UOB Yolo Card Review
Reap nightlife, entertainment and travel benefits with the UOB YOLO Card.
The UOB YOLO Credit Card lives up to its name, offering cardholders exclusive entertainment, dining and online shopping perks. With an annual fee of S$192.60 that is waived in the first year, the card also offers numerous rebates for personal transactions as well as free travel insurance.
The UOB YOLO Credit Card allows cardholders to enjoy up to 8% and 3% bonus cashback on Grab, Dining and Entertainment spend and 3% bonus cashback on Online Fashion and Travel spend. To qualify for the bonus of 8% and 3% cashback, cardholders must spend a minimum of S$600 through their UOB Yolo Card on eligible transactions per month in the applicable qualifying periods. Cardholders who do not meet the qualifying spend will earn 0.3% cashback. This bonus rebate is also capped at S$60 per qualifying period.
S$0 annual fee for 1 year - S$192.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||UOB Yolo Card|
|Reward||Wide range of discounts including at Bubble Tea Factory. Plus, complimentary travel insurance|
|Effective Interest Rate||25.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of current balance or S$50, whichever is higher, plus any overdue amounts|
|Go to site|
James is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
Benefits of the UOB YOLO Credit Card
- Bonus Cashback. Cardholders earn up to 8% bonus cash rebates on Grab, Dining and Entertainment spend and 3% bonus cash rebate on Online Fashion and Travel spend. Spend a minimum of S$600 on eligible transactions per month in the qualifying periods. Cardholders who do not meet the qualifying spend will earn 0.3% cashback. Rebates are capped at S$60 per qualifying period and terms and conditions must be met. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free travel insurance coverage. Charge the entire fare to your UOB YOLO credit card to be able to enjoy free travel insurance of up to S$500,000.
Features of the UOB YOLO Credit Card
Along with the range of entertainment and lifestyle benefits the UOB Yolo Card offers with each transaction, there is more to this card. Key features of the UOB Yolo Card include the following.
- Annual fee. There’s a first year card fee waiver. Following this, the annual fee is S$192.60.
- Supplementary card. Annual fee for first supplementary card is free of charge. Subsequent supplementary cards is charged at S$96.30 yearly.
- Pay and dine with your mobile phone. Get UOB YOLO deals through your mobile phone after signing up. Payment is fuss-free. All it takes is one secure tap at one of the 10,000 store terminals which may support Apple Pay, Android Pay, UOB Mighty and Samsung Pay.
- Auto enrolment to eStatement. With your credit card statements archived automatically for up to 5 years from your subscription, rest assured that you can easily track your spending.
- Gateway to UOB Young Professional’s Solution. UOB Yolo Cards can be linked to a UOB One Account in a scheme that supports young professionals who wish to begin investing. Cash rebates and interest can be invested in a Unit Trust.
- Quick Read Card design. As the first Quick Read Card in Southeast Asia, the UOB Yolo Card offers an innovative layout. Numbers are vertically stacked to optimise your ability to read the card numbers swiftly and accurately.
- Sign-up offer. Up to S$230 in cash credits. S$150 cash credit when you apply for a new Credit Card (ends 30 June 2020) and S$80 cash credit when you open an account online (ends 20 April 2020). T&C apply.
- Singaporean citizens or Permanent Residents (PRs), must demonstrate a minimum income of S$30,000 annually or Fixed Deposit collateral minimum of S$10,000.
- Foreigner nationals must have a minimum income of S$40,000 or Fixed Deposit collateral minimum of S$10,000.
- 21 years of age or over.
- Singaporeans and PRs should provide a National Registration Identity Card (NRIC) for each principal and supplementary card applicant.
- Salaried employees also must supply either a computerised payslip for the past 3 months, their latest 12-month Central Provident Fund (CPF) contribution statement or latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and computerised payslip.
- Commission-based employees should also supply either their latest 12 months’ CPF contribution statement, latest Income Tax Notice of Assessment and computerised payslip or Income Tax Notices of Assessment for the past 2 years.
- Self-employed individuals have to supply Income Tax Notice of Assessments for the past 2 years.
Foreigners must also provide the following:
- Employment pass with minimum 6 months’ validity.
- Photocopy of passport with minimum 6 months’ validity (for principal and supplementary applicants).
- Proof of local home address through latest billings, such as bills for utilities or phones.