Get a low APR on purchases and balance transfers on top of no balance transfer fees.
- Get this card if you don’t want to pay balance transfer fees and you want a low APR on balance transfers and purchases.
- Pick something else if you want a 0% intro APR.
- Apply with an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
|Product Name||Simmons Visa®|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||10.5% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR|
|Balance Transfer APR||10.5% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR|
|Cash Advance Rate||14.5% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||2% of the transaction value|
|Cash Advance Fee||$4 or 3% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 25 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $35|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $35|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
The Simmons Visa® is easily overlooked, but it’s a strong product. Few cards beat it for a low APR on purchases and balance transfers.
The card can also be a great pick for balance transfers, with no fees for all transfers. Just keep in mind that those balances will start accruing interest immediately at a 10.5% variable APR.
Annual fee: None.
A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the Simmons Visa® long term.
Low interest rate.
Receive a 10.5% variable APR on purchases and balance transfers. For cash advances and convenience checks, you’ll receive a 14.5% variable APR.
The purchase and balance transfer APR is a good rate at a full 6% lower than the average credit card APR of around 16%. This makes the Simmons Visa® a good choice if you plan to carry balances month to month.
No balance transfer fees.
The low rate and no balance transfer fees combined with the $0 annual fee makes the Simmons Visa® a valuable balance transfer card. You can make a zero-fee balance transfer, and pay off the debt over time. It’s similar to taking out a personal loan, without origination and processing fees.
You’ll also like …
Receive up to $1 million in travel accident insurance and free car rental coverage when you book travel with your card.
What to watch out for
No 0% intro APR.
The Simmons Visa® comes with a relatively low APR for purchases and balance transfers, but it doesn’t offer a 0% intro APR. You’ll find plenty of other cards that offer this.
Consider other cards if …
You want an intro APR on purchases and balance transfers.
If you have excellent credit, you may score a lower purchase and balance transfer APR with other cards such as these 0% intro APR credit cards.
You want rewards.
Compare balance transfer credit cards
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
- Apply for the card. You can make a balance transfer when you open your credit card. If you don’t want to, you can request one later. To make a balance transfer, you’ll need the account number of your existing balance. You’ll also need personal information like your income, employment details and Social Security number. For each transfer, you’ll pay no fees.
- Understand the card’s interest rate. Simmons Bank doesn’t offer an intro APR on balance transfers for this card. Once you transfer a balance, it will start accruing interest at a 10.5% variable APR. If you’re unsure about any balance transfer details, contact Simmons Bank support.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Simmons Visa®, you must be at least 18 years old.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for this card if you apply with an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
Here are a few other factors that might affect your odds of approval:
- Hard pulls on your credit report. If you have several hard inquiries — or hard pulls — on your report, it could imply you’re having trouble managing your debt. Simmons Bank might think you’re desperate for credit and may be less likely to take you on as a customer.
- Factors that tie into your credit score. Your credit utilization is a major factor Simmons Bank considers. The bank prefers a customer with low balances relative to their credit limit. Having many new card accounts may be a red flag too, as it could indicate you’re desperate for credit. It may also give the impression that you’re a flighty customer who’s just hunting for signup bonuses.
What do customers say about the Simmons Visa®?
Many Simmons Visa® customers point out the card’s low interest rate and zero balance transfer fees as a huge boon.
Simmons Bank is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau, but it earns an A+ rating from the agency. As of this writing, it has two negative reviews.
How to apply for the Simmons Visa®
- Go to the Simmons Bank site and click Apply online. Then click the checkbox and I agree to proceed.
- Complete the application form with your personal and financial information.
- Review your application and submit it.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make payments on time. Register an account on the Simmons Bank site to pay your balance online. You can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of at least 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. For each late payment, you’ll incur a fee of up to $35.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions about your account, call the number on the back of your card. Alternatively, call 800-272-2102 for the Consumer Credit Cards help line.
The Simmons Visa® is a surprisingly strong choice because of its low APR on purchases and balance transfers. If you want to make a balance transfer, you’ll also like that you won’t pay fees.
Not sure if the Simmons Visa® is right for you? There are many other great options, including low-APR credit cards, balance transfer cards with rewards and cards for long-term balance transfers.
Compare Simmons Bank credit cards