Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
UOB Visa Signature Card Review
Earn 10X UNI$ on eligible overseas, online, petrol and contactless transactions.
One of the longest-standing credit cards from UOB, the UOB Visa Signature card offers generous rewards for foreign spending. Earn up to 4 miles per $1 spent (equivalent to UNI$10 for every $5 spent) on overseas, online, petrol and contactless transactions. Cardholders can also enjoy an annual fee waiver in the first year, complimentary trip coverage and the convenience of paying for public transport via SimplyGo.
Use this guide to compare the benefits and costs of the UOB Visa Signature card so you can decide if it’s the right card for you.
Benefits of using the UOB Visa Signature Card
Here are some of the features you can expect with this card:
- Sign-up offer. Receive S$150 cash credit (for first 100 successful UOB personal credit card applications) when you apply for a new credit card and spend at least S$1,500 within 30 days from card approval date. T&C apply. Ends 30 June 2021.
- 10X UNI$ bonus earn. Earn 10X UNI$ on overseas, online, petrol (except at SPC and Shell) and contactless transactions when you charge a minimum of S$1000 to the card in the statement period. The maximum number of UNI$ you can earn at this elevated rate is capped at UNI$4,000.
- UNI$1 for every $5 spent. For all other eligible transactions, you’ll be awarded UNI$1 for every $5 spent. There is no cap to the amount of UNI$ you can earn on this basic tier.
- Flexible redemption options. Depending on your preference, you may choose to convert your UNI$ to a cash rebate to offset your purchases or redeem them for dining, shopping and travel vouchers from over 100 participating merchants. Take note that the UNI$ are only valid for two years after they were accrued (by quarterly period), so make sure to redeem them before they expire.
- One-year fee waiver. Benefit from an annual fee waiver in the first year. After that, the card charges a standard annual fee of S$214 p.a.
- Complimentary supplementary card. You can also apply for your first supplementary card for free, but subsequent cards will cost S$53.50 p.a. each.
- Petrol discounts. Save on your fuel cost with up to 24% off petrol at SPC and 20.80% off at Shell.
Features of the UOB Visa Signature Card
The UOB Visa Signature Card provides the following features:
- Complimentary travel insurance. Travel with peace of mind knowing that you’re covered up to S$500,000 for personal accidents on public transportation and up to S$500,000 for emergency medical assistance, evacuation and repatriation when you charge the full airfare to your card.
- SimplyGo. Enjoy the convenience of paying for your public bus and train rides directly with your contactless UOB cards and mobile payments. This way, you don’t need to queue up for a balance reload or carry multiple cards in your wallet.
How to apply for the UOB Visa Signature Card
If you have compared your options and decided to apply, you can begin your application by clicking on the green “Go to Site” button at the top of this page.
Existing UOB account holders can apply directly through Internet banking, with instant approval for applications using MyInfo as long as it is submitted between 7am to 8pm. Principal credit card customers can also start an application by sending an SMS. If you don’t have a UOB bank account but are a SingPass holder, you can submit an application by clicking on “Apply & Pay within minutes”. This fast, simple and secure application process will speed up the process by retrieving your personal details and income information directly from MyInfo.
Before applying, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents ready:
- Earn at least S$50,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
- Be at least 21 years of age or older
Frequently asked questions
If you tend to spend a lot of online shopping or travel overseas frequently, the UOB Visa Signature card promises more reward points on your non-Singapore dollar purchases. However, there is a maximum cap on the amount of UNI$ you can earn from the 10X accelerated earn rate. Before applying, make sure you compare it to a range of other no annual fee and rewards cards so that you can find the right option for you.
Compare other credit cards from UOB
More guides on Finder
How to check your credit card application status
We’ll help you check your credit card application progress with major banks and give you tips for the application process.
UOB Delight Credit Card Review
Get bonus rebates on groceries, contactless transactions and household bills with the UOB Delight Credit Card.
UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card Review
Earn rewards on your daily spending and save on shopping, dining, petrol and more with the UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card.
UOB Professionals Platinum Card Review
Earn generous rewards when you spend with the UOB Professionals Platinum card including perks on dining, shopping and fuel.
UOB JCB Card Review
Earn accelerated rebates and get a one-year fee waiver with the UOB JCB Card.
UOB UnionPay Platinum Card
Earn 2% cash rebates with no minimum spend, enjoy fuel savings and more with UOB.
How long does it take to get a credit card?
Learn about the factors behind how long it takes for you to get a new credit card.
Best credit cards for golf
Find out how you can save on green fees, and enjoy a range of other cardholder perks with a credit card that offers golf rewards.
Credit cards for foreigners in Singapore
Compare credit cards for foreigners living in Singapore and learn what details you need to provide for your application.
Best credit cards for big purchases
When it comes to big-ticket items, here’s how a credit card could work for you.