Simplifi by Quicken review
A budgeting app with responsive customer service, but it comes with a monthly fee.Simplifi is a budgeting tool by Quicken that helps you stay on top of your spending. You’ll get the insights you need to see where your finances are at, plan for the future and save like a pro. Simplifi even offers tips to help you maximize your savings and potentially get out of debt faster.
But Simplifi is still working on a few kinks in the app that may make you second-guess its subscription.
$5.99 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Kimberly Ellis is a writer at Finder. She hails from New York City with a BA from Queens College and a New York State teaching certificate. After teaching in both public and private schools, Kimberly decided to take the world by storm and dive into the media industry — where she covers everything from home loans and investing to K–12 education and shopping. She’s also an aspiring polyglot, always in a book and forever on the hunt for the perfect classic red lipstick.
Expert reviewSimplifi by Quicken offers a convenient way to track and view your cash flow and net worth. Like many budgeting apps, you’ll be able to pool all your finances into a single dashboard. Stay on top of your money by designing budgets, tracking your spending and creating savings goals.
But what sets it apart is its ability to import transactions, such as from your Apple credit card, so you can still get a holistic view of your finances even if you can’t connect to a specific financial institution yet. It also works across mobile devices and desktop computers unlike other budgeting apps like HomeBudget with Sync that requires you to purchase the software multiple times to use it on different platforms. Another highlight is that you can contact customer service any day of the week through email or its live chat support.
How to sign up
Start managing your finances with Simplifi in five steps:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- Select Start your free 30 day trial.
- Select the monthly or annual billing plan.
- Enter your email, phone number and password to create an account or log in with your existing Quicken ID and password.
- Enter your billing information and choose Subscribe, then hit Let’s Get Started.
How much does Simplifi cost?
Choose between a monthly or annual subscription after your 30-day free trial:
- $5.99 per month
- $47.99 per year — save close to $24 a year
Is Simplifi safe to use?
Yes, your information is secure with Simplifi. It uses 256 bit-encryption to securely transmit your confidential data from your bank servers. Simplifi doesn’t store your data but instead pulls the information to update your accounts.
6 pros of Simplifi
Like most budgeting apps, Simplifi connects to over 14,000 financial institutions to see all your income, expenses, accounts and net worth in a single dashboard. It also comes with these advantages:
- Syncs from mobile to desktop. Unlike some budgeting apps that only work on one device or make you pay to download the app onto other platforms, Simplifi works on iOS and Android devices, as well as any computer with an Internet connection.
- Customizable. Create your own spending categories and tags.
- Get insights and set budgets. See your spending habits with easy-to-read, aesthetically pleasing graphs. And compose a personalized spending plan so you can see where your money is going and what’s left to spend.
- Create savings goals. Set up savings goals and track your progress.
- Import transactions. Unlike budgeting apps like Mint, Simplifi lets you manually import transactions in CSV format so you can include data from accounts that it doesn’t support yet.
- Responsive customer service. Unlike some budgeting apps that only offer email support, you can live chat with a Simplifi team member every day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT from any device by going to the Help Center.
3 cons of Simplifi
Consider these drawbacks before subscribing to Simplifi:
- Only one currency. Simplifi currently only supports US banks and USD, which means foreign currencies and cryptocurrencies are a no-go.
- No rollover. You can’t roll over unused funds from a spending category from one month to another.
- Reports of bugs. Customers report bugs, including duplicate entries and unresponsive buttons. But they also comment that customer support is very responsive to the issues, but the development team is a bit slower when it comes to fixing glitches.
If you need to account for multiple currencies in your budget, you should consider another budgeting app.
Simplifi reviews and complaintsSimplifi doesn’t have a Trustpilot or Better Business Bureau page yet. But there are quite a few reviews on the Apple and Google Play app stores. iOS users give the Simplifi budgeting app a 4.2 out of 5-star rating based on 838 reviews, while Android customers rate Simplifi with a 3.4 out of 5-star rating based on 762 reviews.
Customers enjoy Simplifi’s effortless onboarding process, and the app itself is comprehensive and easy to navigate. Several users cite a lack of functionality for its investment accounts, especially compared to apps like Personal Capital, and its limitations for tax purposes such as integrations with Turbo Tax.
Compare Simplifi to other budgeting apps
Use this table to compare fees and features so you can find the budgeting app that best fits your financial needs.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.