Where do Silversea’s ships depart from?
Depart from key port cities in the US like New York City and Fort Lauderdale, or start your adventure elsewhere around the globe. Here’s where you can depart from:
- Silversea currently sails from:Baltimore, Barbados, Barcelona, Bermuda, Charleston, Copenhagen, Dover, Fort Lauderdale, Galveston, Honolulu, Jacksonville, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Mobile, New Orleans, New York City, Norfolk, Port Canaveral, San Diego, San Francisco, San Juan, Tampa, Tampa/St.Petersburg, Vancouver, Venice
Silversea cruises — destinations
Silversea sails to more than 900 destinations to some off-the-beaten path itineraries and unique port stops around the world. Even experienced travelers find a destination that titillates their wanderlust. Here’s where you can sail with Silversea:
- Here’s where it sails to:Alaska, Bahamas, Baja Mexico, Canada and New England, Eastern Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera, Panama Canal, Southern Caribbean, Transatlantic, Western Caribbean
Why you should (or shouldn’t) cruise with Silversea cruise line
Silversea is a luxury cruise line, with premium upfront fares. However, so much is included like gratuities, alcohol, Wi-Fi and shore excursions — all things you’d pay extra for on midtier and budget cruises. Many Silversea deals even include economy air and hotels stays before and after your cruise.
The majority of Silversea cruisers tend to be older than 60 years old. But age aside, it’s easy to meet and make friends due to the intimate ship size. So if you’re looking to relax and enjoy enriching lectures, educational classes and gourmet food — leaving the party life and water parks behind — then Silversea might be for you.
Weigh the pros and cons before booking your Silversea cruise:
- Small ships can reach remote, boutique ports larger ships can’t
- Every cabin has an ocean view
- Fine dining restaurants have flexible schedules
- Concierge helps you choose shore excursions
- White-glove butler service is included with every suite
- 24/7 complimentary room service
- Cruise fares are pricey
- Can’t book online, only through a Silversea travel
- Specialty restaurants aren’t always included in the fare
- Fewer high-energy activities and entertainment available on board
Other notable details are that Silversea lacks programming for kids or teens, and smoking is restricted to the Panorama Lounge, Pool Bar, the Connoisseur’s Lounge and other select decks.
How to find discounts on Silversea cruises
Silversea cruises promise lifelong memories — but the price tends to be higher than other cruises. Here’s how to snag discounts on Silversea cruises to help foot the bill:
- Shop last-minute cruises. If your schedule is flexible, find deals on cruises that depart within the next month or two, as Silversea is trying its best to fill up the ships.
- Browse far in advance. Not only does Silversea offer 10% off early bird bookings, you’re more likely to find cruise deals that include airfare and even overnight hotel stays when you reserve your spot on a Silversea cruise in advance. Ten percent can turn a $6,000 cruise into one that costs $5,400.
- Book during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Silversea, like most major cruise lines, tends to offer its best deals of the year around the holidays. In 2019, for example, it offered 50% off the second fare when you booked one full price.
- Join its loyalty program. Silversea’s Venetian Society is a memberships program that grants you access to privileges at sea and milestone rewards the more you book. After sailing for 100 days, for example, you can save 5% on all future savings.
Does Silversea have river cruises?
No, Silversea doesn’t offer river cruises. But consider the following cruise lines, with a similar luxury concepts and an upscale, all-included atmosphere on board:
- Crystal river cruises
- Tauk river cruises
- Viking River Cruises
If you’re idea of the perfect vacation includes personalized service, fine dining and educational shore excursions, Silversea could be worth your money. But if you’re hoping for a cruise line that has more nightlife, onboard activities or a lower price tag, keep browsing to find a cruise that matches your criteria.
Frequently asked questions
Latest Silversea cruise deals