UOB One Card Review
Spend smart and grow your savings with Singapore’s most generous rebate card.
TheUOB One Card is stated as being Singapore’s most generous rebate card and it’s easy to see why. As well as quarterly cash rebates when you meet your minimum spend, you can get rebates for paying your power bill or taking a Grab car. The deal is sweetened even more with fuel discounts and included travel insurance, plus you can grow your savings with bonus interest on your savings account.
If you like to spend but want to save as much as you can at the same time, the UOB One Card is worth considering.
S$0 annual fee for 1 year - S$192.60 thereafter
Effective Interest Rate
Min Income - Singaporean and PR
|Product Name||UOB One Card|
|Reward||Up to 10% cashback on Grab and UOB Travel transactions; 6% for your Singapore Power bill; and 5% back on all other spending|
|Effective Interest Rate||25.9%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% of current balance or S$50, whichever is higher, plus any overdue amounts|
|Go to site|
Zyane is an associate editor for Singapore at Finder. An experienced copywriter and content creator, Zyane enjoys writing on a wide array of subjects. When she’s not busy typing away, she’s reading and musing over a pint.
Benefits of using UOB One Card
- Welcome gift. Up to S$230 in cash credits. S$150 cash credit when you apply for a new Credit Card (ends 30 June 2020) and S$80 cash credit when you open an account online (ends 20 April 2020). T&C apply.
- Fuel savings. Take advantage of up to 24% off at SPC and up to 20.8% off at Shell when you need to fill up.
- Rebates. Get rebates of up to 10% off for Grab and UOB travel and up to 6% for your Singapore Power bill. Additional rebates apply if you qualify for your quarterly cash rebate.
- Quarterly cash rebate. Make at least 5 purchases a month with a minimum spend of S$500, S$1,000 or $2,000 on any purchases and receive a quarterly cash rebate.
- SMART$ rebate. Offset your next purchase at one of hundreds of participating merchants with up to 10% SMART$ rebate.
- Bonus interest. If you have a UOB One Account, you’ll enjoy up to 3.88% p.a. deposit interest rate when you use your UOB One Card.
Features of the UOB One Card
- Annual fee. A yearly fee of S$192.60 applies for the principal card but you can get an automatic waiver of this fee if you’ve spent at least S$12,000 on the anniversary date. Subsequent cards incur a fee of S$96.30 however the first card is free.
- Rebate calculator. Use the rebate calculator on the UOB website to keep track of your quarterly cash rebate and total cash rebate for the year.
- No need for multiple cards. Thanks to SimplyGo, you can use your UOB One Card to pay for your public transport rides.
- Travel insurance. Your UOB One Card provides you with up to S$50,000 for emergency medical assistance, evacuation and repatriation plus S$500,000 public conveyance personal accident coverage.
- Access to The Travel Insider. Get inspired for your next holiday then plan and book all in one place.
- Mobile payments. Use your mobile phone to tap and pay by adding your UOB One Card to Google Pay, Apple Pay and more.
How to apply for the UOB One Card?
If the UOB One Card sounds like the card for you, you can start your application by clicking on the green ‘Go to site’ button at the top of this page. Existing UOB account holders can apply through internet banking, with instant approval for applications submitted between 7am and 8pm. Principal credit card customers can also start an application by sending an SMS.
Before applying, you should make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the correct required documents ready to go.
- At least 21 years old
- Annual income of at least S$30,000 for Singapore citizens and permanent residents or S$40,000 for foreigners; or
- At least S$10,000 fixed deposit collateral