UOB Mighty FX
Shop overseas without worrying about high foreign exchange fees with the UOB Mighty FX card.
If you’re the kind of person who online shops, travels regularly or needs multiple currencies on hand, the UOB Mighty FX could be a great option for you. There are a total of 10 supported foreign currencies which can make overseas spending more cost-effective.
Read on to learn the key points of UOB Mighty FX, including which UOB Accounts you can link with the account feature.
James Martin is a senior writer at Finder. He has written on a range of finance and business topics for over five years and his work has been featured in publications including The Irish Times, Companies 100, In Business and Q Magazine (UK). As a trained journalist, James can drill into the finer details of financial products to help you save time and money. In his spare time, James is a committed sports fan, novel reader and Thai food enthusiast.
Features of the UOB Mighty FX account
- Hold multiple currencies. You’re able to hold AUD, CHF, CNH, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD and USD.
- Fast and easy currency exchanges. Gone are the days when you need to queue up to get your money changed. Instead you can make an exchange wherever you are, 24/7.
- No minimum deposit or balance maintenance. Just be aware of any balance requirements for your linked UOB account.
- FX Debit. This is the card’s direct debit feature which lets you make fast payments both locally and overseas. It’ll automatically be turned on when your card is issued. You should keep this switched on to take advantage of fee-free exchanges for all overseas point-of-sale transactions, online shopping and ATM cash withdrawals.
- Card privileges. KrisFlyer UOB account holders can get an extra 200 KrisFlyer air miles each time you convert a minimum of S$1,000 to any of the 10 foreign currencies. This is capped at four conversions per year.
Fees and limits to be aware of
- Annual card fee of S$18 will be waived for the first three years. It will also be waived if you make a minimum 12 Mastercard transactions each year.
- S$5 for ATM withdrawals in foreign currencies while you’re overseas
- The standard charges with Mighty FX are pretty competitive when compared to other debit cards in Singapore. However, the exchange rate on Mighty FX from Singapore dollars is set by Mighty FX itself and is typically a bit weaker than the interbank rate.
Mighty FX has to be linked to one of the following accounts with UOB:
- One Account
- Wealth Premium Account
- Privilege Account
- KrisFlyer UOB Account
A Mighty FX debit card will be issued to you. If you currently hold a KrisFlyer UOB Account you’ll receive a KrisFlyer UOB Debit Card.
How to apply for a UOB Might FX account
New UOB customers can apply for Mighty FX in-person at any UOB branch, or online via the UOB website using their MyInfo account. You’ll need to be either:
- Singaporean Permanent Resident (PR)
- Existing UOB customers who have a current account or savings account are able to apply via their UOB Internet Banking.
- Foreigners should visit any UOB branch if they wish to apply.
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.