons on the following criteria:
- Type of trading. Huobi specializes in crypto-to-crypto trading, so any site included in this list needs to offer the same option.
- The number of cryptocurrencies supported. Huobi lists more than 190 currency pairs, so we searched for platforms offering access to a wide range of digital currencies.
- Fees. Huobi doesn’t charge any deposit fees but does charge small withdrawal fees, and maker and taker fees are set at a competitive 0.2%.
- Transaction limits. The maximum amount you can withdraw per day from a verified Huobi account is 200 BTC, and minimum and maximum trade limits also apply. We considered the limits imposed by the exchanges included in this list and how they compare to Huobi.
- Ease of access. Available on Windows and Mac operating systems as well as through iOS and Android apps, Huobi offers a number of convenient trading options.
- Customer service. Huobi offers 24/7 customer service and an online help center.
Top exchanges like Huobi
- Crypto-to-crypto trading of more than 100 digital currencies
- 0.1% trading fees
Hong Kong-based KuCoin is another crypto-to-crypto trading platform that doesn’t support fiat currency. Launched in 2017, it allows users to buy and sell dozens of leading crypto assets, all with trading fees of 0.1%. Users who hold KuCoin Shares, the platform’s native currency, can access further fee discounts and also receive dividends from the trading fees collected on the platform.
It also offers Android and iOS trading apps, although the iOS app was in the beta testing phase at the time of this writing (June 2018).
- Crypto-to-crypto trading of more than 130 digital currencies
- Also offers fiat-to-crypto trading
Headquartered in Hong Kong, OKEx lists more than 130 cryptocurrencies and offers multiple fiat deposit options alongside cryptocurrency transfers. Trading fees charged by the platform vary depending on the volume of trades you complete per month, ranging from 0.15% maker and 0.2% taker fees for casual traders, to 0.02% maker and 0.05% taker fees for users who trade 120,000 BTC or more every 30 days.
OKEx clients are also available for download to Windows and Mac computers and Android and iOS mobiles, but the mobile apps were in a closed beta phase at the time of this writing.
- Crypto-to-crypto trading of 70 digital currencies
- Also offers fiat-to crypto trading and margin trading
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is another of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges. It allows users to access crypto-to-crypto trading on dozens of digital currencies, while it also offers support for fiat deposits. Trading fees vary depending on monthly trading volume, ranging from 0.1% to 0% for market makers and 0.2% to 0.1% for market takers.
There’s also an OTC desk for high-volume traders, as well as a trading app available from Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
- Crypto-to-crypto trading of more than 80 digital currencies
- Market makers receive a fee rebate
Launched in 2017, QRYPTOS is the crypto-to-crypto trading platform of Japan’s QUOINE Corporation, which also offers a fiat-to-crypto exchange known as QUOINEX. With more than 80 digital currencies available, it offers plenty of choice for anyone looking to build a diverse portfolio. QRYPTOS charges a market taker fee of 0.15% but offers a 0.075% rebate to market makers.
The site also offers its own ICO platform but doesn’t have any trading apps.
Things to consider about exchanges like Huobi
If you’re searching for an exchange like Huobi, make sure to consider the following features:
- Crypto-to-crypto. Do you want a site that offers crypto-to-crypto trading only, like Huobi, or would you like the convenience of a platform that also supports fiat deposits?
- Fees. Look at the trading fees that apply on each platform you’re considering, and determine if they vary based on your trading volume or whether you’re a market maker or taker. Don’t forget to also check if any deposit or withdrawal fees apply.
- Discounts. Does the platform offer a native currency that you can use to access discounted trading fees and other benefits?
- Cryptocurrencies supported. How many coins does each exchange support? Are they popular currencies or rare altcoins? What sort of trading volume does the exchange support for any currency you want to trade?
- Security features. Does the exchange offer important security features to help protect your funds, for example, 2-factor authentication and cold wallet storage? Has it ever been hacked?
- Customer support. Don’t forget to check how and when you can get in touch with the exchange’s customer support team to determine if they have a good reputation for providing prompt responses. Also, search the exchange for an online help center where you can find the answers to frequently asked questions, trading guides and more.
For more information on how to choose an exchange, check out our cryptocurrency exchange guide.
Choosing a cryptocurrency exchange can be a complicated and confusing task. There are dozens of worthy contenders to choose from, and each of them has its own pros and cons.
If you’re looking for a site like Huobi that offers the chance to buy and sell a wide range of digital coins and tokens, comparing the features of the sites included in this article is a good place to start.
That way you’ll be able to compare trading fees, supported currencies, ease of use and a range of other aspects to decide which platform is the best fit for your needs.
Disclosure: At the time of this writing, the author holds ADA, ICX, IOTA and XLM.
More guides on Finder
Crypto market dives but Ethereum’s price remains strong — here’s why
Mark Cuban was recently quoted as saying Ether is the only true payments-centric currency available in the crypto market today.
Ethereum breaks new record price and looks set to go higher
An increasing number of traditional banking institutions like Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley have continued to enter the crypto fray in recent weeks.
Review: FTX US cryptocurrency exchange
What you need to know about using FTX US, including fees, available cryptocurrencies and what payment methods are available.
Ethereum price stays stable at around $1,800 despite mounting fee concerns
Prominent DeFi projects have expanded their operations onto Binance’s Smart Chain ecosystem in light of rising gas fees.
Consider these apps like Robinhood
Investors prepare to jump ship after the platform limited trades on trending stocks like GME, BB and AMC.
Ethereum price: Massive slide as market faces bearish pressure
Ether has showcased an average drop of -6% over the last 7 days. A near-term surge seems increasingly unlikely.
Ethereum price: New all-time highs are close, with altcoins poised to follow
With ETH currently trading above the $1,200 threshold, experts believe that the digital currency is all set to smash its previous all-time high of $1,448.
Use this crypto-enabled prepaid card to spend, save or exchange in digital and traditional currencies.
Thorchain (RUNE): How it works and where to buy it
Learn more about the RUNE cryptocurrency with this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
Ask an Expert