Find fast cash near you and learn about the regulations.
Arlington has several quick financing options, even if your credit score is less than perfect. And it’s one of a handful of cities in Texas that has local regulations to protect you. But even with that, there’s no limit to how much a lender can charge, so you’ll likely find APRs in the triple digits.
Can I get a payday loan in Arlington, Texas?
Yes, you can get a payday loan in Arlington, Texas. In addition to state laws, Arlington his its own ordinance that regulates payday loans. Here’s what you can expect:
- Maximum loan amount: 20% of your monthly income before taxes
- Maximum repayment term: Four repayments equal to at least 25% of the loan principal
- Maximum APR: None
Learn more about Texas state regulations by checking out our guide.
Title loans in Arlington, TX
Need to borrow more than 20% of your monthly income? Consider a title loan instead. In Arlington, you can borrow up to either 70% of the retail value of your car or 3% of your annual income, whichever is less.
Read our guide to Texas title loans for more details on what to expect.
Arlington credit access bureaus
You may have noticed that there are more credit access bureaus than short-term lenders in Arlington. Credit access bureaus don’t actually issue payday loans, but instead connect borrowers with a third-party lender for a fee. Even though they aren’t technically lenders, Texas law requires these businesses to be licensed — and to display it prominently.
Speak Spanish or Vietnamese — or know someone who does? Arlington requires credit access bureaus to provide contracts in those languages as well.
Compare short-term loans you can apply for today
What do I need to apply?
What you need to apply varies depending on your lender or credit access bureau. Generally, you need to meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Have a regular source of income. You might not necessarily need to have a job, but you typically need to have money coming in to qualify for a payday loan in Arlington.
- Have a checking account. Most lenders require you to have an active checking account if you apply online or in-store.
- Be over 18. You must be at lest 18 years old to take out any kind of loan in Texas.
- Have a Social Security number or taxpayer identification number. Your lender may use this to verify your identity or check your credit.
You’ll also need to provide some or all of the following documents:
- Proof of income. Lenders typically ask to see recent pay stubs or a bank statement to prove that you’re able to repay the loan.
- Personal check. If you apply online, you might be asked to provide an account number and routing number instead.
- Valid government-issued ID. Lenders may ask for a US driver’s license or passport, though some in Arlington might accept a Matricula Consular card.
- Proof of residence. If your ID doesn’t verify your address, you might be asked to produce a copy of a recent utility bill, lease or other document showing that you live where you say you live.
Where to find short-term loan locations in Arlington
Short-term loan locations near me in Arlington, TX
- ACE Cash Express.251 SW Wilshire Blvd Ste 104, Burleson, TX 76028
- Power Finance Texas.1303 N Collins St Suite 417, Arlington, TX 76011
- BlueKnight Financial.2280 Suite# A, N Collins St, Arlington, TX 76011
- Texas Car Title & Payday Loan Services, Inc.2222 S Bowen Rd, Arlington, TX 76013
- Check N Title Loans.1606 E Abram St #104, Arlington, TX 76010
- Quick Loans.3151 S Cooper St #121, Arlington, TX 76015
- Check `n Go.1083 N Collins St Ste A, Arlington, TX 76011
- Sun Loan Company.1231 E Pioneer Pkwy ste 121, Arlington, TX 76010
- Payday One.3200 S Cooper St # 112, Arlington, TX 76015
- Atlas Credit Co., Inc.517 E Abram St, Arlington, TX 76010
Be cautious of high rates
Don’t let the fact that Arlington has additional regulations fool you — short-term lenders still have no limits to what APRs they can charge.
Go over your personal finances before you take out a loan to make sure you can afford to repay it on time. If not, consider taking out a credit card cash advance or reaching out to local resources. You also might want to see if a nearby federal credit union offers payday alternative loans, which come with rates capped at 28%.
Payday, installment and title loans may be fast financing solutions for Arlington residents, but they don’t come cheap. Make sure your provider is licensed and meets all state requirements before applying.
Interested in learning more about how payday loans work? Check out our comprehensive guide.