UOB Lady’s Debit Card Review
Get shopping, beauty and dining benefits with the UOB Lady's Debit Card.
The UOB Lady’s Debit Card comes with a wide range of dining, beauty and shopping privileges. Designed by homegrown fashion designer Priscilla Shunmugam, this beautiful card allows you to earn up to 10% SMART$ rebates and redeem your cashback at over 300 partner merchants in Singapore.
Read on to find out what you need to know about the UOB Lady’s Debit Card, and see if it’s the right card for you.
First 3 years are free after which S$18 yearly would apply
Minimum Initial Deposit
|Product Name||UOB Lady’s Debit Card Review|
|Annual Fee||First 3 years are free after which S$18 yearly would apply|
|Rewards||10% SMART$ rebate|
1-for-1 different offers
|Mobile payments||Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, NETSPay, PayLah!|
Zyane Tan is an associate editor at Finder. An experienced copywriter and content creator, Zyane enjoys writing on a wide array of subjects. When she’s not busy typing away, she’s reading and musing over a pint.
If you’re looking for a debit card that comes with shopping perks and rebates, the UOB Lady’s Debit Card is one to consider. While it may cost S$18 p.a. after the three-year annual fee waiver, it is easily waivable as long as you make a minimum of 12 Mastercard transactions within the calendar year. Before applying, make sure you’ve compared your options to find one that suits your needs.
Features of the UOB Lady's Debit CardHere are some of the benefits you can expect with the UOB Lady’s Debit Card:
- Up to a 10% SMART$ rebate. Earn up to 10% SMART$ on-the-spot when you spend at over 300 participating outlets island-wide, including Cold Storage, Giant, Guardian, BreadTalk, Cathay Cineplexes and more. You can accrue SMART$ all year round and use it to offset your next purchase, with no minimum spend required.
- Exclusive UOB privileges. Enjoy a wide array of 1-for-1 dining offers, travel deals, entertainment perks and more.
- Payment protection. Rest assured that your online purchases will be covered up to US$200 in the event of missed deliveries or damaged items.
- Transit ready with SimplyGo. The UOB Lady’s Debit Card can be used for fare payment via card, mobile or wearable payment (Apple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay), so you can just tap and go for public bus and train rides without the hassle of queuing and reloading your EZ-Link card.
- Contactless payment technology. Enjoy the convenience of making fast and secure payments when you shop with Mastercard contactless.
- Worldwide acceptance. The card is accepted at over 30 million Mastercard merchants across the globe. Cardholders can also pay for purchases with NETS at over 14,000 outlets island-wide.
- Enhanced card security. Receive instant SMS notifications whenever transactions are made. If you lose your card, you’ll not be liable for any unauthorised card transactions effected on the card after the bank has been notified.
What fees and limits apply?
- Enjoy an annual fee waiver for three years. After this, the annual fee is S$18 p.a. but is waivable with a minimum of 12 Mastercard transactions per calendar year.
- A 3.25% fee applies to foreign currency transactions
- You’ll be charged a 2.8% for transactions in Singapore dollars that are processed overseas
- If you need your debit card replaced it will cost S$20
- You’ll be charged S$5 for every transaction made at overseas ATMs. There is no service fee for withdrawals made at UOB ATMs in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.
How to apply for the UOB Lady's Debit CardYou may apply for the UOB Lady’s Debit Card via UOB branch or through the application form. Before applying, make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required documents ready:
- Female applicant
- Singapore citizen, permanent residents or foreigner with a valid visa
- At least 16 years old
- Hold at least a UOB savings or current account
- No minimum income required
- Photocopy of your NRIC (front and back); or
- Photocopy of your passport with at least 6 months validity; or
- Duly completed and signed application form
Compare a range of debit cards in Singapore
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.