Part of the Omnex Group, Sharemoney has specialized in money transfers for more than 25 years. Transferring money is easy, whether you’re taking care of foreign relatives or topping up your BFF’s kayaking emergency fund. And Sharemoney keeps your money safe and secure with a tracking number and a range of delivery options that include door-to-door and thousands of pickup locations. Sharemoney doesn’t cover all locations, but it’s adding new territories, so confirm that your money can get where it needs to.
Our experience transferring money with Sharemoney
Here’s what we found when we sent a live transfer to Mexico through Sharemoney:
- We paid a low fee and received a competitive rate within 2.1% of the mid-market rate, with rates updated multiple times a day.
- Our funds were deposited to our recipient’s Mexican bank account within 24 hours.
- Sharemoney’s easy-to-use website allowed us to sign up and initiate a transfer in 5 minutes. You also have the option of initiating a transfer by phone.
- Sharemoney provided accurate rate quotes, but we weren’t informed of an additional transfer fee until the end of our transaction.
We recognize Sharemoney as a winner of two categories in the finder.com Money Transfer Awards 2017: Best User Experience and Fastest Transfer.
- Rates. Updated daily; users report strong rates compared with other services.
- Fees. From $2.99; credit card payments may incur additional fees from your issuing bank.
- Payment methods. Debit card, credit card and bank account.
- Payment limits. From $20 to $2,999.99 daily with a cap of $2,999.99 every 15 days and $9,999.99 every six months; send up to $9,999.99 within 15 days by providing additional info.
- Delivery time. Bank deposit and cash pickup from 15 minutes to 24 hours; home delivery from 24 to 48 hours. Additional delays may apply due to security, banking holidays and the payout agency’s hours of operation.
- Countries. Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Uruguay and Vietnam.
- Customer service. Online form, toll-free number.
Compare other international money transfer providers
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options. With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
What are the benefits of Sharemoney?
With competitive fees and rates along with a simple, fast service, it’s worth keeping Sharemoney in mind for unexpected family emergencies. Supporting your loved ones abroad is easy, because signing up for an account means that once you’ve paid someone, you can repeat the transaction with two clicks. Users report fast delivery times and easy pickups — and Sharemoney can even text you when your money’s arrived.
- Low transfer fees. Starting at $2.99, fees vary across countries and territories.
- Exchange rate calculator. See on its site exactly how much your friend or relative will get.
- Fast service. Buy your pen pal dinner in under 15 minutes.
- Door-to-door delivery. In as little as 48 hours.
- Offers and discounts available. You might be able to grab a bargain on Sharemoney’s Facebook page.
How to ensure a smooth transaction
According to Sharemoney, they’ve made great improvements in customer service wait times and resolving transfer issues. As with any money transfer provider, set aside time to resolve issues on the phone if you feel you need to talk to a representative. They don’t send money to every location, so make sure your country or territory is covered before you need to send.
- Limited service. Although Sharemoney is expanding, double-check that your destination is covered.
- Limited US service. If you’re a resident of one of the 16 states Sharemoney isn’t licensed in, you’ll need to find another money transfer provider.
- Exact pickup location needed. If you choose cash pickup, you must specify the store — not only a branch — for your friend or family to visit. This could be frustrating if your payee doesn’t live nearby or have transportation.
- Low maximum transfers. Sharemoney has a cap of $2,999 every 15 days and $9,999 every six months.
- No live chat option. If you have questions, you’ll need to call or submit an online form for help.
What information do I need?
- Bank account, debit card or credit card. Paying with a credit card will incur additional fees with your bank.
- Government-issued ID. You’ll need to upload a license or passport to send money.
How to transfer money with Sharemoney
To initiate a transfer with Sharemoney, simply visit its website and follow these easy steps:
- Click your recipient’s country and your method of delivery.
- If you choose cash pickup, select the bank you’d like to send the money to.
- Enter your account details and upload your ID.
- Enter the details of the friend or family member picking up your transfer.
- Enter your payment method.
- Confirm your details and click “Done.”
You’ll receive a Money Transfer Number with your confirmation to track the progress of your transfer on Sharemoney’s website.
I transferred my money — now what?
What happens next depends on how you’ve specified your method of delivery:
- For cash pickup, tell your recipient the exact store location you chose for them. They will not be able to request your transfer from any other branch. The money should be available for pickup within 24 hours.
- For a bank deposit, your money should arrive within 24 hours.
- For home delivery, the money should be at their door within 24 to 48 hours.
Offering excellent exchange rates and low fees, Sharemoney is ideal if you have friends or family abroad but not such a strong competitor if you need to send $10,000 or more.
Need an international money transfer but aren’t tempted by this offer? Compare other products.
Frequently asked questions
Does Sharemoney offer hedging options or the ability to schedule recurring transfers?
Unfortunately, Sharemoney does not offer the flexibility of rate locks, forward contracts or recurring transfers.
How much will I pay to send money with Sharemoney?
Fees start at $2.99 but vary by country and how much you’re sending.
Are Sharemoney's exchange rates good?
Online reviewers find that Sharemoney’s exchange rates are strong, especially when compared with other providers like Xoom.
Where can I send money with Sharemoney?
Sharemoney sends to Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Uruguay and Vietnam.
How much can I send with Sharemoney?
You an send from $20 to $2,999.99 daily with a cap of $2,999.99 every 15 days and $9,999.99 every six months. You can apply to send up to $9,999.99 within 15 days, but you’ll need to submit additional information to comply with state and federal regulations.
Is Sharemoney a secure site?
Sharemoney protects its site using SSL encryption, which keeps your details — and the details of who you’re paying — completely safe. And ID is required when your payee collects your cash pickup.