Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Guide to Vaccinated Travel Framework (VTF)
Fully vaccinated travellers can now enjoy enter Singapore without mandatory travel insurance, quarantine or on-arrival test requirements.
As of 1 April 2022, Singapore has eased Covid-19 travel restrictions and reopened its borders under the Vaccinated Travel Framework (VTF).
Learn how VTF work and all that you need to know before travelling to Singapore.
What is the Vaccinated Travel Framework (VTF)?
To help facilitate the resumption of travel to Singapore, the Singapore Government has introduced the Vaccinated Travel Framework (VTF) for all inbound travellers, including Short-Term Visitors (STVs).
With this new development, fully vaccinated travellers will be able to enter Singapore from any country, on any flight, without quarantine or on-arrival testing. There’ll also be no more mandatory travel insurance requirements for tourists.
- No more quarantine and on-arrival testing. Fully vaccinated travellers from any country (unless your 7-day travel history includes countries on the Restricted list – none at the moment), can enter Singapore without the need for quarantine or on-arrival testing,
- No more VTL concept. Travellers may enter Singapore on any flight, without quarantine or on-arrival testing.
- Booster dose is not required for entry. A booster dose is currently not required to be considered fully vaccinated. Travellers are eligible for entry via VTF as long as they’re able to prove their vaccination status during boarding and at Singapore immigration.
- Children are eligible for VTF regardless of their actual vaccination status. Travellers aged 12 years and below are eligible for VTF, regardless if they’re vaccinated or not.
- Travel insurance is no longer mandatory. There’ll also be no more mandatory travel insurance requirements for tourists.
- Vaccinated Travel Pass is no longer required. Fully vaccinated short-term visitors can now enter Singapore without the need to apply for a Vaccinated Travel Pass.
What remains the same
- Pre-departure test requirements. Travellers are still required to undergo ART/PCR tests 2 days prior to travel to Singapore. However, this requirement may be scrapped in the near future.
- Restriction for unvaccinated travellers remains. Unvaccinated individuals above 13 years old will mostly be barred from entry, with limited exceptions.
Although it is not mandatory to purchase travel insurance before travelling to or out of Singapore, it is always a good precaution to get be adequately covered. Learn more in our travel insurance guide.
Outbound travel from Singapore: Entry requirements for fully-vaccinated travellers
Before travelling out of Singapore, be sure to find out if your destination country only allows entry for specific travel purposes or require an individual exemption.
Examples of essential travel may include, but are not restricted to:
- Essential business or official travel
- Medical treatment
- Compassionate and other special circumstances
Here’s an overview of the travel requirements for some of the most common destinations:
Note: Information provided is accurate as of 8 April 2022
Compare travel insurance policies and apply securely
More guides on Finder
Finder’s Travel Index – Singapore
Finder’s Travel Index is an ongoing series of surveys conducted in 12 countries to get a beat on the global travel pulse.