Speedy international delivery and ease of tracking to South America and Asia
Sharemoney keeps your money safe and secure with a tracking number and offers a range of delivery options that include door-to-door and thousands of pickup locations.
If the state you’re in and the country you’re sending to are on the approved list, Sharemoney makes it easy to securely transfer money abroad.
|Product Name||Sharemoney International Money Transfer|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 20|
|Max. Transfer Amount||USD 2,999|
Minimum transfer time
|1 - 2 days|
|Available Currencies||ARS, BOB, BRL, CLP, COP, CRC, DOP, GTQ, HNL, INR, MXN, NGN, PAB, PEN, PHP, PYG, SVC, USD, UYU, VND, XOF|
|Online Transfer Fee||2.99%|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Daily|
- Low transfer fees
- Exchange rate calculator
- Fast service
- Limited countries available
Fast transfers to South America and Asia
Part of the Omnex Group, Sharemoney has specialized in money transfers for more than 25 years. Transferring money is easy, whether you’re taking care of foreign relatives or topping up your BFF’s kayaking emergency fund.
With competitive fees and rates along with a simple, fast service, it’s worth keeping Sharemoney in mind for unexpected family emergencies. Rates are updated daily, and you’ll see clear fees and exchange rates before you finish your transfer.
Supporting your loved ones abroad is easy, because signing up for an account means that once you’ve paid someone, you can repeat the transaction with three clicks. Users report fast delivery times and easy pickups — and Sharemoney can even text you when your money’s arrived.
Sharemoney doesn’t cover all locations, but it’s adding new territories, so confirm that your money can get where it needs to.
Our experience transferring money with Sharemoney
Here’s what we found when we sent a live transfer to Mexico through Sharemoney:
- We paid a low fee and received a competitive rate within 2.1% of the mid-market rate, with rates updated multiple times a day.
- Our funds were deposited into our recipient’s Mexican bank account within 24 hours.
- Sharemoney’s easy-to-use website allowed us to sign up and initiate a transfer in 5 minutes. You also have the option of initiating a transfer by phone.
- Sharemoney provided accurate rate quotes, but we weren’t informed of an additional transfer fee until the end of our transaction.
We recognize Sharemoney as a winner of two categories in the finder.com Money Transfer Awards 2017: Best User Experience and Fastest Transfer.
How much will it cost to send money through Sharemoney?
Like other money transfer services, Sharemoney charges a flat transaction fee plus a small percentage of the amount you’re sending. Sharemoney’s transfer fees start at $2.99 (higher if you’re paying by credit card) and vary by country. It offers competitive exchange rates and can deliver your money quickly — sometimes in minutes.
Calculate your fees and exchange rate
What types of transfers can I make with Sharemoney?
You can only make one-off transfers with Sharemoney.
- Debit card
- Credit card
Your recipient can collect the funds in one of three ways:
- Bank deposit
- Cash pickup
- Home delivery
Pros and cons of sending money with Sharemoney
- Simple conversions. Sharemoney takes the math out of international transfers by updating current international rates hourly and transparently showing you how much money your recipient will receive.
- High-speed transfers. With transfers occurring in as little as 15 minutes (depending on your transfer method), Sharemoney can get your cash into the hands of your recipient up to 72 hours quicker than competitors.
- Home delivery option. Sharemoney is one of the few services that gives your recipient the option of delivery to their door.
- Simple, clear tracking. Sharemoney provides a variety of notification settings and tracking options to ensure that your money arrives safely.
- Low minimum. Send as little as $1 overseas.
- Limited state availability. Sharemoney is licensed to operate in 36 out of 50 states, so you may not be able to access its services.
- Not all countries available. Sharemoney’s services are largely limited to South America and select Asian countries.
- Low transfer limits. Sharemoney has a cap of $2,999 every 15 days and $9,999 every six months, so Sharemoney may not be ideal for those making large regular transfers.
- Exact pickup location needed. If you choose cash pickup, you must specify the store — not only a branch — for your friend or family to visit. This could be frustrating if your payee doesn’t live nearby or have transportation.
- No live chat option. If you have questions, you’ll need to call or submit an online form for help.
How do I use Sharemoney?
Transferring cash through Sharemoney is an easy process. To initiate a transfer, you’ll need:
- A Sharemoney account. You can register for an account as you set up the transaction.
- A valid payment method. Your bank account information or debit card or credit card.
- Your recipient’s name, contact information and banking details. You’ll only need their bank name and account number if you’re transferring money to an account.
- Your contact and banking information. Including the account number and security information for the account you’re transferring from.
If your recipient will be picking up cash in person, let them know to bring along a required ID.
Steps to transfer your money
To initiate a transfer with Sharemoney, simply visit its website and follow these easy steps. You’ll receive a Money Transfer Number with your confirmation to track the progress of your transfer on Sharemoney’s website.
What happens next?
- Track your transfer. Go to Sharemoney’s Money Tracker and enter the reference number at the bottom of your receipt to see details of your transaction.
- For cash pickup, tell your recipient the exact store location you chose for them. They will not be able to request your transfer from any other branch. The money should be available for pickup within 24 hours.
- For a bank deposit, your money should arrive within 24 hours.
- For home delivery, the money should be at their door within 24 to 48 hours.
Offering good exchange rates and low fees, Sharemoney is ideal if you have friends or family in South America, the Caribbean or Asia, but not such a strong competitor if you need to send $10,000 or more.
Need an international money transfer but aren’t tempted by this offer? Compare other products.