Welcome to one of the lowest variable APR credit cards in the market, the Simmons Visa®
The Simmons Visa® offers multiple perks, and has been named best credit card by numerous publications. The card is accessible worldwide, and is accepted anywhere that takes Visa. The Simmons Visa® isn’t just an emergency expense tool. It also provides multiple benefits, including travel insurance and rental car coverage.
|Product Name||Simmons Visa®|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||10% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||14% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$4 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||2% of the transaction value|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
Simmons Visa® Review
If you’re tired of paying down your monthly balances with a high APR, the Simmons Visa® may be worth exploring. Formerly known as the Simmons Bank Visa® Platinum, this card has a 10% variable variable interest rate, and includes several helpful benefits. Transaction fees are low, and there are no annual or balance transfer fees.
Take advantage of the card’s many features, including global acceptance, up to $1,000,000 coverage in travel insurance, Visa Auto Rental Insurance and Emergency Cash and Credit Card Replacement protection. However, the Simmons Visa® does not offer rewards.
Benefits of the Simmons Visa®
- Global acceptance. This card is accepted anywhere that takes Visa, and allows you to withdraw cash from ATMs worldwide.
- Travel insurance. Travel insurance covers up to $1 million. This accidental death and dismemberment coverage applies when you purchase common carrier tickets with your Simmons Visa®. Travel insurance is included with the card, for free.
- No annual fee. You can enjoy a $0 annual fee.
- Car rental loss/damage waiver. Visa Auto Rental Insurance is included with your card, and provides protection from damage, theft and vandalism. To utilize this feature, you must decline the auto rental company’s collision waiver.
- Alerts. Sign up to receive alerts on your phone and email. If Simmons Bank suspects fraudulent activity on your card, they’ll contact you immediately. You can protect up to 10 Simmons Bank cards. Up to 10 mobile numbers can receive notifications.
- Statements. If you suspect there’s an error on your account statement, you can submit your claim to the company in writing, within 60 days of the statement’s mailing date.
- Transaction fees. As a cardholder, you don’t have to pay a fee for balances transferred. The foreign purchase transaction fee is 2%. For cash advances, you have to pay a fee of 3% of the amount of each cash advance, but not less than $4.
- Credit score. Excellent credit is required. Applicants that do not have excellent credit will not be approved.
- Emergency cash and credit card replacement. If you are traveling and your card gets lost or stolen, you are covered by the Emergency Cash and Credit Card Replacement feature.
How to apply for a Simmons Visa®
- Excellent credit
- US citizen
- If you are under 21 years old, and want to increase your account’s credit limit, you must first get it approved in writing.
Required documents & information:
- Full name
- Residential address
- Social Security number
- Email address
- Proof of employment and income amount
If you’re looking for a credit card with few fees, and a low interest rate, the Simmons Visa® card could be a helpful solution. Before choosing the Simmons Visa®, be sure to check out other cards similar to it.Back to top