UOB Uniplus Savings Account review
Manage your finances conveniently with this account.
The UOB Uniplus is a statement-based savings account that provides convenience for your day-to-day banking needs. Currently, the account is running a promotion that offers up to 0.35% p.a. interest when you make incremental fresh fund deposits.
Find out more about its features and how you can earn bonus interest with the UOB Uniplus Savings account.
Fall below monthly fees
Maximum annual interest rate
How it works
The UOB Uniplus Savings account offers bonus interest rates based on the amount of incremental fresh funds and operates on a time-limited basis.
So in order to qualify for bonus interest with the UOB Uniplus Savings account, you’ll need to make an incremental fresh funds deposit of at least $15,000 within the promotional period (between 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021).
What are Fresh Funds?
Fresh funds refer to money that is:
- In the form of non-UOB cheques
- Not transferred from any existing UOB account
- Not withdrawn from any existing UOB account and redeposited (whether part or all of the amounts withdrawn) into the account within the promotion period (between 1 April 2021 to 30 June 2021)
As for ‘incremental fresh funds balance’, it refers to the daily difference between each day-end balance and your monthly average account balance for the calendar month.
- Welcome offer. Stand to redeem $76 (new to UOB customers) or $38 (existing UOB customers) cash credit when you apply for a new UOB Uniplus account online, deposit $5,000 in fresh funds into your new account and maintain for 2 months. You’ll also be required to credit your salary (min. $2,000) to the account.
- Competitive interest rates. Earn up to 0.35% p.a. interest rates during the promotional period.
- Instant notifications. Stay up-to-date with your banking activities with email or mobile phone alerts.
Fees and limits
The bonus interest rates for the UOB Uniplus Savings account are as follows:
|Incremental fresh funds balance||Bonus rates (p.a.)|
|$15,000 to $50,000||0.05%|
|Over $50,000 to $100,000||0.15%|
|Over $100,000 to $1,000,000||0.35%|
*Bonus interest rates stated are accurate as of 27 April 2021.
This mean that in order to earn the maximum potential interest rate of 0.35% p.a., you’ll need to have at least $100,000 of incremental fresh funds in your account. Do note that any amount exceeding $1,000,000 will only earn interest at the applicable prevailing interest rate.
Pros and cons of the UOB Uniplus Savings account
- Incentive to save. UOB encourages you to grow their balance through tiered bonus interest without requiring you to spend or fulfil other complicated criteria.
- 24/7 account access. Access your finances conveniently at the comfort of your home or on-the-go anytime with the UOB internet and phone banking services.
- Cash rebate. Get up to 3% rebate on eligible transactions at merchants such as Cold Storage, Giant, Guardian, 7-Eleven and Grab with the UOB One Debit Mastercard.
- Card fee waiver. Complimentary global ATM Card or enjoy a 3-year fee waiver on your UOB debit card
- Fast and simple application. The online form takes about five to 10 minutes to complete.
- Low initial deposit. Get started with a minimum deposit of S$500.
- Bonus interest rates only applicable during the promotional period. The promotional period for the bonus interest is only between 1 April 2021 till 30 June 2021.
- No bonus interest for any additional balance over $1,000,000. Any incremental fresh funds above $1,000,000 will only accrue interest at the prevailing base rate.
- Early account closure fee. There’ll be a $30 penalty if you wish to terminate the account within six months of setting up.
- Fall below fee. There’s a S$2 penalty if your daily average balance falls below S$500.
- Initial deposit. You’ll need to make a minimum initial deposit of S$500 (for Singaporeans and PR) or $1,000 (for foreigners) to open this account. For Singaporeans with a monthly income less than $2,000 and only using it as a basic bank account, the initial deposit is only $20.
How to sign up
To apply for the UOB Uniplus Savings account, you may do so online or in-person at your nearest UOB branch. Existing UOB customers can also apply directly via UOB Mighty or Personal Internet Banking.
Before applying, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents on hand. You’ll also need to make an initial deposit upon successful application.
To apply for a UOB Uniplus Savings Account, you must be:
- A Singaporean, Singapore PR or foreigner with a valid visa.
- At least 15 years old.
If you’re a new UOB customer, make sure to have the following documents on hand:
- Singaporeans and permanent residents:
- Front and back photocopy of your NRIC/passport
- Proof of residential address (if it’s different from the one in your NRIC)
- Valid passport
- Employment Pass/S Pass/Dependent/Study Pass
- Proof of residential address: e.g. utility bills, telco bills, bank statements or letters from government bodies dated within the last 3 months.
The UOB Uniplus Savings account comes with a range of features and is designed for daily banking needs. At the time of writing, account holders are entitled up to 0.35% p.a. of bonus interest on incremental funds from 1 April 2021 till 30 June 2021. However, this means that once the promotion is over, you’ll only earn the 0.05% p.a. prevailing interest on your balance so do take note of this before you apply.
If you’re looking for a competitive interest yield over a longer period of time, take a look at the high interest savings accounts in Singapore.
Compare with other savings accounts
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.