We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Alternatives to CurrencyFair
Compare other transfer providers to see if there's a better deal for you.
CurrencyFair is known for low fees and competitive rates, but it isn’t available everywhere and has a limited range of currencies. If CurrencyFair doesn’t work for you or if you just want to see what else is out there, it’s worth comparing alternatives.
WorldRemit operates in a wide range of countries and currencies, and offers flexible options for receiving money, including sending money directly to a recipient’s phone as mobile airtime.
Why pick WorldRemit instead?
- Varied delivery options including mobile money, cash pickup, airtime top-up and cash delivery
- A wide range of currencies, including all the most popular and plenty of exotic ones
- Instant transfers available
- Fees and rates can vary widely depending on the situation
- A maximum transfer amount of $9,000 may rule out large transfers
InstaReM is one of a handful of providers that offers transfers at mid-market rates, which can make it especially cost-effective in some situations.
Why pick InstaReM instead?
- Offers the mid-market exchange rate
- Fees range from 0.1% to 1% of the total transfer
- Loyalty rewards
- $50 minimum transfer
- Limited range of currencies available
- Bank transfers only
- Percentage-based fee can take a bite out of larger transfers
OFX has a wide range of countries and currencies available, along with advanced features that let you lock in exchange rates or wait for exchange rates to swing in your favour.
Why pick OFX instead?
- Wide range of countries and currencies
- No fees for transfers above $10,000
- Limit orders and forward contracts
- No maximum transfer amount
- $15 fee for transfers under $10,000
- $1,000 minimum transfer size
- Bank transfer only
- Exchange rates may not always be the most competitive
Remitly serves a wide range of countries, with an emphasis on southeast Asia. It offers quick transfers and cash pickups in areas where few other providers do.
Why pick Remitly instead?
- Can pay through card or bank transfer
- Pickup options include bank transfers, cash pickups and mobile wallet deposits
- May waive fees for slower transfers
- Express transfers available at extra cost
- Specializes in sending to the Philippines
- Flat fees can vary widely
- Express transfers typically cost more
- Low maximum transfers without requesting raised limits
MoneyGram is known for covering an exceptionally wide range of countries and currencies, along with an extensive network of agent locations. MoneyGram lets you pay with cash, but the rates aren’t very competitive.
Why pick MoneyGram instead?
- Wide variety of payment and pickup options available
- Can send to most countries
- Same-day transfers available
- Low $1 minimum transfer amount
- Rates and fees can vary widely
- Maximum transfers of $10,000
Still looking for other options?
The best money transfer service depends on the situation. Some are better for larger transfers, while others focus on smaller transfers or certain currencies.
To help find the one that’s right for you, try entering the details of your transfer into the table below.
Ask an Expert